new death battletome announced!

tea_wild_owl

16 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

I know people who asked the GW staff at LVO about the leaks, and unlike before where they'd just kind of ignore your questions if the leaks were real, they straight up told people they were false warscrolls.

you know, maybe if they used warhammer community to say that too there would be a lot less pelvic hurt... maybe show the difference in stuff or something with one, i dunno.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Black_Nexus said:

I know people who asked the GW staff at LVO about the leaks, and unlike before where they'd just kind of ignore your questions if the leaks were real, they straight up told people they were false warscrolls.

I have my doubts about them as well, but I would feel much better if they simply told us. So much of this drama and panic would evaporate if they just gave us a single official statement. I mean, seriously, they have:

Facebook

Youtube

Instagram

The Community Website

Why can't they simply just put up a statement on this? It is really quite annoying.

Well if they are fake, they'll make "official statement". Not someone told somebody about them being fake.

If they are not... they won't tell "Yeah, those warscrolls so many of you don't like, they're right" and risk a big flop of pre-orders. It's business.

Either these are true, or GW suddenly don't know how to run a business/don't want to make money :P

Even if the leaks aren't real, I'm not sure they'll feel compelled to make an official statement to respond to a handful of grumpy, overinvested fanboys rustled by either a prank or the accidental release of outdated playtest material.  I just don't think that rises to the level of bothering with.

Either way we'll know soon enough.  If the books coming as soon as we expect, then more detailed previews on warhammer communities have to be coming withing the next two weeks.

Old GW? Never.

New GW? This is the first thing they should do. Don't get me wrong, I don't put a tin foil hat on my head before strolling forums, but I do believe that the very existence of AoS/Warhammer40K/BloodBowl/etc is money making.  Every negative feedback about a new product is a potential loss. When Necromunda hits shelves everyone was like "wait, no 3d terrain?". They literally jumped here and there saying there are rules for 3d terrain, don't be upset, buy it.

But hey, book is around the corner, we will see sooner than later :)

1 hour ago, Undeadly said:

I have my doubts about them as well, but I would feel much better if they simply told us. So much of this drama and panic would evaporate if they just gave us a single official statement. I mean, seriously, they have:

Facebook

Youtube

Instagram

The Community Website

Why can't they simply just put up a statement on this? It is really quite annoying.

It would not be better for GW.  Allowing some external event to determine the terms that your company engages with its customer base is bad business unless it is an actual crisis, which this is not.  They have a product coming out in a matter of weeks that will do their talking for them.  A business can't allow itself to be held hostage to an anonymous internet denizen.  

Games workshop have been quite reactive in many ways. Often early previous of models would come up within 24 hours of blurry pics going up on other sites. They are quite keen to control the narrative these days.

I think they are just busy with LVO.

Yeah, it's the weekend, and they're busy with an event, and most of the feedback they're getting right now is (more than justified) overwhelmingly positive reaction to the DoK reveal, and again I'm not sure a few rustled jimmies on a couple obscure forums warrant a major response, or even direct orders to staff at LVO on how to react or what to say or not say.

GW staff saying the leaks are fake/inaccurate certainly adds a cloud of uncertainty, but the leaks are still probably real, imo.  And if they are fake, I'm not sure what specific statement you'd expect them to make otherwise beyond the faction focus warhammer community article that's almost certainly coming this week regardless, if the rumored preorder date of next saturday is correct.

well, I was right about another preview coming soon, though sadly it neither confirms nor denies the leaks, because it didn't preview a scroll.

Heck, it didn't even warrant its own article, which makes me think we might see another before the week is out with maybe a bit more detail.  Hopefully.

While we don't have any direct confirmation or denial, the fact that the Legion allegiances don't have their own list of models, they all just use the full death list, means that the lack of new legion keywords on the leaked scrolls is no longer a reason to think they're faked.

More thoughts on the new preview:  I am frustrated that they talk about this book like its supposed to allow as much variety as the subfactions of other alliances, when it's really just the same model/unit pool five times over with a few different allegiance rule options.

Also I'm annoyed that they're still mixing up the naming on Legion of Night.  Makes me think the same mistake will be in the published book as well.

But I am glad to know that I can paint whatever models I like and they'll still be legal in Arkhan's Legion of Sacrament.

as for scrolls that haven't been seen, at the moment we're assuming, if the leaks are even real, that there are no changes to any FEC units.  None of their stuff would be 'summonable', they'd only get recursion through their own bespoke heroes, not even from mortarchs or whatever.  But we'll see.  Again, we're not even sure the leaks are real at this point (though it really, really feels like they are).

23 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

It would not be better for GW.  Allowing some external event to determine the terms that your company engages with its customer base is bad business unless it is an actual crisis, which this is not.  They have a product coming out in a matter of weeks that will do their talking for them.  A business can't allow itself to be held hostage to an anonymous internet denizen.  

I'd argue against that, because by doing nothing, they are simply allowing the external event to influence the customers anyways, although in a negative way. By staying silent and twiddling their thumbs, they risk loosing out on the pre-order sales, and possibly even players who decide to switch armies from what we have seen.

10 minutes ago, Sception said:

well, I was right about another preview coming soon, though sadly it neither confirms nor denies the leaks, because it didn't preview a scroll.

To be fair, they did drop the hint about the Order Harbringer being able to give a +1 to hit for Warmachines.

If the heralds are legit, then the new ethereal wording is legit, which means the rest of the scrolls are probably legit.

On the other hand, it doesn't have deathly invocation, which you would think it would have if the whole summonable keyword character healing were true, what with being the herald of nagash and all.

yeah, too soon to say on the other leaks.

I'm glad it will be coming out soon. Getting stuff trickled out in tidbits is exciting for maybe a week, but after a while to me it just gets frustrating.

Death Heroes coming back like Necrons was joked about earlier, but maybe they'll come back like Celestine or Guilliman?

If the leaked scrolls are accurate the Bloodseeker Palanquin sounds cool. I like it when they come out with more ways to use existing kits. A Battalion with a Bloodseeker Palanquin, Mordant Engine and Coven Throne could be fun.

Probably nothing new, unless you mean the big, sand-colored skull - it seems like nothing we know about as of yet...?

Also, tomorrow will be big - the official previews are starting, so we may get to know something that will either deny or confirm the credibility of the scrolls

Archived