Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Freejack02 said:

Damn good point.

So we want a long answer that can be read in battletome, huh?
No problem
The wording for SFA tells you that once per game you can change profile of your realmhunter's bow, nothing more, and while you can't directly increase the number of attacks, because the rule tells you to make 1 attack, nothing restricts you from getting an aditional with prayer. 

1 minute ago, XReN said:

So we want a long answer that can be read in battletome, huh?
No problem
The wording for SFA tells you that once per game you can change profile of your realmhunter's bow, nothing more, and while you can't directly increase the number of attacks, because the rule tells you to make 1 attack, nothing restricts you from getting an aditional with prayer. 

Nothing supports your interpretation. There is no declaration that the altered damage values last any longer than a single attack - in order for your interpretation to work there would have to be. Simply stating you "make another attack" does not override the restrictions of "once per game" or the specific warscroll reading of "makes 1 attack instead of 3, but it causes x damage". Both references are singular. 

I'll wait till others weigh in before debating it any further, because there's really no point. 

As great as two attacks with a Star-fated Arrow would be I've got to side with Freejack02.  The profile says "once per battle in your shooting phase you can declare that this model will loose a Star-fated Arrow".  It then goes on to say that the Venator makes one attack rather than 3.  That the SFA can be used only once per game would not be changed by a prayer.  You can roll another attack but not regain a use of this once-per-battle ability.

5 hours ago, Requizen said:

IMO their only current use if if you have 80-100 points left over and are looking for effective filler. Not worth building an army around, but if they're available, I'd take them.

That’s also the point where you will be looking at extra CP and endless spells though. I think the CP generation and management game is going to be a big part of the matched play environment. Not sure missing out on those for a unit of castigators is a good trade, but admittedly I have played 0 games in the new edition so could be way off base

2 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

As great as two attacks with a Star-fated Arrow would be I've got to side with Freejack02.  The profile says "once per battle in your shooting phase you can declare that this model will loose a Star-fated Arrow".  It then goes on to say that the Venator makes one attack rather than 3.  That the SFA can be used only once per game would not be changed by a prayer.  You can roll another attack but not regain a use of this once-per-battle ability.

I also agree,  once per battle is the key, and one attack is key.  

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

Gone:

Aetherstrike, all Stormhost specific ones, Celestial Hunting Pack, Storm Heralds, Storm Vortex Garrison, Wardens of the Realmgate

New:

Cleansing Phalanx, Grand Convocation, Hailstorm Battery, Sacrosanct Chamber (probably a huge one), Soulstrike Brotherhood

Changed:

Devastation Brotherhood -50
Drakesworn Temple +40
Exemplar Chamber -160
Extremis Chamber -140
Hammerstrike Force -100
Harbinger Chamber -140
Lightning Echelon -110
Lords of the Storm -60
Skyborne Slayers -50
Thunderhead Brotherhood -20
Thunderwave Echelon -140
Vanguard Angelos Conclave -40
Vanguard Auxiliary Chamber -80
Vanguard Justicar Conclave +10
Vanguard Wing -60
Warrior Brotherhood -60
Warrior Chamber -160

I hope we get some new battalions in the new battletome. These are showing their age. 

30 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

That’s also the point where you will be looking at extra CP and endless spells though. I think the CP generation and management game is going to be a big part of the matched play environment. Not sure missing out on those for a unit of castigators is a good trade, but admittedly I have played 0 games in the new edition so could be way off base

I don't know if we'll be looking for lots of CP to be honest. There aren't a lot of Command Abilities we want to spam in the same manner Flesh Eater Courts or LoN will. Endless spells I agree tho. 

11 minutes ago, chord said:

I hope we get some new battalions in the new battletome. These are showing their age. 

Eh, we are getting new ones. And many armies haven't gotten any since the beginning and won't get any updates, so I'd be happy with what we have ?

I played a game with the new rules against wanderers this week, and the new command ability Forward to Victory really helped put those charges in. Teleporting paladins with a hero close to them, makes them more viable than before i think. 

Also kinda off topic, but a lot of old WHFB players are taking the jump in AoS in my area. Exciting times ahead! 

5 hours ago, Synidus said:

Blacktalon's shadowhammers are out.

damn, the only good vanguard bataillion.

However guys, i'll cut your dicussion about shooting units : at 100 pts, the knight heraldor is by far our best shooter right now. 4 of them will, for 400 pitiful points, put so much mortal wounds across the board and mobility for our frontline that we don't even need judicators or vanguard raptors, venators or balist.

I'm hopefully that there will be some vanguard special rules in the new battletombe. Like a free battalion or something. I'm really looking forward to finishing my vanguard off and Neave is my favourite hero.

11 minutes ago, ledha said:

However guys, i'll cut your dicussion about shooting units : at 100 pts, the knight heraldor is by far our best shooter right now. 4 of them will, for 400 pitiful points, put so much mortal wounds across the board and mobility for our frontline that we don't even need judicators or vanguard raptors, venators or balist.

It's only a 15" range but he is sooo tasty isn't he. *toot* I don't suppose you know if you roll a single D3 or a D3 per unit? I never know which is right.

18 minutes ago, ledha said:

damn, the only good vanguard bataillion.

I am pretty sure you already know, but Sylvaneth players are going to flip the gaming table over....on you.

50 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

I'm hopefully that there will be some vanguard special rules in the new battletombe. Like a free battalion or something. I'm really looking forward to finishing my vanguard off and Neave is my favourite hero.

It's only a 15" range but he is sooo tasty isn't he. *toot* I don't suppose you know if you roll a single D3 or a D3 per unit? I never know which is right.

15 range, but it's not a missile weapon

So he can run+toot-toot, which mean 15+5+1D6 range. And you don't need to be in range of ennemy units, but in range of the scenery, and hit everyone D6" around it. So the actual range, depending of the size of the sceneries, can be absolutely hilarious, and hit ennemy units you don't even see or are more than 30" away.

That + the 4 run+charge/retreat+charge also mean they will make the frontline extremely fast.

25 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

Thanks @ledha

That's really good isn't it! I know a Nurgle player or two whose tree they won't be loving so much.  

Do you know if you roll a single D3 for all units or a separate D3 for each unit effected?

If you talk about heraldor, every unit gets d3 mw. Your units too.

Did you guys found any good way for sce to use that new command points? 

Archived