Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

You can still use the storm cast battalion (assuming you comply with all the requirements) but your army would not be able to use the Stormcast allegiance abilities (i.e. Setting up in the celestial realm or use the Stormcast artifacts/abilities). Your only option if including the Hurricanum would be the basic ORDER allegiance abilities.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/3/2017 at 8:29 PM, bolderiz101 said:

does skyborne batalion still exist cause its not in the book

Yes. It's legal for the time being. The most telling is that it's on Warscroll Builder, hosted by GW themselves. If that's not validation, I don't know what is.

18 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

You can still use the storm cast battalion (assuming you comply with all the requirements) but your army would not be able to use the Stormcast allegiance abilities (i.e. Setting up in the celestial realm or use the Stormcast artifacts/abilities). Your only option if including the Hurricanum would be the basic ORDER allegiance abilities.

Untrue. Your army still fulfills the requirements for Stormcast allegiance - that is, everything has the Stormcast keyword. 

15 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Untrue. Your army still fulfills the requirements for Stormcast allegiance - that is, everything has the Stormcast keyword. 

Which version of the Hurricanum scroll has the Stormcast keyword?

aetherstrike and hammerstrike force are pretty much the best things the stormcast have.

You have staunch defender, too, which is awesome with everyone in the book. The azyros complement all stormcast ranged unit very well. Blessed weapon+retributors+any bonus to hit (two lord celestant with consumate commander) is very funny too.

I recently caught myself dreaming about a full vanguard-auxillary chamber at 2500 points.

Imagine the following :

Vanguard aux chamber 140

Lord Aquilor + 2XKnight Venator + knight Azyros 520

Angelos conclave 100

4X5 Hunters 560

1X3 Palladors 220

Justicar conclave 60

3X3 aetherwings 180

2X3 Longstrike + 1X6 Longstrike 720

Total : 2500 points

That is basically a one drop army which can deploy off table and where every single component can pop out WHENEVER YOU WANT at 6" from any border and more than 7" from the opponent.

Even worse, every non-hero unit have +1 attack on ranged weapons, yeah of course, hunters got 3 shot but that means that longstrikes shoot twice! It is like you double the 720 point part of the list.

The potential seems amazing.

Of course, this does not fit at 2000 as the bare minimum is around 2040 points or somethin'.

20 minutes ago, chord said:

What are the best/strongest synergies for the stormcast?

14 minutes ago, ledha said:

aetherstrike and hammerstrike force are pretty much the best things the stormcast have.

I would add the Vanguard wing and by extention, the tempest lords Formation, but there is a little bit of frustration incluted in this one. What you gain in infinite mobility and teleportation, you loose in raw smashingpower. There are things that you won't break with that that a unit of paladin can.

32 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I would add the Vanguard wing and by extention, the tempest lords Formation, but there is a little bit of frustration incluted in this one. What you gain in infinite mobility and teleportation, you loose in raw smashingpower. There are things that you won't break with that that a unit of paladin can.

I was thinking more non-battalion, more warscroll synergy.   Once I removed allegiance abilities and battalions it seemed the synergy was pretty light minus a few things like the LCOD no-battleshock or LC on Foot +1. 

I recently caught myself dreaming about a full vanguard-auxillary chamber at 2500 points.
Imagine the following :
Vanguard aux chamber 140
Lord Aquilor + 2XKnight Venator + knight Azyros 520
Angelos conclave 100
4X5 Hunters 560
1X3 Palladors 220
Justicar conclave 60
3X3 aetherwings 180
2X3 Longstrike + 1X6 Longstrike 720
Total : 2500 points
That is basically a one drop army which can deploy off table and where every single component can pop out WHENEVER YOU WANT at 6" from any border and more than 7" from the opponent.
Even worse, every non-hero unit have +1 attack on ranged weapons, yeah of course, hunters got 3 shot but that means that longstrikes shoot twice! It is like you double the 720 point part of the list.
The potential seems amazing.
Of course, this does not fit at 2000 as the bare minimum is around 2040 points or somethin'.

I would drop three raptors and add 5 more hunters so you at least have one unit of 10 hunters.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, chord said:

I was thinking more non-battalion, more warscroll synergy.

Oh.

Dont underestimate the power of the Knight Azyros reroll ability. When everybody shoot on 3+ or better, rerolling 1 is great.

Lord Relictor/Veritant prayer : Lightning chariot, they can reposition Raptors Longstrike/Hurricane to keep their bonus as they didn't move in the moving phase.

Knignt Heraldor with paladins/Fulminators : Fulminators loves to charge every turns and paladins are sitting ducks unless someone gives them more mobility.

Drakesworn templars can give +1 to hit for units targeted by Concussors and Concussors loves having +1 to hit.

2 minutes ago, kozokus said:

Oh.

Dont underestimate the power of the Knight Azyros reroll ability. When everybody shoot on 3+ or better, rerolling 1 is great.

Lord Relictor/Veritant prayer : Lightning chariot, they can reposition Raptors Longstrike/Hurricane to keep their bonus as they didn't move in the moving phase.

Knignt Heraldor with paladins/Fulminators : Fulminators loves to charge every turns and paladins are sitting ducks unless someone gives them more mobility.

Drakesworn templars can give +1 to hit for units targeted by Concussors and Concussors loves having +1 to hit.

Yeah the knight heraldor is awesome.  

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

That's a list I'd really like to try if I ever got around to buying more Prosecutors. A massive winged force would look really striking on the tabletop and the Stormhost ability is a really nice buff on the Celestant-Prime or a Stardrake.

• 2 weeks later...

So I ran aetherstrike at a tournament over the weekend and came to the conclusion that it struggles against anything that's resilient.

I was pretty successful against everything i came up against except a death army. It was 3 places of power,  3 turns in i had only managed to kill 4 skellies and put afew mounds onto a vampirelord on zombie dragon *who the proceeded to heal himself back to full health* 

I think the problem was that i didnt have the volume of attacks to get through his death save *he was rolling like a boss* 

So is quality over quantity a draw back? Or was this just bad luck/poor play? 

8 hours ago, Olincay said:

So I ran aetherstrike at a tournament over the weekend and came to the conclusion that it struggles against anything that's resilient.

I was pretty successful against everything i came up against except a death army. It was 3 places of power,  3 turns in i had only managed to kill 4 skellies and put afew mounds onto a vampirelord on zombie dragon *who the proceeded to heal himself back to full health* 

I think the problem was that i didnt have the volume of attacks to get through his death save *he was rolling like a boss* 

What was you're list?

I find the vanguard longstrikes very much a quality over quanitity weapon that struggle with armies with mortal wounds saves or armies with sheer numbers that dont rely on saves. Horde death and Bonesplittas being the two key examples. In the end I stopped running my longstrikes against my bonesplitta opponent because the sheer number of wounds he had on the table meant that the low number of high rend attacks meant nothing.

5 hours ago, Marc Wilson said:

What was you're list?

the atherstrike battalion *obvs* with 9 longstrikes and 3 hurricanes. 

Extra units not part of the battalion were 2 relictors, and 4 units of libs to act as layerd meat shield and to capture objectives. 

22 hours ago, Olincay said:

well you might not wanna run this much liberator and some fulmi/hurricane

the fulmi can destroys big unit and the hurricane destroys horde while your aetherstrike can kill the remaining wounds and attack like 3 times per turn with 2 relictor/bless weapons and an azyros to reroll 1's

Death is a pretty decent counter to us in general. We don't have a lot of high level "grindy" armies. Hammerstrike, Aetherstrike, Skyborne, old Warrior Brotherhood - all built around blasting things down quickly. Death, especially their big characters, can soak that burst and then hit back. 

For comparison, I can guarantee you that the Aetherstrike will kill 1-2 Thundertusks per turn. 12 wounds through a 4+, unless they roll hot or take the Talisman of Protection, is cake. But VLoZD or the Mortarchs have extra saves, heals, lots of wounds, better saves... it's a lot rougher.

On 7/19/2017 at 0:06 PM, ArtyomTrityak said:

I'm trying to find Vanguard Auxiliary Chambers in Battletone Stormcast Eternals but seems like i can't. Is it there?

Page 123.

Unfortunately, I have found my favorite SC units do not play well together in the same battalions for the most part. So I think I am just going to try running a list without said battalions, and just place in units I like that are still solid. Probably should have squeezed as Herlador in there, but could not. Also, unsure on if I should split up the Fulminators and Protectors, or field them as single large units.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Heroes
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline

Units
4 x Fulminators (480)
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

Total: 2000/2000

Have you considered a heraldor to boost those fulminators, that way in running them in a single large unit you could benefit from retreat and charge, otherwise I'd suggest splitting them lest they get bogged down in a single combat. Other than that if your Lord celestant will be near by have you considered the pack hunter trait on his mount to boost attack numbers.

17 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Have you considered a heraldor to boost those fulminators, that way in running them in a single large unit you could benefit from retreat and charge, otherwise I'd suggest splitting them lest they get bogged down in a single combat. Other than that if your Lord celestant will be near by have you considered the pack hunter trait on his mount to boost attack numbers.

Well I did say I felt a Heraldor would be good. I just have no idea how to fit him in. And I am not sure on the unit sizes of the Fulmonators and Paladins, as far as keeping them as single units, or splitting them up.

Pack Hunter is an interesting option. Might consider that.

Archived