Which faction needs the most TLC?

Enoby

22 hours ago, JontyGoesGaming said:

Id love to see an equivalent to Imperial Knights.

For me, I like that Gitmob were always the "technologically advanced" grots and since aeons have passed in the transition to AoS and they pretty much all need new sculpts, I'd love to see these grots advance from medieval tech to more steampunk steam-powered (or even snotling powered) grots.

Basically, in a style fairly reminiscent of the ork vehicles from 40k, but with a more fantasy aesthetic and all grots, all the time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, I think that some of the earlier factions with Battletomes (Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, etc) are definitely gonna get "Wave 2" style releases with new Endless Spell rules, as well as maybe a new unit or two. In terms of complete wish listing and speculation, I'd really like to see what an expanded faction of Wanderers would be like.

One faction that could really use some love is Everchosen - for a faction that looks so cool, it would be nice to be able to use them like Slaves to Darkness. I'd 100% be for Everchosen being merged into STD and the varaguard getting permenent marks. At the moment they feel like half a faction, and I don't think I've ever seen someone use varanguard in real life which is a massive shame because they look so cool - I reckon this could be fixed if any chaos god faction could take them under their mark without the 660 point tax of Archaon. I know I certainly would. 

Maybe the Darkoath battletome (if and when it comes out) will fix this. 

11 hours ago, Enoby said:

One faction that could really use some love is Everchosen - for a faction that looks so cool, it would be nice to be able to use them like Slaves to Darkness. I'd 100% be for Everchosen being merged into STD and the varaguard getting permenent marks. At the moment they feel like half a faction, and I don't think I've ever seen someone use varanguard in real life which is a massive shame because they look so cool - I reckon this could be fixed if any chaos god faction could take them under their mark without the 660 point tax of Archaon. I know I certainly would. 

Maybe the Darkoath battletome (if and when it comes out) will fix this. 

I actually have some varanguard painted. But you're right I've only ever use them once or twice because I don't own Archaon. If he had an on foot champion and could basically be like legions of Nagash, be a big tent faction of other lesser factions that would work I think. I think Everchosen has the same problems original stormcast and KO have, they were developed while AoS was still finding its feet and effectively a very different game system from what we have now. 

What i would love to see is a spell lore for each Grand Allience. That would make some armies viable and also promote a bit more diversity in what people can actually field.

Endless spells have been a great addition to the game as it has narrowed the gap between armies with battletomes and those without. Adding additional spell lores would do the same thing.

The biggest bennifit that the newer tomes have is just the sheer amount of free stuff they have to work with.

As for factions I would realy like there to be a battletomes released for the units that where lumped together in the new Rulebook (all things without a tome). Order has "free people" Destruction has "the savage tribes".

I think that would bring most things into line, then work on factions with a tome/new armies.

Oh, I want in on this! :D

For Order, do something about the KO.  And help out some of the legacy factions like the aelves and dispossessed.  For the later, some new characters, a new anvil and plastic traditional duardin artillery (grudge throwers and bolt throwers) would complete them.  With an allegiance trait, artifacts, different runes for the anvil, there’s a solid army there.  And the fyrslayers.  Take what the GHB gave them and expand on it.

For Destruction, everyone.  Everyone needs help!  I’m hoping that the moonclan do get some love, but the Ironjawz need it too.  I do hope that the ‘regular’ grots get some attention, in the form of steampunky stuff.  The Grot bag scuttlers?

If regular orruks got a new boar chariot matching the boar boyz closer, new shamans and new artillery, with a proper allgence trait and artifacts, I think they’d be ok.  I know the game is going in a new direction but there could be room for a ‘bench mark’ faction that the others are compared too. 

Chaos:  Skaven.  All of them.  They all need love.  I sincerely think that with a bit of thought, all the clans could get their own battle tome.  But maybe it’s best to have a LoN style super tome.

Archived