AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

On 10/27/2018 at 2:31 PM, Honk said:

The courtiers ability is bound to slain models and not to unit strength... so you should be able to fill up to 25 models. You set a new unit size when GP adds models above starting/current unit size. Following turns you can return slain models up to the current limit again.

two scenarios:
A:
So, I start with 20 Ghouls.
Add 5 with Ghoul Patrol. New max is 25.
3 die. Now at 22.
I can bring back max 3 with Courtiers

B:
Start with 20 Ghouls. 
5 die. Now at 15.
Add 5 with Ghoul Patrol.  New max is 20? 25?
Courtiers can bring back 5, since 5 have died? or 0, since we are currently at the most we've ever had?

Seems like either way the rules are not explicit...  but is the general consensus here: 
 The maximum number of models Courtiers can bring the unit to is the highest that unit has been in the game. 

57 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Seems like either way the rules are not explicit... 

Both work. (as long as you track your slain models)

You should use the courtiers ability first.

If you use your ghoul patrol abilitiy last, you're able to refer to the FAQ, wich clearly states ghoul patrol goes over starting stength.

Edited by Fluttershy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Just keep track of "currently dead" models.  Ghoul Patrol does not affect this number - it is comprised of models killed, and models brought back by courtiers.  Starts at zero, goes up when models die, goes down (to minimum of zero) as models are brought back by courtiers.

This makes sense. Thanks!

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

two scenarios:

Both right...

Scenario C :

20 ghouls 7 die (13),

adding 6 through patrol (19),

returning 6 through courtier...

only go up to 20, since max unit size is still 20

scenario D :

20-7=13

returning 6 wit courtier (19)

adding 6 with patrol (25)

new unit size 25...

8 hours ago, CanHammer-darren said:

Arkhan brings spells, unbind, another wizard and against nagash brings hand of dust as a counter. Personally I need to see this list in action against daughters and deepkin because I don’t see how all monsters is good. But apparently it is

Well in that case why wouldn't you just put a fourth ghoul King on TG or ZD as they would help add to the board. And you would still have enough for a cogs or another endless spell

9 minutes ago, Heroflegend21 said:

But the only counter Arkhan brings is maybe curse of years if you get lucky and it ticks all way down to one. When instead you could add another gk on tg/ zd or courtiers. And you can add even more models. 

No, Arkhan knows the spells of any Death Wizard (friendly or enemy ) within 18" , so he knows Hand of Dust and whatever else Nagash knows as long as he is in range. 

8 minutes ago, Heroflegend21 said:

When instead you could add another gk on tg/ zd or courtiers.

Not quite, I like Arkhan, because he is dirt cheap. 320 points is nothing for what he brings. Especially magic supremacy... 

since nagsh also knows all spells of all death wizzards on the field, they can both HoD CoY each other... the only edge might be the CA +6“ range but I wouldn’t bet on that. 

For the point costs he is a cheap counter for Big N

On 10/20/2018 at 9:38 PM, Diablo said:

This is an armylist of a player who makes the first place in a local tournament,  his tactic was that he buff his terrorgheist and killed everything whit it.

he's 10 points over the limit .. so he is fielding an illegal army??

8 hours ago, Kasabar said:

Could I get some help?

Gotta do the dice rolling yourself ?

The list looks decent and if it works for you... 

Some thoughts from me:

not sure about the harbringers, although they are fast and bring some rend, they lack synergies with the rest of your army.

also not sure about the number of courtiers. The varghulf cannot heal the summoned flayer/horrors and the ghouls sufficiently.

sooo, personally I‘d throw out the morghast, bring the ghouls up to 3x20 or 40/10/10 (depending on your opponent/scenario) and switch one GkoTg to a dragon... 2k

Why would I say such stupid thing?!

the ghouls survive longer

the summoned units get hero support and can enter the bloodbath 

Hey guys I haven’t seen this question asked yet and yal will probably be able to tell me.

The terrorghiest bite attack was changed half way through aos 1 to proc on the hit roll. It can still be found on the base terrorghiest warscroll on the app.

However the flesh eater courts named terrorghiests have been reverted to the old 6s to wound.

Is this a mistake? The old faq is gone and I feel like this must have been an oversight when they cleaned up the app.

Cheers tubs

4 hours ago, Tubs said:

Hey guys I haven’t seen this question asked yet and yal will probably be able to tell me.

The terrorghiest bite attack was changed half way through aos 1 to proc on the hit roll. It can still be found on the base terrorghiest warscroll on the app.

However the flesh eater courts named terrorghiests have been reverted to the old 6s to wound.

Is this a mistake? The old faq is gone and I feel like this must have been an oversight when they cleaned up the app.

Cheers tubs

There is no mistake, terrorgheist and zombie dragon of FEC are indeed different to those in LoN book, you can check it for yourself in FEC FAQ

7 hours ago, Click5 said:

What does a FEC "monster mash" list look like?

Lots of kings on terrorgheist or zombiedragon... kinda like this:

On 10/30/2018 at 12:35 AM, Kasabar said:

So this is my First Army list, Could I get some help?

AGK on Terror       Majestic Horror, Crusading Army, The Grim Garland

AGK on Terror

AGK on Terror

Varghulf

20 ghouls

2* 10 man ghouls

Morghast Harbingers

1980 points

• Like 1