personalize the various warband

Daniel saxcloud

thinking about it, I may convert and adopt different colors schemes as experiment of new army. So far I am considering the purple rain stormhost and the violence and bloodshed tribe for the base set.

I thought of the tail-gutter-gunners

for skaven, and I'm looking for some evocative idea for the others band. Any thought?

For skellies considering that they are mostly of bare bones you could still choose black and red combination (classics never get obsolete!) or dark purple and black, for instance. Orcs, on the other hand, can have as much variation as it's possible, and personally I want to paint them in red and black or gold.

I'm going to paint my Stormcast to match my AoS Stormcast.

Don't have any of the other armies, so will perhaps experiment a bit with them to see what looks cool.

On the conversion side of thing, I think it'll be interesting to see what people do. Being unique figures with pretty dynamic poses, in theory, there's no much reason to do large conversions. Head swaps, weapon swaps, etc could be interesting.

What may be really cool if someone can pull it off, is 'Inspired' versions of characters. In card games and the like, sometimes you see different 'versions' of the same character, or upgraded versions. In shadespire, you have 'Inspired' status which is kinda a similar thing.

Would be a really cool and unique way to show this is to have 2 different versions of the same model, the uninspired one, and the inspired one. You could of course, represent inspiration on the models with a simple base ring. But I think it'd be awesome to see a second version, maybe more impressive weaponry, or more battle damage, etc. The easy one that comes to mind of course, is giving Severin Steelheart a helmeted version to represent one state.

It might not play as fast in game (just flipping over your card), but appeals from a hobbying perspective to me.

I'm making my own scheme. Calling them the Talons of Sigmar. (Not super original, working on the name ?)

They are part of a small Stormhost that is specialized in the investigation and recovery of relics.

Gonna buy a box of Liberators and use bits from the Vanguard to give them a bit more of an adventurer look. 

And instead of Hammer and Shield, I'll go with Sword and Shield.

This is the perfect game to make a warband full of personality.

44 minutes ago, Sete said:

I'm making my own scheme. Calling them the Talons of Sigmar. (Not super original, working on the name ?)

They are part of a small Stormhost that is specialized in the investigation and recovery of relics.

Gonna buy a box of Liberators and use bits from the Vanguard to give them a bit more of an adventurer look. 

And instead of Hammer and Shield, I'll go with Sword and Shield.

This is the perfect game to make a warband full of personality.

This is exactly what we plan on doing as well. I wish the cards were a bit more generic because they won't match our models.

I did think that was an odd choice. They have to know that GW caters to the hobbyist crowd who tend to want their own colors. Though this is supposed to be directed at the more mainstream set...so perhaps they expect many buyers to not paint their set and GW is providing flash and color on the cards.

11 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Though this is supposed to be directed at the more mainstream set...so perhaps they expect many buyers to not paint their set and GW is providing flash and color on the cards.

That's it exactly, we're not the target audience

That said, using card sleeves, it's a piece of cake to print a colour photo of your miniature out to occupy the same sized window and I'd be shocked if someone doesn't do a card frame or similar

49 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

If the tunnels are big enough which is often the case I think they will be fine :)

C'mon, man, I'm trying to forge a narrative here...a sense of adventure...so the game isn't just a dry abstract.

Maybe the stormcasts have to brave narrow tunnels and cooridors before arriving in the open chambers the battles take place in?

;)

3 hours ago, Mr. White said:

C'mon, man, I'm trying to forge a narrative here...a sense of adventure...so the game isn't just a dry abstract.

I absolutely support you and think always the same way, because the plot is everything here. Just don't worry that enough of the shields and tunnels - in the Mortal Realms, I am sure, any weapon or equipment can be used to its best :)

3 hours ago, Mr. White said:

Maybe the stormcasts have to brave narrow tunnels and cooridors before arriving in the open chambers the battles take place in?

Can be. But in this case their size, like the size of weapons in general, will be a problem. Or if one of them can block the whole passage, their shields will be very useful :)

As Im working with two kits I'll certainly convert the second Warband into something that might eventually become a full Stormcast army.

As per rules though conversions will not go too nuts, just headswaps and added bits for me.

Duncan's looks awesome too.

ShadespireWarbandsOct19-Image4uw.jpg

Thinking I will have to hit up any friends that play khorne or stormcast for a bitz raid, would be nice to customise them some more. I think the round shields look way better for Angharad, tower shield for a lone fighter doesn't sit right. Feels like a formation item.

I feel compelled to paint them in the same scheme I have my AoS army but at the same time, for some reason, I have something nagging me to paint them as "stock" stormcast. So im gonna push it for a while as I decide, instead ill be looking into how to best make 3d gameboards! This game has potential for some amazing custom setups!

Archived