So..what factions are hot now?

Thostos

From what I've seen Skaven, farstriders, reavers, and orruks are doing pretty well. This is coming from someone who reads blogs and watches YouTube videos. It seems that the Fiends aren't as "broken" as everyone claimed they were when they first came out. They are good no doubt, but of all the grand clashes and big tournaments, they don't perform as if they're "broken". I think it really depends on your meta. If you see them dominating around where you play, then they may "seem" broken, but overall I think there are better warbands out there like Skaven or farstriders.

21 hours ago, Thostos said:

Starting to wonder as from what im seeing,Magore`s is all but broken and seems to easiy win against any of the other factions in 2v2.

When you say "2v2," are you referring to four-player games? Because if so, I wouldn't put any stock in those games.

38 minutes ago, Tutenkharnage said:

When you say "2v2," are you referring to four-player games? Because if so, I wouldn't put any stock in those games.

Sorry ,meant 1 on 1

Yeah group games are fun and all,but yeah not a good gauge for decks,heh

20 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

From what I've seen Skaven, farstriders, reavers, and orruks are doing pretty well. This is coming from someone who reads blogs and watches YouTube videos. It seems that the Fiends aren't as "broken" as everyone claimed they were when they first came out. They are good no doubt, but of all the grand clashes and big tournaments, they don't perform as if they're "broken". I think it really depends on your meta. If you see them dominating around where you play, then they may "seem" broken, but overall I think there are better warbands out there like Skaven or farstriders.

I think the main thing about Malgore`s is they play into the basic strategy of the game right now,,that being run forward,smash faces,get glory  and they do it better than any other team.

21 hours ago, Anthony225 said:

Really?!  could you maybe send me the links of those websites?

because I literally know almost no YouTube videos (with the exception of the battle reports from miniwargaming) or too many people who play mixed skaven, next to me and some guys from the verminus chat.

On 7/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

because I literally know almost no YouTube videos (with the exception of the battle reports from miniwargaming) or too many people who play mixed skaven, next to me and some guys from the verminus chat.

If you go to the Tournament Decks section of underworldsdb.com, you'll find links to Grand Clash decks. This is a small sample, but the four most recent skaven decks finished 3rd and 5th at the UK Games Expo 2018 Grand Clash, 2nd at the London Grand Tournament on May 19, and 3rd at Warhammer Fest on May 13. Now, for disclaimers, I don't know the size of these tournaments. I don't know the London scene. Heck, for all I know, these decks are the work of only two players! And I've never used or faced off against these decks. But they share a lot of cards in common. Here's a list, with the number of times each card was picked in parentheses.

Objectives:

Advancing Strike (4)
Alone in the Darkness (4)
Change of Tactics (4)
Escalation (4)
Master of War (4)
Ploymaster (4)
Precise Use of Force (4)
Skritch is the Greatest, Yes-yes (4)
Supremacy (4)
Victorious Duel (4)
Superior Tactician (3)
Arm's Length (2)
Denial (1)
Masterstroke (1)
Trapped (1)

Ploys:

Great Concussion (4)
Hidden Paths (4)
Illusory Fighter (4)
Musk of Fear (4)
Quick Thinker (4)
Ready for Action (4)
Sidestep (4)
Time Trap (4)
Trap (4)
Confusion (3)
Twist the Knife (1)

Upgrades:

Acrobatic (4)
Awakened Weapon (4)
Deathly Fortitude (4)
Great Strength (4)
Incredible Strength (4)
Shadeglass Dagger (4)
Shadeglass Hammer (4)
Sneaky Stab-stab (4)
Tethered Spirit (4)
Bodyguard for a Price (3)
A Destiny to Meet (2)
Helpful Whispers (1)

As far as I can tell, the deck emphasizes getting Sneaky Stab-stab on Skritch and letting him go to town on the opponent's warband.

23 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

If you go to the Tournament Decks section of underworldsdb.com, you'll find links to Grand Clash decks. This is a small sample, but the four most recent skaven decks finished 3rd and 5th at the UK Games Expo 2018 Grand Clash, 2nd at the London Grand Tournament on May 19, and 3rd at Warhammer Fest on May 13. Now, for disclaimers, I don't know the size of these tournaments. I don't know the London scene. Heck, for all I know, these decks are the work of only two players! And I've never used or faced off against these decks. But they share a lot of cards in common. Here's a list, with the number of times each card was picked in parentheses.

Objectives:

Advancing Strike (4)
Alone in the Darkness (4)
Change of Tactics (4)
Escalation (4)
Master of War (4)
Ploymaster (4)
Precise Use of Force (4)
Skritch is the Greatest, Yes-yes (4)
Supremacy (4)
Victorious Duel (4)
Superior Tactician (3)
Arm's Length (2)
Denial (1)
Masterstroke (1)
Trapped (1)

Ploys:

Great Concussion (4)
Hidden Paths (4)
Illusory Fighter (4)
Musk of Fear (4)
Quick Thinker (4)
Ready for Action (4)
Sidestep (4)
Time Trap (4)
Trap (4)
Confusion (3)
Twist the Knife (1)

Upgrades:

Acrobatic (4)
Awakened Weapon (4)
Deathly Fortitude (4)
Great Strength (4)
Incredible Strength (4)
Shadeglass Dagger (4)
Shadeglass Hammer (4)
Sneaky Stab-stab (4)
Tethered Spirit (4)
Bodyguard for a Price (3)
A Destiny to Meet (2)
Helpful Whispers (1)

As far as I can tell, the deck emphasizes getting Sneaky Stab-stab on Skritch and letting him go to town on the opponent's warband.

There's a good chance all four of those decks are the same single player...

On 7/8/2018 at 5:11 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrur843VXtIsjifszrYBQRKBjEPrF9Kcf

Here is the Ye Olde Battle Reps Shadespire playlist. We are not competetive players and don't play that often, but there's a few games up on the channel.

Farstriders, skaven and magors stand out as the top 3 for me at the moment.

Guard and ironjawz at the bottom.

I think there is some interesting possibilities for steelhearts/reavers but it's going to be decks exploiting new cards rather than old ones getting stronger.

Don't know enough about the stunties to place them but I suspect that the more games they are forced to play the more they will end up middle of the pack. There's just to much good stuff which also dumpsters them as a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:33 AM, Anthony225 said:

There's a good chance all four of those decks are the same single player...

3 of those decks are mine ?

I finished 3rd at the Warhammer Fest Grand Clash, 2nd at the London GT Grand Clash and 5th at the UK Games Expo Grand Clash. All with my Skaven.

My blog (https://canyourollacrit.com/) covers my Skaven progress via tournament round-ups. I'll do a warband deconstruction on them when I win a Grand Clash haha.

I think it depends on meta. Templar101 has had great success with Skaven in the UK. Steelheart and Farstriders are strong. Magore's and Ironjawz seem like they do well but can have bad match ups with defensive Steelhearts and Farstriders.

Reavers and Skellies from what I've seen are the weakest warbands overall (he says, after getting whupped by skellies this week...)

What is obvious is that better players are consistently winning and are not all playing the same warband and deck, which can only be good for the game.

Archived