The Warlords at Warhammer World

Ben Johnson

Game 3 was escalation against Liam and his Clan Skyre List now this was a lesson in excellent list design the army runs like clockwork and he knows it well which met it was a really though game but I was scoring as I was dying and after a multitude of mortal words it was a major loss for me but by one point 8 to 7 so I was disappointed but then ordered four boxes of storm fiends for a variation of this list but with no tunnelling. Liam was a gent and after the game really explained how it works and ways to prevent it being so effective....... Those thoughts for another time.

I like Liam a lot, but don't flatter him - this is a Net List. It's an auto-win button against anything with elite troops and if you win the double turn it's an autowin against anything that isn't 1800 points of Zombies or Plaguebearers. Worse still your opponent will literally roll no dice.

It's marginally less boring than the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts. Hopefully it will die out from being such a boring list - this from a player who plays Skaven and owns Stormfiends.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Andy Bryan said:

Game 5 and I got to play a chap named Josh who gave the probably the best game of age of Sigmar I have ever had it was against a mixed chaos list with a doom bull general and a bullgor formation that was lethal the scenario was three place of power and I ran all my characters onto the objectives and settled in for a massive scrap and by George it was !!!!!!! A unit of bullgors with great weapons charged into a great unclean one and he held them for a few turns until they went crazy and inflicted thirty wounds from three guys the formation helps and 5 and sixes to wound explode into two extra hits some ten hits nine hits turned into lots of wounds and despite three saves that was one dead GUO!!!!!! This was simply amazing!!!!!! however due to my early game scoring I won another game 

This was such a great game; I'm happy you enjoyed it Andy! Those plague drones kept blinking back into reality! 

My Warherd/Slaves to Darkness army was fun to play but definitely not the most competitive vs all-comers. I ended up 63rd in the rankings, but only due to 3 favourite game votes. This masked my low point scoring so I should have been down in the high 70's really!

The Bullgor Stampede formation is great fun and can be brutal. Had 4 great, tough, close games (winning two) against armies with a similar focus on close combat. First two games of the event were against heavy shooting armies (Legion of Azgorh and a beautiful mixed Moonclan/Bonesplitterz army) which is my armies definite weakness - they were still great fun games though, against really friendly opponents. Certainly learnt a lot this time. Not really sure what my army can do against shooting (beyond the likes of taking Cunning Deceiver); other than charging straight is in a true bull fashion!

Warhammer World certainly pulls out the stops for these events and they are great fun.

I will certainly be back for some more AoS events and I strongly recommend it to anyone who didn't get to go to this one.

15 hours ago, Louzi said:

Why is this event so intransparent? I cant find who won, which armies were played etc.?!?

GW seem to take a while putting results up on the web and usually it's on facebook. I've not seen it on the Warhammer World Events page yet, but this is from a tweet @Dan Heelan sent out after the event. It's not the full list but lets you know the top players. 

CsGGN-BWYAAsgPG.jpg

2 hours ago, Jamopower said:

The end results can be found from the Warhammer world FB-page along with hundred or so pictures and the winner's list:

https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhammerWorld/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1300908366595307

Brilliant! I had a quick look but couldn't see it this morning!

Link to the results for anybody who can't access Facebook - http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Warlords-Spreadsheet-FINAL.pdf

I took Slaanesh Daemons along with Be'lakor.

Although I've 'played' AoS since launch, in reality I'd only done maybe 5 games prior to the Friday.

Managed to win three games though and really just down to playing the scenarios well.

My army wasn't the best painted by a long shot, nor competitive really, but I had quite a lot of people coming over asking what everything did, and I had at least two opponents who told their friends all about their experiences against Seeker cavalry :) was a really enjoyable weekend for me and some nice games.

48 minutes ago, Aristo said:

I'd like to know more about the top five under the Bonesplitters list; especially the Chaos duo. Were either of them Skaven?

I believe you'll find that they both included elements from the Skaven. Russ had a warp lightning cannon, and Ade had 30 or so giant rats and some storm fiends. 

WLC's are a solid choice as they bypass those pesky hit and wound rolls and dish out mortal wounds. They are also costed well.

I like Liam a lot, but don't flatter him - this is a Net List. It's an auto-win button against anything with elite troops and if you win the double turn it's an autowin against anything that isn't 1800 points of Zombies or Plaguebearers. Worse still your opponent will literally roll no dice.

It's marginally less boring than the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts. Hopefully it will die out from being such a boring list - this from a player who plays Skaven and owns Stormfiends.

I strongly disagree with this. The 'meat' of the list is very pricey and it does takes practice to get the most out of it. I'm talking from experience of a game I played against Liam with a weak Chaos/Bloodbound list. It's very much a glass hammer and I found it enjoyable to play as it really kept me on my toes.

Archived