Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

4 hours ago, mattbarker said:

Thanks for your thoughts :)

I should really explain my reasoning a bit as the list probably looks a bit mad!

The Chaos Lord is a new addition for me. He's primarily there to combine his spell with the Castellan's to help hurt things. Whilst a little pricey he should pay off. 

The remainder of the Nurgle "blob" is there mostly to fill out some resilience more than anything as I've suffered hard at the hands of stormcasts before tearing through things. Without a large artillery line behind me to whittle things down from afar and the fireglaives having a relatively short range, I've found it hard in the past to hold any objectives or survive through multiple combat rounds against some things. Will definitely look at taking them in a block of at least 20 though to get the cloud of flies bonus. Largely I'm weak willed and bought all these things because they looked cool! Might think about swapping out Sayl for something else, however he's done well for me in the past holding objectives early and with the new endless spells on tap I suspect just considering him as a wizard (even as an expensive one) gets me extra casts and dispells. 

The original reason for the list anyway is a distinct lack of heavy metal. Eventually my plan is for an Iron Daemon and some Magma Canons, but who has the time (or coin)! 

I understand.  You can play what you like, and if you're dead-set on playing them I would:

-Max out the plaguebearer unit

-Max out an Ironsworn unit

-Drop the Plague Ogors for something else like Chaos Knights marked Nurgle

-Maybe grab a Nurgle Hero?  

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I understand.  You can play what you like, and if you're dead-set on playing them I would:

-Max out the plaguebearer unit

-Max out an Ironsworn unit

-Drop the Plague Ogors for something else like Chaos Knights marked Nurgle

-Maybe grab a Nurgle Hero?  

I do have a Lord of Plagues just sat around not doing anything... Swapping out Sayl for him or a Herald will give me more bonuses over the gribbleh bits... 

All good food for thought anyways - appreciate your input dude :D

Hello! New to the community and a long time Chaos Dwarf fan.

I have about 40 odd models from the original range that I've been stripping and re painting recently.  I'm contemplating running them as part of a combined Legion / Khorne Bloodbound list.

Based on the models I have I'm thinking of a big 30 block of Infernal Guard, a Deathshrieker RL, Castellan, BSB, Daemonsmith and then possibly a Gore Pilgrims battalion from the Bloodbound.

If I were to add to it, I'm hoping that K'daii will be good in the new edition, so I may add some of those. I'm not overly a fan of the FW K'daii models - I was thinking of converting up some suitably fiery Spirit Hosts instead. 

I'd be interested to get peoples opinions! I haven't seen much on CD in the new edition, though when I asked Ben Johnson on twitter he did confirm they would very much still be a thing.

Some pics of what I'm working on attached. They will be getting moved on to round bases with a lava theme eventually.

rocket.jpg

cd.jpg

On 6/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, Ar-Pharazôn said:

How soon after GHB2017 did they update stuff for LoA?

It was virtually simultaneously. Anyone who's freaking out, or saying things like "we've been forgotten", should stop until at least after GHB2018.

7 hours ago, Roark said:

It was virtually simultaneously. Anyone who's freaking out, or saying things like "we've been forgotten", should stop until at least after GHB2018.

nah.  we'll get points updates and maybe a sheet of something if they feel like throwing us a bigger bone - they're not daft enough to give nothing as they know that legion sells to the faithful.  They're way to overstretched and so its not likely we'll see anything new or wishlisty like some new piece of literature for instance.

The best I'm hoping for is a new compendium update with some reasonably clever and considered writing so it doesn't out and out cripple or contradict something which is plain obvious.

@tamthethird ? Your colour scheme is pretty much identical to (but better painted than) my own attempt at a CD army ~20 years ago, which was itself heavily influenced by a reader army in a very old WD article - love it! ?

I'll see if I can dig a few of them up and snap a pic or two.

Love it!

I know the exact White Dwarf article you're talking about, because my army is based off the same one! ?It was an early/mid nineties WD from what I can remember and it was inspired by the typical Slayers orange beards.

So yeah - that gives you an idea of how long I've had this one on the back burner! I started off that collection and with the idea to paint it in this scheme at around about the same time. Only now actually getting round to following through on it.

Just goes to show what a cool reader's army that was - someones still copying it 20 years later! Would love to see some pics defo.

I was looking at the endless spells and it seems like the prismatic palisade and shackles will be useful to control or slow enemy movement to get more shots in. They are easy to dispel but at least that takes up a spell attempt and will be infuriating against armies without wizards. I am also glad that the prismatic palisade won't affect our artillery other than the magma cannon.

2 hours ago, Trayanee said:

Just to be sure, the roll for shooting ability of Magma Cannon is not affected by "Look out Sir" as it is not specified in the weapon table hit column, right?

Correct.  There is no "hit roll."  It is a missile weapon in the shooting phase, so you can't retreat and shoot, or shoot outside of close combat

asking for advice, im wanting to polish my army off at 2k, what else should i add to this army?

thanks

Leaders
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (100)

War Machines
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Total: 1640 / 2000

20 minutes ago, Gill said:

asking for advice, im wanting to polish my army off at 2k, what else should i add to this army?

thanks

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline

War Machines

Irondeamon and magma cannons.

1 hour ago, Gill said:

thanks

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline

War Machines

In my opinion?

1. No need for 2 Castellans/Daemonsmiths.  Drop one, imo.
2. If going infantry-heavy, max out your 2nd Ironsworn unit.
3. Grab Magma Cannon(s)
4. Grab an Iron Daemon.  You need more shooting support.

It's fine to go without Bull Centaurs, but you should have a source of Mortal Wounds, or at the very least, reliable -2 rend.

Archived