Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

7 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I'd be pleased with 10 wounds, a 5+ mortal save, and 1 additional attack to start (but he needs defensive buffs most of all). Playing him as a very expensive assassin just feels wrong, but I think that's what he's best suited to atm. 

Not always, since he now benefits from Look Out, Sir, he might be worth taking as a giant "artillery" piece. Drop him turn 1 in your own lines, start dropping meteors 24" away. If you stick him behind judicators/sequitors/whatever, then he's gonna be -1 to hit as well, making him fairly durable. Not outstandingly so, but better than before.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

Not always, since he now benefits from Look Out, Sir, he might be worth taking as a giant "artillery" piece. Drop him turn 1 in your own lines, start dropping meteors 24" away. If you stick him behind judicators/sequitors/whatever, then he's gonna be -1 to hit as well, making him fairly durable. Not outstandingly so, but better than before.

So 360 points for a couple MW per turn? Sounds pretty inefficient, taking into account he is garbage in CC with only 2 attacks.

Being harder to hit doesn't make him any better.

Just now, DanielFM said:

So 360 points for a couple MW per turn? Sounds pretty inefficient, taking into account he is garbage in CC with only 2 attacks.

Bingo (although it's 340). He needs to either get tougher to actually fulfill his role, or he needs a warscroll rework. 

Just now, DanielFM said:

Yeah, hence the "might be worth taking" I haven't tested it but it's something I've been meaning to look into. I agree the Celestant-Prime could definitely use some buffs or a big point drop. Since we're definitely not getting the latter, let's hope for the former.

As someone who used several time the Celestant as an artillery piece, he is worth his 340 pts in this configuration. D3 mortal wound in a D6 aoe can be absolutely ridiculous and snipe ennemy character like no tommorow. Line of sight ? Big save ? Malus to hit ? The Prime doesn't care, and his very good range (25" at least) and threat range (37) mean he can ruin every character without exposing himself to spellcasters or dangerous attacks, while his 2+ (because cover or staunch defenders) make him durable enough

But yeah, i didn't bought this model to hide in cover and launch meteors

1 hour ago, DanielFM said:

It's actually quite some MW since he can modify one of his dices. I always use that to modify the D6 range so he covers a big area of 12 inch and most probably can hit 4+ units. So 8 MW per round at descent range, which is quite annoying.

However, I have to admit he is not a game changer, since SE does not really need this kind of slow and flat damage. A lot of matches SE lost  simply at round 3 due to enemy horde already got enough VP. Despite 90% of your army is still alive at that time and you know you will wipe out the enemy at round 5, you will lose anyway.

Anyone interested in speculating on what Stormhosts we will be able to choose from? Same as those big battalions or any others? How many will there be? How many temples/enclaves/skyports/ are in the other books?

Will they come with the same bonuses that the battalions got or will it change? Will we get a tool to generate our own Stormhost? And most importantly, will the paint on your modells have to match official sources to be able to use the rules?

Morning all,

Thanks for all the great contributions made here, this is currently one of the longest threads on the forums! The time has now come for this to be locked though as we move into the new edition. To continue the Stormcast Eternals discussion, please head over here....

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/18313-aos-2-stormcast-eternals-discussion/

Chris

Archived