Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overread

Black Library and the Age of Sigmar complete listings and collections

@robinlvalentine

I'm actually reading Sacrocanct and other Stories, so I should come to read "The Old Ways" soon (there are about 50 pages between me and the start of The Old Ways).

When reading the description of The Old Ways, there could be another possibility.

THE STORY
Agents Callis and Toll of the Order of Azyr venture into the vast marshlands east of the grand city of Excelis to investigate the death of the noble son of one of two warring clans. Was his death a tragic accident or vicious murder? A full-scale uprising could result if they're not careful – and this would cause untold death as the Stormcast Eternals get involved. So it falls to Callis and Toll to uncover the truths and save thousands of lives.

Written by Nick Horth

I will not spoiler to much about "the Silvershard" only saying that the End of the Book has a timeskip of 4 months for the last chapter.

It could also be possible that "The old ways" could also take place in that 4 month timeskip. The point is that the next grand story shouldn't take place in Excelis or even the same realm.

19 hours ago, Overread said:

Eg Sacrosanct and Gods and Mortals both share 3 of the same short stories and they are published quite close together. 

Yeah, I know that they printed some of the stories multiple times.

I didn’t see anything about “Scourge of Fate” by Robbie MacNiven. Has anyone read it, and what’s your opinion on it? Also does anyone of know if it’s in softcover?

Edited by Mykah

On 1/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, Mykah said:

I didn’t see anything about “Scourge of Fate” by Robbie MacNiven. Has anyone read it, and what’s your opinion on it? Also does anyone of know if it’s in softcover?

At the moment this story seems to be ebook only.  In GWs Webshop there are announcements until the end of april, and a printed value of the book isn't part of it.

I only have seen a german release date for this book called "Geissel des Schicksals". And it is announced for August 1, 2019 (but after this is a Thursday I think it would be either July 27 or August 03, 2019.

Edited by EMMachine

@EMMachine so Black Library got back to me and said City Of Secrets isn't contained in The Silver Shard... so maybe that was only a thing for the German edition? 

7 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

@EMMachine so Black Library got back to me and said City Of Secrets isn't contained in The Silver Shard... so maybe that was only a thing for the German edition?  

Hm, it is a possibility. I just looked at amazons description of the german and the english  version. The english version has about 400 pages and the german one 525. 

In the end City of Sectrets was way to expensive for an 160 page story because it was released in a time where the books where more expensive + hard cover. In the end, if City of Secrets would have been released now, it would have been a book like in the novella Series.

And now I have to fix my list 🤔 (I actually hadn't thought that content could differ in case of the same book).

Okay, I just finished reading The old ways and ask about the timeline on twitter getting an answer from Nick Horth himself.

The timeline at the moment for Callis & Toll is.

The City of Secrets

The old ways (optional)

The Silver Shard

Heart of Winter  (Sidestory sequel)

• Like 2

I just read my first Black Library book (Soul Wars) and am grateful for this thread. Does anyone know if any of the stories take place in the realm of Hysh? Thanks!