AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I can see us reaching high tier 1 if we see no major nerfs to our army after this preview. I think fiends, with the new Euphoric Killers ability, may even be better than daemonettes (unless daemonettes replace their lost ability with something ridiculous); just for their speed and more powerful attacks. 

Shame to see a nerf to Seekers, but their depravity point generation is easiest imo. 

2 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I can see us reaching high tier 1 if we see no major nerfs to our army after this preview. I think fiends, with the new Euphoric Killers ability, may even be better than daemonettes (unless daemonettes replace their lost ability with something ridiculous); just for their speed and more powerful attacks. 

Shame to see a nerf to Seekers, but their depravity point generation is easiest imo. 

Your general in godseekers can retreat and charge that thing is going to able to pinball all over the map. Especially if the 6 in pile in is still a thing.

God seekers and invaders depravity mechanic seems easiest to pull off. Pretenders makes the general as usual a beat stick. Also point out how so many abilietes seem to be army wide. This can trun things that can be marked slaanesh into monster.

Edited by Poryague

1 minute ago, Poryague said:

Your general in godseekers can retreat and charge that thing is going to able to pinball all over the map. Especially if the 6 in pile in is still a thing.

We could kind of do that anyway with the 6" pile in as there's nothing that stops you retreating and piling in, but it's nice to see that we likely won't need to take Devotee of Torment as much anymore. 

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

We could kind of do that anyway with the 6" pile in as there's nothing that stops you retreating and piling in, but it's nice to see that we likely won't need to take Devotee of Torment as much anymore. 

With godseekers probably not unless the thing you hit dies and you want to pile in for the second activation. Assuming the second pile in mechanic stays.

Man...so much here to wade through. And everything looks baseline "good." Special mention of the Whip of Subversion which gives the opponent the unenviable choice of breaking up that one unit and the hero they need for support or just handing you like 4 free mortal wounds average (I can't think of many heroes who don't have at least a 4 attack weapon on their profile). Or even better, since both its ability and Locus of Diversion happen at the "end of combat"...and based on that in-depth article they published several weeks ago that means that on your turn you get to choose the order things happen at the "end of combat"...so if they have two heroes next to each other you can Locus one of the heroes (the most dangerous one) and likely have the other hero kill it with mortal wounds before it can attack.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/21/who-fights-first/

"When building your Slaanesh army, you’ll be able to customise them further by picking a Host to which they are dedicated. Each has an additional allegiance ability, a new way to generate depravity points, and its own SELECTION of command traits and artefacts."

So the host are chambers or covens it seems. So it seems 1 thing is missing from each host list. Or its saying the host is what determines the comand trait list and artifact list instead of keywords like mortal and daemon.

7 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Or its saying the host is what determines the comand trait list and artifact list instead of keywords like mortal and daemon.

I believe this is what its saying - obviously its just my guess but I think you'll get access to relics/traits via your host rather than if you're a demon/mortal. 

5 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I believe this is what its saying - obviously its just my guess but I think you'll get access to relics/traits via your host rather than if you're a demon/mortal. 

Re reading its definently looking that way.

"Godseekers artefacts and command traits offer speed and flexibility to the Hero using them. "

Edited by Poryague
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwampHeart said:

I'm interested to see how BoC fit into the new book - looks like its going to be more permissive with its bonuses than some of the other books so maybe I'll be able to let my goats play with the Hedonites as well. 

I think this book looks really good for mixing stuff (with them specifically calling out Chaos Slaanesh) so I'm hoping the  spell lores and artefacts are more available than the other gods.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think this book looks really good for mixing stuff (with them specifically calling out Chaos Slaanesh) so I'm hoping the  spell lores and artefacts are more available than the other gods.

Well, they did say the lores were for daemons, mortals, and greater daemons, so not a lot of luck there unless they made a mistake. 'Mortals' is weird though because that's the StD sorcerers and... Archaon? I think that's it. 

Also the cynic in me thinks that skipping out on mortals for this book is GWs way of clearing out some slaves to darkness stock before the darkoath rework. Giving marauders and chaos warriors access to Euphoric Killers is a great way to sell big blocks of models. Either way, the preview looks solid. Slaanesh didn't need much, so as long as this doesn't come with major cost hikes on the depravity table slaanesh is going to be in a fantastic place and piggybacking some beasts/StD in will at least give some options for list building. 

Edited by Grimrock