Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Recommended Posts

Guys!! I just can not seem to make a good list for 1 cogsmith/cannon/organ combo in my disspossessed lists! Gaaah! Should i just leave it and stick to the Ballista? The 12 units for 3 allies makes it hard...

 

Anyone here who have used this combo..or similar..to good effect? I just painted up my first Ironbreakers and I want to buy the list in one go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, found the proper FAQ  (couldn't from cellphone)

Long Beards, Old Grumblers, Who does this beardling think he is?

Change to:

‘Friendly Dispossessed Heroes within 8" of this unit are treated as if they were your general when working out the range of command abilities.’

While they still are good, the discount is not good enough for me I think as the 8" in combat phase will be a problem of positioning in order to buff our hammerers !

Edited by Seraphage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

Guys is there a final thing about Longbeards’ ability of free Command ? Will it work in anyway - different or not - or it will just be out of play ?

It got address in the faq/errata.  It works as it states, use command ability as if hero were a general, which in the new rules means you can use the generic command abilities with a 12" range rather than just a 6" range.  Obviously you still need to pay a CP to use them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seraphage said:

While they still are good, the discount is not good enough for me I think as the 8" in combat phase will be a problem of positioning in order to buff our hammerers ! 

Yeah, cause the ability state that MODELS within 8" reroll 1s to wound, not unit. That kinda sucks but still, if you menage to pull it off it can be brutal plus the warden king buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Guys!! I just can not seem to make a good list for 1 cogsmith/cannon/organ combo in my disspossessed lists! Gaaah! Should i just leave it and stick to the Ballista? The 12 units for 3 allies makes it hard...

 

Anyone here who have used this combo..or similar..to good effect? I just painted up my first Ironbreakers and I want to buy the list in one go...

Warden King 120

Runelord 100

Runelord 100

Runelord 100

Cogsmith 100

X4 10 Ironbreakers 140

20 Irondrakes 360

10 Irondrakes 180

10 Longbeards 100

 

Cannon 160

Organ Gun 120

 

Overall you just lose 10 Irondrakes. Also as you could run the Ironbreakers in 2 units of 20 and still have 12, but I split them up into r units of 10 to be able to cover more areas and objectives.

Edited by Ragnar Alpaca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Warden King 120

Runelord 100

Runelord 100

Runelord 100

Cogsmith 100

X4 10 Ironbreakers 140

20 Irondrakes 360

10 Irondrakes 180

10 Longbeards 100

 

Cannon 160

Organ Gun 120

 

Overall you just lose 10 Irondrakes. Also as you could run the Ironbreakers in 2 units of 20 and still have 12, but I split them up into r units of 10 to be able to cover more areas and objectives.

Ok...do the breakers work well as only 10-man cross the board? 

 

Thanks 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of my better lists...any recommend tweaks? 

 

Allegiance: Order
Warden King (120)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Gunmaster (80)

20 x Warriors (160)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
20 x Irondrakes (360)
30 x Hammerers (420)


Cannon (160)
Organ Gun (120)


Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 360 / 400
Wounds: 123
 

Ironbreakers screen the drakes. Warriors screen the Hammerers . Shooting in the back 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

This is one of my better lists...any recommend tweaks? 

 

Allegiance: Order
Warden King (120)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Gunmaster (80)

20 x Warriors (160)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
20 x Irondrakes (360)
30 x Hammerers (420)


Cannon (160)
Organ Gun (120)


Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 360 / 400
Wounds: 123
 

Ironbreakers screen the drakes. Warriors screen the Hammerers . Shooting in the back 

The looks like a pretty strong list, one I would’ve made to look almost exactly, but I tired to keep the units you had in the previous one. I think that may look like what my list will be as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One change i have in mind is to remove a Runelord.  As two is enough to buff my drakes and Hammers...and then put in 10 Longbeards for the buff. Better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of the turn1 command point, i would keep my list at 1950. For few reasons...

Turn1 charge armies are popular, nurgle, all destruction, idoneth, stormcast dracoth, legion of blood, chaos alpha knights etc etc. With the Cogs endless even more easy.

I think that in an event you should be ready to face at least one turn1 charge army. Sometimes you cannot avoid the 9" deepstrike rerollable charge with a smart deploy and an Inspiring Presence could change you the game.

Aaaand mobility is the king in turn1-2, having a couple of commands point in the bank to reroll a vital charge, run some chaps to claim an objective could, again, change the battle. 

I've played both with 2000/2000 and 1940/2000 and having the extracommand is very handy!🤑

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I'm a big fan of the turn1 command point, i would keep my list at 1950. For few reasons...

Turn1 charge armies are popular, nurgle, all destruction, idoneth, stormcast dracoth, legion of blood, chaos alpha knights etc etc. With the Cogs endless even more easy.

I think that in an event you should be ready to face at least one turn1 charge army. Sometimes you cannot avoid the 9" deepstrike rerollable charge with a smart deploy and an Inspiring Presence could change you the game.

Aaaand mobility is the king in turn1-2, having a couple of commands point in the bank to reroll a vital charge, run some chaps to claim an objective could, again, change the battle. 

I've played both with 2000/2000 and 1940/2000 and having the extracommand is very handy!🤑

Cool, can you show me the list/s you use? Either here or in private message! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DispoTank.pdf

DispoMagic.pdf

Does this link shenanigan work?

By the way i want to test those two lists, now, but i keep fixing them and changing some bit, units etc  Keep in mind that i put in first place my units preference and the models i like, not tournaments.

Edit* The comet in the one with Knight Incantor is a placeholder for some endless spell.

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody think of adding in some Evocators on Dracolines? Could even model them as, say, Fyreslayers on smaller magmadroths (maybe replace the dracoline head with a dracoth head and model them all magma-y) to keep the dwarf theme. Or just use the models as-is. They would add a decent hammer unit, plus an additional dispel/unbind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not ha en the rules and everything yet. In  a 1000p game. Do you still need 3 BL? Or is 2 enough? Aint that how it used to be? 

 

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I do not ha en the rules and everything yet. In  a 1000p game. Do you still need 3 BL? Or is 2 enough? Aint that how it used to be? 

 

Thanks! 

Yeah 2+ battle line for 1000pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Deepkin said:

Anybody think of adding in some Evocators on Dracolines? Could even model them as, say, Fyreslayers on smaller magmadroths (maybe replace the dracoline head with a dracoth head and model them all magma-y) to keep the dwarf theme. Or just use the models as-is. They would add a decent hammer unit, plus an additional dispel/unbind. 

Oh man, now I want to buy 1-2 more war bears with dwarf on top from Scibor miniatures and proxy them as Evocators on dracolines or dracoths. Dwarven cavalry here we go! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wish listing a dispossessed army this morning an noticed that the warriors had been reboxed with round bases. How long has that been a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I was wish listing a dispossessed army this morning an noticed that the warriors had been reboxed with round bases. How long has that been a thing?

It’s been a thing for about 4ish months I think, they’re very slowly going through and changing every box to have rounds, as they run out of stock from fantasy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As im building  my army and don't got access you the new books and rules yet. What exactly changed to make the dispossessed a better army? How much better do you think they became? 

 

Cheers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, Ohnoflash said:

Oh man, now I want to buy 1-2 more war bears with dwarf on top from Scibor miniatures and proxy them as Evocators on dracolines or dracoths. Dwarven cavalry here we go! ^^

Does the Scibor 28mm size well with our duardin?

7 hours ago, Kimbo said:

As im building  my army and don't got access you the new books and rules yet. What exactly changed to make the dispossessed a better army? How much better do you think they became? 

 

Cheers! 

Points drop+ max regiment really helped our list building. Command points added mobility options and flexibility that was really a mess, in our 1.0. Runelord is one of the best antimagic unit for 100 points, the 30" dispel and the importance of magic in 2.0 made him a champ! Irondrakes were always high damage but the short range and immovability really let them down...now they are nightmares for the enemy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

Does the Scibor 28mm size well with our duardin?

 

They look a bit chunkier, but can easily explain "these are big and strong dwarfs!"😁

fEv039f.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, amysrevenge said:

I'm going to focus on repainting my beloved metal Hammerers and Ironbreakers.  So pleased about the expanded "Battleline If" lineup.

Ooooh actually purchased my paint stripping solvent (I use brake fluid for metal models) so it's looking closer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys where can I find the FAQ that someone said exists about taking 2banners? *questioned for some Chaos dudes ? Searched General Chaos + Order and couldn't find it ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

Guys where can I find the FAQ that someone said exists about taking 2banners? *questioned for some Chaos dudes ? Searched General Chaos + Order and couldn't find it ! 

I'm not sure if they reference it anywhere else, but the Skaven Pestilens FAQ/Designer Commentary has it.

 

 
Quote

 

Q: On the Plague Monks warscroll, the option is given for
models to be Icon Bearers with standards, or Plague Harbingers
with instruments. The warscroll states that any model in the
unit can be an Icon Bearer or a Plague Harbinger. Does that
mean I can equip my unit of Plague Monks with both options
from both categories?
A: Yes, you may take multiple standards and instruments
in a unit if the warscroll allows it.

 

 
 
Do note that that I think Matched Play/Tournament settings usually may have their own limitations. For example I have seen some people cite "only one set of musician/banner" per unit increment (so 10, 20, 30 for multiples of 10) to prevent a unit made up of 15 banners and 14 musicians and 1 champion.
Edited by kenshin620
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×