Adepticon AOS Results?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

For the record, that wasn't an Alarielle conversion, it was Morathi included in the army using the Sylvaneth Winter Leaf mega-battalion. 

Hey Tom, from Steve’s feed I thought he said it was in Gnarlroot - worked as a good piece alongside the TLA and hunters. 

2 hours ago, bonzai said:

Were daughters of khaine allowed or were they too new? Im curious on how they are playing out. 

I'm happy to see such a diverse mix of lists. Kudo's to adam for placing so high with seraphon. Its also nice to see that change host is becoming a lot less dominant. It's still top dog, but seems to have lost a lot of ground, which is a a good thing.

Its going to be interesting to see how the meta settles out after this string of rapid fire releases. Deepkin are around the corner, and supposedly there is going to be a new Death release as well. 

Yes, there were three of us that I saw. One was Steve Herner’s Morathi, another was a witch elf heavy list, and lastly was my all snake list which went 4-1. So, Daughters made an admirable showing. I was actually impressed at all of the variety I saw. I was concerned that it was going to be all Changehost, Nurgle, Nagash lists, and Fyreslayers. While they were there in abundance, the tournament was quite a mixup of everything. Congrats to the top guys!

The Top 6(ish) tables going into Round 5 in order were:

Table 1: Changehost vs Mixed Order (w/ Frost Pheonixes and Dragons)

Winner: Changehost Major Victory

Table 2: Fyreslayers vs Seraphon Winner:

Fyreslayers Major Victory

Table 3: Daughters of Khaine vs Blades of Khorne

Winner : DoK Minor Victory

Table 4: Mixed Order (Arcanum and lots of stuff) vs ??? (I wasn't paying enough attention)

Winner: Mixed Order Major Victory

Table 5: Iron Jawz vs Order (I think KO Dwarves but I'm a terrible person and forgot what Miles was playing)

Winner: (I think KO Dwarves)

Table 6: Pure 1 drop Changehost vs Kunnin Rukk

Winner: Changehost Major Victory (Both Joe and GW should feel bad for LoC on a Balewind)

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I don't know.

They were allowed and on battle points they did well.  If they had their armies painted up to good quality the leading DoK player who placed 26th would have tied for 2nd place. 

Unfortunately due to changing jobs I didn't know I was gonna be able to make Adepticon until late that Tuesday night so I got Wed night and Thurs night to paint as much as I could which I felt bad about because there were some beautifully painted armies (The Seraphon that ended up getting 3rd from soft scores had an absolutely amazing display board with flying ripperdactyls).  I was only 4th in Battlepoints not 2nd don't get carried away but I'm happy with 5-0 (3 Majors 2 Minors and all my Secondaries and Tertiaries) after only 3 practice games with the army.

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

Yes, there were three of us that I saw. One was Steve Herner’s Morathi, another was a witch elf heavy list, and lastly was my all snake list which went 4-1. So, Daughters made an admirable showing. I was actually impressed at all of the variety I saw. I was concerned that it was going to be all Changehost, Nurgle, Nagash lists, and Fyreslayers. While they were there in abundance, the tournament was quite a mixup of everything. Congrats to the top guys!

There were 4 of us if you count Steve's beautifully bright green Morathi as part of his Gnarlroot. I got to play next to it all of Round 1. 1 gentleman had all older models (witch elf heavy) plus Morathi and I guess your all snake army which I'm sad I missed seeing and I had 1 unit of snakes (still witch elf heavy).

I have most of those top round 5 table lists if someone wants a specific one. I'm not gonna post them all here. I also got the opportunity to play Brendon who got best death so I've got that list too.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

Rules goof up to allow the LoC on a Balewind?

Nope... Changehost is not a move it is a redeploy per GWs own ruling for Morathi growing and definition of a "move" from their FAQs.

Balewind Vortex warscroll Add the following paragraph to the Hints & Tips section: ‘Note that a Monster may not be moved onto a Balewind Vortex for any reason.’

It was a perfectly legal yet stupid play within the rules. Warhammer Community was at Adepticon so it should be fixed. They even called over a TO, Joe showed him the rule stated that it was stupid but the TO ruled for him anyways. IDK that he would've pulled it out without it but Joe is a very good player and it was the Kunnin Rukk guy's like 3-5 event and he did very well

21 minutes ago, Searva said:

The Top 6(ish) tables going into Round 5 in order were:

Table 1: Changehost vs Mixed Order (w/ Frost Pheonixes and Dragons)

Winner: Changehost Major Victory

Table 2: Fyreslayers vs Seraphon Winner:

Fyreslayers Major Victory

Table 3: Daughters of Khaine vs Blades of Khorne

Winner : DoK Minor Victory

Table 4: Mixed Order (Arcanum and lots of stuff) vs ??? (I wasn't paying enough attention)

Winner: Mixed Order Major Victory

Table 5: Iron Jawz vs Order (I think KO Dwarves but I'm a terrible person and forgot what Miles was playing)

Winner: (I think KO Dwarves)

Table 6: Pure 1 drop Changehost vs Kunnin Rukk

Winner: Changehost Major Victory (Both Joe and GW should feel bad for LoC on a Balewind)

Unfortunately due to changing jobs I didn't know I was gonna be able to make Adepticon until late that Tuesday night so I got Wed night and Thurs night to paint as much as I could which I felt bad about because there were some beautifully painted armies (The Seraphon that ended up getting 3rd from soft scores had an absolutely amazing display board with flying ripperdactyls).  I was only 4th in Battlepoints not 2nd don't get carried away but I'm happy with 5-0 (3 Majors 2 Minors and all my Secondaries and Tertiaries) after only 3 practice games with the army.

There were 4 of us if you count Steve's beautifully bright green Morathi as part of his Gnarlroot. I got to play next to it all of Round 1. 1 gentleman had all older models (witch elf heavy) plus Morathi and I guess your all snake army which I'm sad I missed seeing and I had 1 unit of snakes (still witch elf heavy).

I have most of those top round 5 table lists if someone wants a specific one. I'm not gonna post them all here. I also got the opportunity to play Brendon who got best death so I've got that list too.

I thought I heard someone had 15 snakes in addition to my army. I would’ve loved to have seen the alternately painted Blood Sisters.  I played: Blades of Khorne, Mixed Order Legion, Kunnin Ruk, Chaos Dwarfs (Best Opponent), and Fyreslayers. Only loss was to Kunnin Ruk’s 3 million Patriot missiles that did the “300” attack on me, lol. Wish my Blood Sisters had those Spartan shields. 

On 3/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Scythian said:

I thought I heard someone had 15 snakes in addition to my army. I would’ve loved to have seen the alternately painted Blood Sisters.  I played: Blades of Khorne, Mixed Order Legion, Kunnin Ruk, Chaos Dwarfs (Best Opponent), and Fyreslayers. Only loss was to Kunnin Ruk’s 3 million Patriot missiles that did the “300” attack on me, lol. Wish my Blood Sisters had those Spartan shields. 

You can see them actually fully painted at Nova unless I end up liking Sea Elves better.

I played Brendon's Death round 2 (MaV), Fyreslayers on Knife to the heart round 3, (MiV) Sylvaneth (not gnarlroot) round 4 (MaV), Blades of Khorne round 5 (MiV)

I feel bad but I don't remember Round 1 except for Max points (there was a little too much drinking day 1). Edit: It was Beastmen... I remembered.

13 minutes ago, Searva said:

You can see them actually fully painted at Nova unless I end up liking Sea Elves better.

I played Brendon's Death round 2 (MaV), Fyreslayers on Knife to the heart round 3, (MiV) Sylvaneth (not gnarlroot) round 4 (MaV), Blades of Khorne round 5 (MiV)

I feel bad but I don't remember Round 1 except for Max points (there was a little too much drinking day 1).

Wow, that’s a proud showing! I was disappointed that I faced the Kunnin Ruk list if for no other reason that the game was just a boring snoozefest. Just me sitting there watching Patriot missile orcs blasting me off of the table with about......10,000 shots, lol. I wished I would’ve faced at least one Nurgle, LoN, or Changehost list. Overall, I really enjoyed most of my opponents. The Slambo guys were a riot and Dan Norris was the best guy I played all weekend. He was the Chaos Dwarf Guy. Can you post a pick of your 15 Blood Sisters? I would love to see your paint scheme. 

6 hours ago, Scythian said:

Wow, that’s a proud showing! I was disappointed that I faced the Kunnin Ruk list if for no other reason that the game was just a boring snoozefest. Just me sitting there watching Patriot missile orcs blasting me off of the table with about......10,000 shots, lol. I wished I would’ve faced at least one Nurgle, LoN, or Changehost list. Overall, I really enjoyed most of my opponents. The Slambo guys were a riot and Dan Norris was the best guy I played all weekend. He was the Chaos Dwarf Guy. Can you post a pick of your 15 Blood Sisters? I would love to see your paint scheme. 

One of the Kunnin Rukk players wasn't playing their rules right...  Hope that wasn't the case for yours.

44 minutes ago, gdieckhaus said:

A video I made featuring pictures of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Armies At Adepticon. There were some awesome armies!

Great overview!

22 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

One of the Kunnin Rukk players wasn't playing their rules right...  Hope that wasn't the case for yours.

Great overview!

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t have known anyways, but it’s all good. Plenty of future tournaments to worry about. Snakes have only begun to slither.

06421795-3784-4987-8AA0-25C38342EB1E.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

What was the K. rukk player doing wrong? Retreating and shooting? Doubling movement in hero and movement phase rather than just movement phased? Not reducing attacks under 20?

Just now, svnvaldez said:

What was the K. rukk player doing wrong? Retreating and shooting? Doubling movement in hero and movement phase rather than just movement phased? Not reducing attacks under 20?

Choosing the same unit for the +1 to hit, run and charge spell when he rolled doubles, as well as adding +1 to base movement from that same buff, instead of only run and charge moves...

Yeah.

Adepticon was a blast and highly recommend going for those that haven’t been.  It was nice to see another Chaos Dwarf player in the wild. 

Unfortunately for me, I messed up my foot and it swelled up throughout the day so I ended up dropping after not being able to walk out of my hotel room.

The top 10 tables showed what I thought was a decent mix of armies.  Iron Jawz and kunnin rukk are still trying to hang in there in the current meta which was cool to see. 

9 hours ago, Searva said:

I feel bad but I don't remember Round 1 except for Max points (there was a little too much drinking day 1).

Out if curiosity what list did you bring? 

6 hours ago, williegoat said:

Adepticon was a blast and highly recommend going for those that haven’t been.  It was nice to see another Chaos Dwarf player in the wild. 

Unfortunately for me, I messed up my foot and it swelled up throughout the day so I ended up dropping after not being able to walk out of my hotel room.

The top 10 tables showed what I thought was a decent mix of armies.  Iron Jawz and kunnin rukk are still trying to hang in there in the current meta which was cool to see. 

That other player was Dan from the San Antonio Slambo crew. He was my best opponent at Acon. Too bad we all aren’t able to game with each other on a regular basis. 

59 minutes ago, Aginor said:

The Seraphon player (#3) posted over at Lustriaonline.com

Apparently he used a Shadowstrike Starhost with two units of 40 Skinks and 9 Rippers, also an EotG, a Slann, and he allied in a Celestant-Prime.

link to the post?

Hello Everyone,

I managed to place 3rd in the Champs this last weekend. Here is my list:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Engine of the Gods (220)
- Artefact: Light of Dracothion 
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer 
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices 
Skink Starpriest (80)
Celestant-Prime (340)

Battleline
40 x Skinks (200)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
40 x Skinks (200)
10 x Skinks (60)

Units
9 x Ripperdactyl Riders (420)
1 x Salamanders (40)

Battalions
Shadowstrike Starhost (170)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 149

I played against a moulder list, alarielle sylvaneth list (my only loss), and three stormcast (stardrake, vanguard wing, and aetherstrike).

Ripperdactyls were great and accounted for a hellpit, 6 rat ogres, 20 dryads, treelord ancient, 36 liberators, and 5 judicators. I outdropped every opponent and always took first turn. The list works well with having many different ways to deal damage (range, MW, combat) and everything does something from the very start of the game

Other than the one loss I got max points in every other game and max soft scores. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer. You can also see my stuff on Twitter @Mr_Trunzo.  Thanks!

Archived