Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a Nagash list since its the cool thing to do.

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead(800)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 1: Overwhelming Dread 
- Lores of the Dead Spell 2: Amaranthine Orb 
- Lores of the Dead Spell 3: Vile Transference 
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Grave-sand Timeglass 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Terrorghiest Mantle 
- Lore of the Deathmages: Spectral Grasp

Battleline
2 x Morghast Archai (220)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Battalions
The First Cohort (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Leaders
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Battalions
The First Cohort (160)

Was looking at something very similar -but with grave guard rather than horses.

Have you play tested anything like this?

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Leaders
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline

Units
5 x Black Knights (120)

Battalions
The First Cohort (160)

Personally without changing the theme I’d look to change the second necro for a vamp lord. Probably with pinions as it gives Nagash a very reliable speed buff. 

27 minutes ago, Countmoore said:

Personally without changing the theme I’d look to change the second necro for a vamp lord. Probably with pinions as it gives Nagash a very reliable speed buff. 

Thats a good idea thou Id want him to be near the Morghasts at all times. Dont want out range the ability that tosses them wounds

1 hour ago, Countmoore said:

Maybe harbingers then so if he is charging off the 3d6 charge could get them back in range?  

In First Cohort Archai might be better due to extra saves against mortal wounds that might be flung at them or at Nagash.

13 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Im trying to tweak my Sacrament list and I always end up with some odd ball amount like 1950 or 1970...grrr....

llegiance: Legion of Sacrament
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
Necromancer (110)

Necromancer (110)

Necromancer (110)

- Ancient Blades
- Ancient Blades
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
20 x Grave Guard (320)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
Mortis Engine (180)
Lords of Sacrament (70)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 158

i do have my doubts if it is gonna work tho.  Too many small heroes and arkhan isn't be any means tanky  so will have to play around with LoS.  Still its 2k , its so annoying that eveything else i think about ends up at 1970 :P:P  

Starting out undead. I was originally going to go Nighthaunt, but looking at the new book, I'm better off running LoN I think. I can't quite decide if I like Night or Grand Host more, but I do want to run Morghast eventually and I like the artifacts more. So yeah. I was kind of going with a sort of 'Fallen Kingdom who refused to die' and go with a heavy ghosty theme. Thinking of using these skulls on my dudes too, to match the spooks. 50x-resin-burning-skulls-fire-skulls.jpg

Wight King with Black Axe (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar 
Necromancer (110)
Cairn Wraith (60)
15 x Grave Guard (240)
- Great Wight Blades
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 67

So im workingon a Vampire list and was Going to use Blood when I realized that Blood doesnt even work that great with it...thoughts? The idea is the 3 big bad vamps will roam together

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Leaders
Bloodseeker Palanquin (320)
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Coven Throne (260)
- General
- Lore of the Vampires: Soulpike
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon(440)
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Total: 1860 / 2000
Wounds: 138

10 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So im workingon a Vampire list and was Going to use Blood when I realized that Blood doesnt even work that great with it...thoughts? The idea is the 3 big bad vamps will roam together

Leaders
Coven Throne (260)
- General
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

I would probably swap the Palanquin for a Terrorgheist, and then if you did still want to play with the Orb you have enough points for a VL with wings

24 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

He could integrate a VL with Wings without changing anything because a VL cost 140 and he has 1860

Yeah I know, I mention the VL because if he replaced the Palanquin he would lose the Amarathine Orb and if that's something he wanted to play with he could take a VL with it

1 hour ago, xspire said:

Yeah I know, I mention the VL because if he replaced the Palanquin he would lose the Amarathine Orb and if that's something he wanted to play with he could take a VL with it

The point is to keep them. The Bloodseeker spell plus buff to attacks would be great. Thats why I went LoBlood. Buff the VLoZD then the Bloodseeker buffs on top of that

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Leaders
Coven Throne (260)
- General
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

I really don't like the second unit of skeletons. I'd swap it for 30 direwolves and then add a balewind.

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

The point is to keep them. The Bloodseeker spell plus buff to attacks would be great. Thats why I went LoBlood. Buff the VLoZD then the Bloodseeker buffs on top of that

Fair enough, with the Legion of Blood allegiance rules giving -1 bravery, the skeleton banners and the necromancers debuffing bravery to -3 very easily a terrorgheist would be doing more damage than the Palanquin for less points

1 hour ago, xspire said:

Fair enough, with the Legion of Blood allegiance rules giving -1 bravery, the skeleton banners and the necromancers debuffing bravery to -3 very easily a terrorgheist would be doing more damage than the Palanquin for less points

That is true. Ill tweak some more stuff around 

Just wrapped up a 2k fight vs Tzeench Skyfire spam against my Nagash First Cohort list...got pretty much wrecked.I dont see anything in this new book that can stand up to the filth that is Tzeentch.I will say that I would rather face changehost than Skyfire spam but a changehost played well is still very strong.
  The issue with this army matchup isint with the Nagash book,,its a great book with some fun builds and will matchup well against most builds out there,,its just the Tzeench is,for the most part broken,,its an army that does everything and does it well.And having the fate dice just puts it out of reach for pretty much all other armies.

1 hour ago, Thostos said:

Just wrapped up a 2k fight vs Tzeench Skyfire spam against my Nagash First Cohort list...got pretty much wrecked.I dont see anything in this new book that can stand up to the filth that is Tzeentch.I will say that I would rather face changehost than Skyfire spam but a changehost played well is still very strong.
  The issue with this army matchup isint with the Nagash book,,its a great book with some fun builds and will matchup well against most builds out there,,its just the Tzeench is,for the most part broken,,its an army that does everything and does it well.And having the fate dice just puts it out of reach for pretty much all other armies.

Chaos was a mistake. #deleteTzeentch2018

4 hours ago, Thostos said:

How many skyfires we talking? I think we have the tools now to quickly deal with the shaman (time glass) and debuff a unit of skyfires but if they are running multiples then that would be much tougher. 

4 hours ago, Thostos said:

What were the lists?

Archived