New Forgeworld Points are Out!

Enoby

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

After comparing the rogue idol and troggoth hag changes directly compared to the old ones I'm really not fond of the changes. Troggoth hag only got nerfs and went up 20 pts to 380 and the rogue idol got some changes that bring more consistency ( no more 2d6 move and attacks) but besides that only nerfs for the same point cost -.-

His changes look like a net positive to me. 

All of his random stats are now for the most part slightly higher than what your average roll would be - and the initial stat line is equivalent to very high rolls. 

Rubble and Ruin now triggers in the combat phase - meaning you are less likely to crush some of your own guys as you run to the enemy.  Avalance has remained the same.

Da Big 'Un now no longer auto-reduces mortal wounds, but instead he gained a 4+ save against all mortal wounds.  This should end up being slightly better on average since it no longer has the rounds up clause.

Spirit of the Waaagh no longer allows him to reroll all misses for his fists, but instead it lets him reroll 1s for all attacks he makes.  Previously it only worked on his 2 fist attacks and now it works on all of his attacks.  His boulder fists hit on a flat 3+, so reroll 1s is half as good for that ability as it previous was and now it works on all of his Stompin' Feet attacks.  I think this is at worst a side-grade but honestly seems more like a slight buff to me.  He also can now retreat if you want (Fungus Shaman says Hi).

Livin' Idol bonus to cast range got smaller, but the bonus to bravery bubble got a bit higher.  Also the army is no longer demoralized when he dies - which can be a big deal given that bravery hits most Orc & Goblin armies pretty hard. 

If you were mainly taking this guy just for the +1 to cast buff, then I agree that he is not as good as before.  But if you were taking him as a big stompy monster or for the full package then he looks like he has improved.

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

His changes look like a net positive to me. 

All of his random stats are now for the most part slightly higher than what your average roll would be - and the initial stat line is equivalent to very high rolls. 

Rubble and Ruin now triggers in the combat phase - meaning you are less likely to crush some of your own guys as you run to the enemy.  Avalance has remained the same.

Da Big 'Un now no longer auto-reduces mortal wounds, but instead he gained a 4+ save against all mortal wounds.  This should end up being slightly better on average since it no longer has the rounds up clause.

Spirit of the Waaagh no longer allows him to reroll all misses for his fists, but instead it lets him reroll 1s for all attacks he makes.  Previously it only worked on his 2 fist attacks and now it works on all of his attacks.  His boulder fists hit on a flat 3+, so reroll 1s is half as good for that ability as it previous was and now it works on all of his Stompin' Feet attacks.  I think this is at worst a side-grade but honestly seems more like a slight buff to me.  He also can now retreat if you want (Fungus Shaman says Hi).

Livin' Idol bonus to cast range got smaller, but the bonus to bravery bubble got a bit higher.  Also the army is no longer demoralized when he dies - which can be a big deal given that bravery hits most Orc & Goblin armies pretty hard. 

If you were mainly taking this guy just for the +1 to cast buff, then I agree that he is not as good as before.  But if you were taking him as a big stompy monster or for the full package then he looks like he has improved.

Yes you are right I only saw the negatives as a whole it really looks like a buff

5 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Feel bad for anything over 400 that's not got a faction keyword. Carmine Dragon might as well be 44,000 points as 440 haha

I think some of them may still be a thing in grand alliance armies.  Magma Dragons will still probably be a thing for Destruction.

Also, you could use these as the extra table monsters when playing in Ghur.

Right, the 440 being over 400 for allies doesn't make a lot of difference as I play Previously High elves. My GA Order is all over the place as it is, just got to find some new unconditional battlelines. However it would help me if it was lower, in quite a few ways.  

11 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I really wish the destruction monsters fell under "Monsters of Destruction", like the chaos ones so they could possibly be taken as allies. But the I guess a big chunk of destruction pretty only runs as GA Destruction anyway.

Both Order and Destruction need a monster faction. Death has Beasts of the Grave and Chaos has Monsters of Chaos.

8 hours ago, Karol said:

Isn't BCR the destruction monster faction? I don't think they need another one.

Beastclaw Raiders is a Ogor army with a few monsters.

What we're referring is the Grand Alliance factions that contain hodgepodge of wild monsters without any specific race associated with it, which is Beasts of the Grave for Death and Monsters of Chaos for Chaos.

Something like the Menagerie for Order and Feral Destroyers for Destruction.

1 hour ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I don’t like being negative but I’d advise against buying forgeworld stuff...

In the past 8-9 months I’ve spent close to 500 quid on 12 toads and a eguo (including 5 delivery charges), to see them made literally unusable. 

In future I’ll stick to normal gw stuff. 

For me FW is way to expensive to buy it just for gaming. I only buy sth, if I love the model, then it is a bonus to use it for gaming. 

————————

What happened to the  Battlefieldrole of all the exalted ones? Just Behemoth, no leader?

57 minutes ago, Johann said:

What happened to the  Battlefieldrole of all the exalted ones? Just Behemoth, no leader?

I think it's a mistake - it makes very little sense, otherwise. I'm pretty sure they can still be the general (as they're heroes) but they don't take a leader slot up.

4 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I don’t like being negative but I’d advise against buying forgeworld stuff...

In the past 8-9 months I’ve spent close to 500 quid on 12 toads and a eguo (including 5 delivery charges), to see them made literally unusable. 

In future I’ll stick to normal gw stuff. 

Honnestly, it's good to have one (or really few) FW center piece, especially if it is "cheap" (in a FW relative way) like for example the mourngul. But "investing" on FW for an army is really tricky and I don't advice to do it if you want to play matched play or tournaments.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Honnestly, it's good to have one (or really few) FW center piece, especially if it is "cheap" (in a FW relative way) like for example the mourngul. But "investing" on FW for an army is really tricky and I don't advice to do it if you want to play matched play or tournaments.

Fair enough. Tbh I won’t be buying anything again. 

2 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Tbh I won’t be buying anything again. 

that's a bit extrem: adding a bit of fantasy with a FW miniature is nice on your army, on the battlefield, and for fun. Don't deprive yourself  of  this (guilty) pleasure ;)

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

My bad with "fantasy" (as a faux ami) because I'm not english. I meant more fun or  whims, something unusual...

And I didn't emphasis on expensive miniatures (I said the exact oposite giving the example of the mourngul).

:D fair enough. 

You didn’t you’re correct, but your message was in response to my message which WAS talking about expensive miniatures. 

Anyway, we should leave this here because it’s going round in circles a bit. 

:) 

Archived