AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

I’d combine the two Blood Sister units into one unit of 10. Having 2x5 tends to mean that one or both gets made irrelevant because it loses too much punch. One big unit is also a better target for spells and prayers. Also, if you’re set on using the Medusa as a General, I’m not sure the Slaughter Queen on Cauldron beats the Hag in the same spot. You’re pretty low on witchbrew. 

If you want to keep the SQ, I’d drop one of the Khinerai for another Hag, split up your 30-double-knife unit to fit the battleline requirement (20-10) and use the remaining 60 points for another Hag Queen, and make the Slaughter Queen your General for the sweet Command ability.

Edited by Selpharia

Hi guys. Thinking about making a "small" DOK army, around 1-1,5. Might go to 2k at some point but not for start. 

Wanted to hear the vets here on how effective you think a pure melusai list bould up around a temples nest and khailebron (maybe a unit or two of heartrenders for harrasing) would be?

Don't need to be super competitive, but I don't wanna loose every game as I do with my ironjawz 😂 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Thenord said:

Hi guys. Thinking about making a "small" DOK army, around 1-1,5. Might go to 2k at some point but not for start. 

Wanted to hear the vets here on how effective you think a pure melusai list bould up around a temples nest and khailebron (maybe a unit or two of heartrenders for harrasing) would be?

Don't need to be super competitive, but I don't wanna loose every game as I do with my ironjawz 😂 

Cheers!

All snake lists are super fun to use. If you're  running Khaelibron you're  better off using smaller units of snakes for teleport shenanigans, where huge blobs compliment other temples like Hagg Nar. I've had good success running 3×10 Blood Sisters and 2×5 Blood Stalkers, a Bloodwrack shrine, and then whatever else you want to fill up your points. Khaelibron is great for objective games to let you get troops right where you need them.

2 hours ago, Thenord said:

Thanks for the response! 

That sounds awesome. 

Could I ask you what you do with items/Temple and do you use the Temple nest batallion?

Recently I've been using the Temple Nest as our army can get drop heavy very quickly without a battalion. Having the enemy inflict  mortal wounds on themselves is hilarious, but would be better if you didn't  have to take the 320pt tax for two units of five Blood Stalkers. They're  ok, but not amazing.  They are great at taking and holding  back field o objectives while the rest of your army chops up the enemy. Currently I use two 20 snake units of Blood Sisters, 20-30 Witches depending on points, Bloodwrack Shrine, and 2-3 Hag Queens, again depending  on points. As for my Bloodwrack I tend to switch up her artifact depending  on who I am facing, but my 2nd artifact is usually the Iron Circlet for one of the Hags, the one that has Blessing of Khaine. Because I usually run Hagg Nar I have one unit of 20 Blood Sisters get buffed up and be a distraction while the other units go do their stuff. Has been pretty effective  this far.

That sounds really good and like a cool, thematic list.  How invaluable is the Hags to your succes? 

Sorry for all the questions 🙂

Hags and Witchbrew are essential. Of course our prayers are important, but Witchbrew is very powerful and helps keep your units from crumbling too quickly.

Anybody use the doonfire warlocks? I really like the models and they seem to mix up what you can field a lot. Or do they just not do enough despite all their different abilities to justify relative to more witches or snakes? Do they at least work in a semicompetitive environment?

1 hour ago, Frowny said:

Anybody use the doonfire warlocks? I really like the models and they seem to mix up what you can field a lot. Or do they just not do enough despite all their different abilities to justify relative to more witches or snakes? Do they at least work in a semicompetitive environment?

They're a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none for 160pts, a bit of shooting, a spot of magic, relatively weak combat output (for DoK).  I don't dislike them, but they're quite hard to squeeze into a list a lot of the time. 

For pros they are a very mobile wizard, which is handy in some missions, and very fast in general which is, again, handy for objectives.  Strictly speaking they have a 'good' armour save as far as DoK is concerned, I suppose...  If running Khailebron you can run ten and attempt for a cheeky teleporting doombolt assassination mission, but there's enough anti-magic around now that that's more of a gimmick than anything.  They quite like Shroud of Despair to combo with Mindrazor from another more reliable spellcaster, and so long as you have 5 models Doombolt isn't a bad prospect.  I don't think there's any harm throwing a unit of five into a list and seeing how you like them, as you note they are quite flexible.

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, i never played against daughter of khaine and have a game today. One quick question:

do they have allot of mortal wound output? 

Not  in bulk, no.   DoK have a couple of damage spells, the Bloodwrack Medusa has a mortal wound shooting attack which is quite effective versus horde units, Blood Sisters have a smattering of mortal  wound attacks in the combat phase, and the bladed shields on various units can bounce mortal wounds back on their attackers, that's about it.

23 hours ago, DJMoose said:

Hags and Witchbrew are essential. Of course our prayers are important, but Witchbrew is very powerful and helps keep your units from crumbling too quickly.

Awesome, thanks again. 

Just bought the units for my 1000 point list. How does this look:

Khailebron

Medusa, general, mindrazor

Slaughter queen, iron circlet, catechism of Murder 

10 Blood sisters

5 blood sisters 

5 blood stalkers 

5 blood stalkers 

980 points.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thenord said:

Awesome, thanks again. 

Just bought the units for my 1000 point list. How does this look:

Khailebron

Medusa, general, mindrazor

Slaughter queen, iron circlet, catechism of Murder 

10 Blood sisters

5 blood sisters 

5 blood stalkers 

5 blood stalkers 

980 points.

I say switch out the Slaughter Queen for two Hags with Witchbrew and that should bring you right to 1000pts.  That is a good start though.

Solved

Is it possible to assemble Morathi Shadow Queen without attaching her to the column, for easy painting that is. Or will it be impossible to put her around it later? 

Never mind, I just glued it separately and it works. 

Edited by Xil
Solved

17 hours ago, Xil said:

Solved

Is it possible to assemble Morathi Shadow Queen without attaching her to the column, for easy painting that is. Or will it be impossible to put her around it later? 

Never mind, I just glued it separately and it works. 

Does NOT work with the cloth on... Don't do it

I got her on in fear of breaking her, luckily nothing happened. Now I just need to figure out how to paint the scales on the inside to the column... 

Edited by Xil

Hi guys. Wanted to start 1000pts of daughters of Khaine.

My current list after one day of reading The warscrolls because I don't have The tome yet.

Hag Queen on Cauldron

Hag Queen

Medusa

20 Witch Aelves

5 Blood Sisters

5 Heartrenders

5 Heartrenders

1000/1000

What is your opinion on this list, what would you change and which temple would you suggest?

Best regards 

Henry

9 hours ago, Xil said:

Does NOT work with the cloth on... Don't do it

I got her on in fear of breaking her, luckily nothing happened. Now I just need to figure out how to paint the scales on the inside to the column... 

Have you tried watching the Warhammer tv tutorial on YouTube?

Have you tried watching the Warhammer tv tutorial on YouTube?

Yes I did. It's a good guide. Foolish as I am I glued both wings tho, I want to use her already. Will be a pain but not impossible 

2 hours ago, Xil said:

Yes I did. It's a good guide. Foolish as I am I glued both wings tho, I want to use her already. Will be a pain but not impossible 

Yeah, that's the problem with the big center piece models. Tho I think shes not the worst thing to have fully assembled before painting. 

Try a fully build stardrake glued to it's base, Christ I hated my self during that painting 😂

• Haha 1

I have an upcoming casual event at my FLGS and is thinking of running a more unusual and friendlier Daughters of Khaine list. This is not a tournament so I will not be expecting the usual top Tier 1 FEC, Skaven or LoN army builds.

What do you think of the following list?

The main strategy around this is to successfully charge 1 unit every turn that hits very hard.

image.png.020019cfb8f67886c1c8972f46d9deba.png

@InSaint

How about this instead? Amplifies the hit hard aspect with 2 Damage from mind razor against pretty much all enemies. 

Excuse the fond, cannot figure out how to change it on phone. 

You need to add Draichi Ganeth required Blade of Ending to the Hag, it's missing in my app

Debuff Daughters (Age of Sigmar) [1250pts]

• **Pitched Battle**  (Order - Daughters of Khaine) [1250pts]

• Leader

• Bloodwrack Medusa [140pts]

Selections: 5. Mindrazor

• Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood [330pts]

Selections: 1. Catechism of Murder, 2. Zealous Orator, 5. Crown of Flames, General

• Battleline

• Sisters of Slaughter [240pts]

Selections: 2x 10 Sisters of Slaughter, Bladed Bucklers, Hornblower, Standard Bearer

• Battalion

• Cauldron Guard [540pts]

• Hag Queen

Selections: 3. Martyr's Sacrifice

• Khinerai Lifetakers

Selections: 5 Khinerai Lifetakers

• Khinerai Lifetakers

• Witch Aelves

Selections: 10 Witch Aelves, Bladed Bucklers, Hornblower, Standard Bearer

• Witch Aelves

Selections: 10 Witch Aelves, Hornblower, Paired Sacrificial Knives, Standard Bearer

• Allegiance

• Allegiance

• Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Selections: Draichi Ganeth

• Realm of Origin

• Realm of Origin

Selections: Origin: Aqshy

Edited by Xil

14 minutes ago, Xil said:

@InSaint

How about this instead? Amplifies the hit hard aspect with 2 Damage from mind razor against pretty much all enemies. 

Excuse the fond, cannot figure out how to change it on phone. 

You need to add Draichi Ganeth required Blade of Ending to the Hag, it's missing in my app

Debuff Daughters (Age of Sigmar) [1250pts]

• **Pitched Battle**  (Order - Daughters of Khaine) [1250pts]

• Leader

• Bloodwrack Medusa [140pts]

Selections: 5. Mindrazor

• Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood [330pts]

Selections: 1. Catechism of Murder, 2. Zealous Orator, 5. Crown of Flames, General

• Battleline

• Sisters of Slaughter [240pts]

Selections: 2x 10 Sisters of Slaughter, Bladed Bucklers, Hornblower, Standard Bearer

• Battalion

• Cauldron Guard [540pts]

• Hag Queen

Selections: 3. Martyr's Sacrifice

• Khinerai Lifetakers

• Khinerai Lifetakers

• Witch Aelves

Selections: 10 Witch Aelves, Bladed Bucklers, Hornblower, Standard Bearer

• Witch Aelves

Selections: 10 Witch Aelves, Hornblower, Paired Sacrificial Knives, Standard Bearer

• Allegiance

• Allegiance

• Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine

Selections: Draichi Ganeth

• Realm of Origin

• Realm of Origin

Selections: Origin: Aqshy

The problem is you aren't even certain to cast mindrazor when you need it.