The Innaugural Monthly Kitbash Competition (Complete Projects)

flemingmma

Welcome to the Innaugural monthly Kitbash/Conversion Challenge

If you're looking for the participation/wip thread its over here

I have stolen this idea wholesale from the people over at bolter and chainsword, It has had some success there and I hope that it shall over here.

This months theme is chaos.

Using any plastic GW miniature create a chaos champion/ general on foot (that is any hero model from the chaos grand alliance that is on foot)

The Rules (stolen wholesale from bolterandchainsword)

1-The finished model is not to be painted the conversion should be bare plastic/metal/resin/greenstuff stealing a few small pieces from painted models is okay though

2 It must be identifiable as the unit it represents , preferably with all the weapons and artefacts that would be on its warscroll. Of course if a few things are missing or changed rule of cool applies

3 *redacted by order of the knights excelsior*

4 Green stuff can be used from individual components and gap filling all the way up to a full scultp

5 Each entrant can post multiple entries without limit

6  You must declare participation a minimum of 24 hours before posting your completed model over in the completion thread (a bit of head start is allowed but i don't want models you've been working on for years painstakingly sculpting each individual component posted in the completion thread competing with stuff people have cobbled together this month)

7 1 calendar month build time so anything built between today (22/02/2018) and one month from now (22/03/2018)

8 Have fun

How to enter

In the participation thread post the following

"I (insert  your user name here), undertake this months challenge to build at least one chaos hero unit"

In this thread feel free to post WIP pictures and trade ideas but once you have decided to declare your model as complete post it in the completion thread with the following statement

"I (insert user name here) declare this as one of my entrants in the chaos hero challenge"

And a series of 5 photos

1 Front view

20180222_154806.jpg.0a44378b8ec383106c28ba6aeb0d9487.jpg

2 Right view

20180222_154812.jpg.610c3b7c4998f62fa667c753f1d04105.jpg

3 Rear View

20180222_154818.jpg.642141d670aa8facd613e497c4e97cbb.jpg

4 Left View

20180222_154824.jpg.a0829bc694303adf00655c2c8492b76d.jpg

5 Dramatic angle

20180222_154839.jpg.358e7b9dd5c6461a5c13016fd7fbb095.jpg

Once the challenge closes I will run a poll to decide and audience favourite as the grand champ and I'll declare a personal favourite as well.

Bonus points for my choice will come from using using basic kits rather than hero units as a base

Here is a list of the eligible chaos heroes that you can convert stuff into

Arch Warlock

Aspiring Deathbringer (either variant)

Beastlord

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Chaos Lord (any god)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Curseling

Daemon Prince

Darkoath Chieftan

Darkoath Warqueen

Doombull

Dragon Ogor

Exalted Deathbringer (any variant)

Exalted Hero of Chaos (any variant)

Gaunt Summoner (not on the disc)

Great Bray-Shaman

Great Unclean One

Grey Seer

Herald Of Khorne

Herald of Slaanesh

Keeper Of Secrets

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Lord of Blights

Lord of Plagues

Magister

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Packmaster

Plague Priest

Poxbringer

Rotbringer Sorcerer

Skaven Assassin

Skaven Warlord

Skullgrinder

Slaughterpriest (any weapons)

Verminlord

Warlock Engineer

12 hours ago, flemingmma said:

What were you thinking of doing?

Sculpting Skarbrand from scratch to better fit with my Malal daemon army. He would keep the built up shape and the two axes, but the style would change quite a lot, and I probably would get rid of the broken wings... However I also have to make a Darkoath Queen conversion and the Masque of Slaanesh, so maybe one of those would be better? 

51 minutes ago, The Traitor said:

Sculpting Skarbrand from scratch to better fit with my Malal daemon army. He would keep the built up shape and the two axes, but the style would change quite a lot, and I probably would get rid of the broken wings... However I also have to make a Darkoath Queen conversion and the Masque of Slaanesh, so maybe one of those would be better? 

Skaarbrand can also be a generic bloodthirster so go nuts, I'd also like to see all your others seeing as there's no limit to the amount of entries per person :)

Oh my God!!!!! :o We had the same idea!!!!!!  kkkkkkkkkkk

3 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

The cadmium King is one of the maddening 9, Ancient Heralds of the master of change from before the creation of the realms.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

I'm working on a "Yellow KIng" conversion too, to count as a Changeling!!!! "Great Minds think alike!

But I'm using a different base model (a Skaven Plague Priest), and will look very different... Will post pics when finished!

By the way, your conversion is looking ace! Fantastic work! Way scarier than mine...

Cheers

AJ

18 minutes ago, Antonio Rodrigues said:

Oh my God!!!!! :o We had the same idea!!!!!!  kkkkkkkkkkk

I'm working on a "Yellow KIng" conversion too, to count as a Changeling!!!! "Great Minds think alike!

But I'm using a different base model (a Skaven Plague Priest), and will look very different... Will post pics when finished!

By the way, your conversion is looking ace! Fantastic work! Way scarier than mine...

Cheers

AJ

Thanks AJ. very nice of you to say so. I can't wait to see your king. Which plague priest are you using? the one from the Bell?

I was toying with the idea of doing a whole Tzeench force based on mythos creatures. Not sure if it would be competitive by could be fun.

Tell me this doesn't look like a horror/herald

IMG_7459.png

This is my entry, a Tzeentch Lord of Chaos. I used parts from chaos warriors and the chaos warshrine, as well as a bit from the wild riders. It may have just inspired a warband for skirmish. Rip stormcast progress.

0310181735.jpg

0310181735c.jpg

0310181736c.jpg

0310181736a.jpg

0310181737.jpg

Skaven assassin:

ska1.jpg.39b06a950500c62c217a82872afb5d41.jpgska2.jpg.6a662959960d325e902bce9951b3074b.jpgska3.jpg.bc4a973a75617b3a999a2b48734fe63a.jpg

ska4.jpg.02bb13fae2c9278bacb82ef07883e15a.jpgska5.jpg.428b83c215c0a2562224c19e1c9509f8.jpg

I wanted to make an assassin with mechanical legs/tail and big, poisoned blades. I also added a lot of random blades, daggers, vials etc to his utility belt. And yes, I gave him bigger teeth :D I know it isn't very assassin-y, but I'm going to paint the plasmacoil parts in his legs with a glowing green, and name him Warpheel or something. The idea for this guy actually originated while joking with a friend how I wanted to make a skaven version of Springheeled Jack.

Skaven warlord/army standard bearer:

ska6.jpg.b4a6b2976a3772f636c1871eaf287eab.jpgska7.jpg.159c75dd156867c0e506b6c5aac42704.jpg

ska8.jpg.ed1ecd42fa74f9eae28b18c381625f56.jpgska9.jpg.409d2fdbaa6914cb8a11c84680306d90.jpg

I made this dude very skryre-y because that's always my go-to clan in skaven. I did cheat a bit, since the banner isn't gw-made, it's a necklace I bought from a spanish fleemarket-thingie some years ago. But the thing just looked perfect for a skryre-y banner, so I couldn't resist. I might add some electricity to the upper warpstone in the banner once I've painted him a bit. The basis for this dude was one of those old beastmen who all had the same pose, so he is pretty big compared to a normal skaven. But like I said with my first conversion here, I wanted hero models that stood out from the rest of the ratmen, mostly in their size/base size(32mm bases). I like how the beastman already had horns as I wanted the warlord to have those, and I didn't have to start surgically operating on the face since I also wanted him to wear a gasmask(skryyyyreeeee).

And now that I posted this I noticed I forgot to make tiny gs rat teeth for the skull/spine helmet he has, since it's supposed to be a "horned rat" skull. Oh well, it doesn't matter for now.

Archived