AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Maybe the new book will change this, but I've always found it a good idea to alpha strike a big hero or two; kills key units straight away, wrack up depravity points, and create two huge distraction carnifexes.  We only need rerolling failed hits once to be devistating; think about it, get your rerolls, rush in and wreck stuff, and your rerolls last until *your* next hero phase so if you get charged by your opponent then you're still an offensive powerhouse with an always strike last aura. 

Infernal enrapturess for suppressive fire on specific models as well. They can use the reroll to hit for shooting as well. 

3 hours ago, firebat said:

Because in any movement based army it's not about numbers on a page being big, it's about leveraging your movement to get the outcome you want at the right time. Sure in theory it gives a big model that does lots of damage even more damage but that damage is pointless if it's overkill and pointless if you're telegraphing to your opponent exactly where your attack is going to come from and since it has a short range of 6" and the terrain pieces are placed before deployment you might as well attach a big neon sign to it saying "THERE'S GOING TO BE A BIG ATTACK COMING FROM HERE". It will work beautifully against anyone who just deploys all their army right at the front and never measures how far your units can move and will prove to be largely ineffective against anyone that knows how to play well. Seriously, just wait for turn 2? and then what? wait for turn 3? wait for turn 4? If you're sitting around for even a turn you're not using the greatest advantage of the army. I've been playing it over the course of 4 editions of the game now and in general the first turn is used to re position the army and act like a 2nd deployment phase (depending on how much shooting my opponent has). Not run at the enemy like i'm some Khorne player.

It does depend where you can place it obviously. If you can place it somewhere near the middle then clearly it will be better but all the images seem to show it as being at the back and being in the middle would be pretty good so i'd expect it to be placed more like the loonshrine at least 12" away from enemy territory, if not more at the back of the board.

So fair point, I'm assuming that the deployment rules will follow the khorne terrain and be in your zone rather than a specific distance from the enemy zone or the table edge. Could definitely be different, but that would be a little strange.

If we're assuming it follows the others and can be in a zone, then it covers a pretty big area. I'd guess it's about... 6" across? That gives an 18" lateral area to put your big monster in. From there you move another 12-14" and charge after that. You can still cover a huge area of the table if you put it centrally. 

For your point on overkill. One of the biggest bonuses of a reroll is the consistency it gives. If you go into a beefy combat hero and roll a bunch of 2s to hit, well your squishy KoS is dead. Rerolls make sure that if something absolutely needs to die, you have the best possible chance. Beside that, the damage increase lets you tackle things you wouldn't try for normally like a brick of 40 skeletons or something. It opens up possibilities for potential targets that would be suicide otherwise. 

Edited by Grimrock

They give us some clue, though. For example, in 40k the mirror is a Spellcaster (with a 2+ save against mortal wounds!) that enraptures the enemy to prevent them from falling back, while also being quite a bit more capable at dispelling enemy spells and casting its own.

Meanwhile, the duette of Herald and Prince gets the "fight twice" ability natively, basically pretending to be two units in one.

5 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

They give us some clue, though. For example, in 40k the mirror is a Spellcaster (with a 2+ save against mortal wounds!) that enraptures the enemy to prevent them from falling back, while also being quite a bit more capable at dispelling enemy spells and casting its own.

Meanwhile, the duette of Herald and Prince gets the "fight twice" ability natively, basically pretending to be two units in one.

Though it wont cross over perfectly it gets us a direction in how they want the daemons to work. We may see something in the same general direction. Look at the infernal enrapturess the abilities are very similar in both games. They had be written in a way to fit the mechanics in each but The similarities are clear. 

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

Though it wont cross over perfectly it gets us a direction in how they want the daemons to work. We may see something in the same general direction. Look at the infernal enrapturess the abilities are very similar in both games. They had be written in a way to fit the mechanics in each but The similarities are clear. 

Right. So my predictions:
The mirror will be a spellcaster that's quite durable when in a spellcasting duel. Furthermore, it may affect the movement options of enemy units.

The herald and prince duette will probably be like a mount and rider in AOS, a'la two units (or melee profiles) in one.

Right. So my predictions:
The mirror will be a spellcaster that's quite durable when in a spellcasting duel. Furthermore, it may affect the movement options of enemy units.

The herald and prince duette will probably be like a mount and rider in AOS, a'la two units (or melee profiles) in one.

The daemon prince and Herald "Of course, as a combination of Herald and Daemon Prince, they also combine the Locus and Prince of Slaanesh aura abilities for re-rolls of 1s to hit and +1 Strength. Ouch!"

The best I can come with equivalent in aos is that the daemon prince slaanesh has his interupt in combat and the herald allows reroll saves. That wouldnt be to bad. Then again we could see something totally new.

19 minutes ago, Benkei said:

That got me so excited for a second. 

That stuff is kinds junk for 40k. I play demons in 40k and I wouldn't field any of that. I will admit I haven't played 40k in a while, so it could be meta changing, but the fallback thing is not guaranteed and the bravery stuff is usually junk. I'm also not excited about cc monsters in 40k.

2 minutes ago, kahadin said:

That got me so excited for a second. 

That stuff is kinds junk for 40k. I play demons in 40k and I wouldn't field any of that. I will admit I haven't played 40k in a while, so it could be meta changing, but the fallback thing is not guaranteed and the bravery stuff is usually junk. I'm also not excited about cc monsters in 40k.

Look a combat beast lol shoot it. Oh look its dead.

Doing melee in 40k requires the mechanics and skill to pull it off.

Our AoS rules are certainly interesting, especially the epitome. Seems like we may have a really good caster after all.  

I like the changes to the dark temptations ability. 

The average damage of the keeper is only slightly higher than the old keeper (7 compared to 6), but rerolls are now much more important due to the swinging damage of the claws. I really hope the new KoS has the same command ability. 

Screenshot_20190423-174801_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Poryague said:

Shalaxi hellbane special rule

AoSSlaaneshWarscrolls-Apr23-IrresistableChallenge3ujc.jpg

I think this is really good for repositioning. For many, it may well just be a free d3 mortal wounds because getting out of position can be super dangerous. 

Intrestiing that the fascination is a more powerful for of our allegiance ability. The attack profiles that were released with 6s being 2 hits could be powerful. Interesting the kos hit and wound rolls dont degrade.

Edited by Poryague

This is awesome. The keeper looks to be a real terror in combat...

Wish we knew what the shield did!

I bet it has special rules on the warscrolls. Still want to know what it does.  I be t the shield replaces that lousy hand attack. This means tomorrow are endless spells and terrain reveal of it follows the trends of past.

Edited by Poryague

I wonder what the weapon options are for the Keeper of Secrets as well - is the spear only for Helbane? Or do we get to see Keepers armed differently? They do mention that options exist...

what if I want a hoplite Phalanx made of keepers of secrets mmmh?