Let's Chat: Nighthaunt

Rid

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sooo in love with all these models - they are absolutely amazing! My fav one is gotta be the mounted Knight of Shrouds though - it captures the Nighthaunt atmosphere so well. But now I have a question to you everyone - this is my Knight of Shrouds. As you can see, the colour scheme I went for is quite simple, with most of it being spooky bluish. At the bottom he turns into dark fog of a kind - how would you suggest painting the rest of the new army, esp the mounted Knight, to fit this scheme and still not be your-dull-random-spooks kind of model? I need opinions/inspiration!

I was thinking of doing the bottom of the horse in this dark fog, then he kinda starts to materialize going upwards, his bones are black with purple light shining through them, while the cloth areas etc are done in the bluish ghostly colour. What do you think?

kosh 1.png

3 minutes ago, Sharrankar said:

I'm sooo in love with all these models - they are absolutely amazing! My fav one is gotta be the mounted Knight of Shrouds though - it captures the Nighthaunt atmosphere so well. But now I have a question to you everyone - this is my Knight of Shrouds. As you can see, the colour scheme I went for is quite simple, with most of it being spooky bluish. At the bottom he turns into dark fog of a kind - how would you suggest painting the rest of the new army, esp the mounted Knight, to fit this scheme and still not be your-dull-random-spooks kind of model? I need opinions/inspiration!

Maybe mark their cloaks to be covered in glowing magic runes? Or more magics swords? I dunno I'm not great at nighthaunt stuff! Maybe the new book will give some more lore ideas!

Guess I'll be looking around and collecting ideas lol 

Also, if all our units will have unrendable saves, than damn, this looks solid! The rank and file infantry will have something like 5+ I suppose, but still, Nighthaunts could actually be a seriously competitive faction. Do you think we may get some spellcaster? Like, maybe the lantern guys?

Archived