Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm guessing the purple thing us the purple son of xeromus, from the 8e spell, and that it wilk be part if an exoansion for magic.  Maybe storm of magic, AoS style?  Maybe an AoS versiob of the ancient battle magic box, with spell lores for everyone?

The other preview is defs a plastic coaxh tho,  guess we'll be getting that nighthaunt time sooner than i thought,

On 21/03/2018 at 11:24 PM, ledha said:

My instinct say to myself that Nighthaunt are the next Death release, with a new Black coach, a spectral infantry unit, and a new terrain ala sylvaneth/nurgle

Out of interest, why infantry? Surely that role is filled by hosts. If we are getting more than the coach, we need some kind of ghost monster/hero kit so we are not pushed into taking Mourngul.

2 hours ago, Amun_Ra said:

Out of interest, why infantry? Surely that role is filled by hosts. If we are getting more than the coach, we need some kind of ghost monster/hero kit so we are not pushed into taking Mourngul.

GW rarely show any artwork without existing miniatures on it

egvrbxasz8am.png

I don't think this infantry with cloak, daggers and scythes already exist in the game. And in the background, we can clearly see one of the few unveiled rumour engine

1 hour ago, ledha said:

Yes, he is on the picture. I'm speaking of literraly everyone on this picture except him and the skelleton closest to us.

Maybe? Seems a bit redundant, just look like Wraiths. I really want a ghost dragon, but will take what I can get..

If nighthaunt get the daughters of khaine treatment then we can assume there will be more than just cavalry and swarms.  I imagine it will be a kind of lite cairn wraith unit with the option to make them have a ranged attack. I never thought id see the day when the black coach was remade.

Noob interested in death.

Is the start collecting: malignants box any good for nighthaunt? I like the new knight of shrouds model too, but with the rumours surrounding a larger nighthaunt release, is it better to hold off? I'm in no rush.

11 hours ago, ZaelART said:

Noob interested in death.

Is the start collecting: malignants box any good for nighthaunt? I like the new knight of shrouds model too, but with the rumours surrounding a larger nighthaunt release, is it better to hold off? I'm in no rush.

I think to start i would recommend the Nighthaunt Tormented Spirits box to get started with units that we know will be in the faction if and when they get a battletome.  I got the start collecting box a few months back and i made a coven throne but i would recommend starting with the smaller less imposing miniatures since you are new to the faction.

Getting some buzz myself for the Nighthaunts at the moment, would be great if there is some sort of release.

I would actually like and see it viable if a troop type unit of ghosts was an option, being able to add some model count to the army in the form of Nighthaunts would be great. Also agree though that a new monster option would be great, and the look of the new coach would be awesome for Nighthaunts.

I havnt used mine since the GHB release as I only used full Nighthaunts at 1000 points for a double event, then added Soulblight for my 2000 point army. It did me very well in the UK for a good 6-9 months of GHB2016 and the Spirit Hosts were a main part of that. But now I feel like its time I gave them some game time and at least tried out the new abilities etc.

My initial thoughts when the updates came was to add Arkhan, so i am glad @Josh is finding some luck with that. I keep writing lists with 2 mournguls but then wanting to drop 1 to fir other stuff in. Mainly because I have 2 x 6 Spirit Host units and love the idea of 10 Hexwraiths, but after that you dont have much left!!!

Hoe have people found playing vs the common Tzeentch (changehost/skyfires) and armies like Kharadron where they can drop and nuke so much?

6 hours ago, ChippyRick said:

Getting some buzz myself for the Nighthaunts at the moment, would be great if there is some sort of release.

I would actually like and see it viable if a troop type unit of ghosts was an option, being able to add some model count to the army in the form of Nighthaunts would be great. Also agree though that a new monster option would be great, and the look of the new coach would be awesome for Nighthaunts.

I havnt used mine since the GHB release as I only used full Nighthaunts at 1000 points for a double event, then added Soulblight for my 2000 point army. It did me very well in the UK for a good 6-9 months of GHB2016 and the Spirit Hosts were a main part of that. But now I feel like its time I gave them some game time and at least tried out the new abilities etc.

My initial thoughts when the updates came was to add Arkhan, so i am glad @Josh is finding some luck with that. I keep writing lists with 2 mournguls but then wanting to drop 1 to fir other stuff in. Mainly because I have 2 x 6 Spirit Host units and love the idea of 10 Hexwraiths, but after that you dont have much left!!!

Hoe have people found playing vs the common Tzeentch (changehost/skyfires) and armies like Kharadron where they can drop and nuke so much?

Arkhan is great, will be good to add in a new spell & heals to a few units

ive got similar thoughts about wanting to drop a mourngul now, especially with hex wraiths getting so much better.

Couple local people to me play KO and its really who ever wins the double usually wins for me personally, tzeentch usually stomps me too lol (not enough left to hold objectives, kill chaff etc)

I've read a couple of references to the Command Trait "Cloaked In Shadow" being errata'd in the FAQ, but I can find no evidence of it. Clearly I am either looking in the wrong place or somehow missing it, can someone point me exactly where it is stated?

It seems I am being joined in my AoS project by my wife, who is both a much better and more patient painter than I am and a fan of the Nighthaunt models - so it looks like my Soulblight are going to be performing a fair bit of spirit-summoning!

Hi 

i interesting in Nighthaunt army and i have a question.

Does anyone ever play with battleline 9-12 Spirit host (54-72 atk) with KoS buff to spam a Roll 5+ Mortal wound ? 

That's look Wow to me when first read to a warscroll of Nighthaunt unit.

11 hours ago, Zetsu20 said:

Hi 

i interesting in Nighthaunt army and i have a question.

Does anyone ever play with battleline 9-12 Spirit host (54-72 atk) with KoS buff to spam a Roll 5+ Mortal wound ? 

That's look Wow to me when first read to a warscroll of Nighthaunt unit.

In the harsh reality of the battle, you'll NEVER put all those base in melee AND buffed up by the knight of shrouds, and if by miracle you do, they'll never concentrate all their attacks against the same unit, and will likely face several unit at once (and die)

1 hour ago, ledha said:

In the harsh reality of the battle, you'll NEVER put all those base in melee AND buffed up by the knight of shrouds, and if by miracle you do, they'll never concentrate all their attacks against the same unit, and will likely faced several unit at once (and die)

Thats proper positive reinforcement.  

Upon browsing this thread and conferring with The Boss, I have put together a list I think should be good to work towards. Several factors came into play when building the list, not least of which were the wife's interest in painting certain miniatures - she is quite keen on the Mortarch kit, so thankfully Arkhan seems like a pretty good choice as an ally! I may end up swapping one of the Wraiths for a Banshee since I do have the points, though I'm not certain they are really worth it without some proper bravery debuffing shenanigans.

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Knight of Shrouds (120)
- General
- Trait: Cloaked in Shadow 
- Artefact: Cloak of Mists and Shadows
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Cairn Wraith (60)
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- Allies

Battleline
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
- Nighthaunt Battleline

Behemoths
Mourngul (350)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 105

On 3/30/2018 at 1:10 AM, ledha said:

In the harsh reality of the battle, you'll NEVER put all those base in melee AND buffed up by the knight of shrouds, and if by miracle you do, they'll never concentrate all their attacks against the same unit, and will likely face several unit at once (and die)

ive got 9 into combat with 1 target plently of times?

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

list looks cool @Silverline whats the thoughts with how you want to play it?

im highlighting my hex wraiths rn ^^

I'm thinking that I'll try and make good use of the Nighthaunt Allegiance ability, and start with just the heroes and probably the Spirit Hosts on the table, then start dropping the Hexwraiths down to run rampant in the backfield. Meanwhile, the Spirit Hosts and the Cairn Wraiths provide a fairly decent mortal-wound-spewing anvil when inside the Knight's buff bubble and Arkhan tossing heals and magic missiles downrange.

The Mourngul will basically just be given the order of "Hulk, smash" and pointed in the vague direction of the enemy army

56 minutes ago, Josh said:

ive got 9 into combat with 1 target plently of times?

same here, you can get 9 hosts into combat, if you play them in Legions of Nagash the double pile in works wonders to allow them to make in into combat.

They teased a new NH large monster in the MP storyline as well; a hunched spirkt with chains and padlocks that captures the souls of the slain. 

Black coach resculpt will hopefully be a hybrid kit ala the Mortis Engine.

Shadespire cards depict spectral swordsman that parry, perhaps ringwraith-esque swordsman infantry with the usual frightful touch / 4+ ethereal save with reroll save in CC only for the parry. 

Archived