Allies matrix

Nice.

For the record, I think Deadwalkers shouldn't actually have allies. I think it's a misprint. Ignoring the fact you can't even make a Deadwalkers allegiance, it's the exact same allies chart that the Deathlords have and even mentions their own faction as an ally.

44 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Nice.

For the record, I think Deadwalkers shouldn't actually have allies. I think it's a misprint. Ignoring the fact you can't even make a Deadwalkers allegiance, it's the exact same allies chart that the Deathlords have and even mentions their own faction as an ally.

This could well be true. Don't suppose it was erratad today?

Just now, Antipodean7 said:

This could well be true. Don't suppose it was erratad today?

Doesn't look like they have a FAQ/Errata for the GHB2017 yet. Give it a month I guess.

There are other odd things as well like Daemons of Nurgle not having any allies (Perhaps cleared up in Blightwar), or Slaves to Darkness not having access to Monsters of Chaos (This one might be purposeful, but seems a bit strange).

9 hours ago, Antipodean7 said:

I've made an allies matrix for each grand alliance so you can easily see who can ally with whom. I'll update for the FAQ, compendium and forgeworld. 

https://aosshorts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/GHB2017-Allies-Table.pdf

Great work! :-)

By the way, it seems a small naming mistake might have snug in - In the allies line Tzeentch is listed as Daemons of Tzeentch and not Disciples of Tzeentch.

6 hours ago, Charles said:

Sorry to be a pain but there may be a mistake in the Chaos table. 

It says MaggotKin can ally with Khorne, but Khorne cannot ally with MaggotKin, but can ally with rotbringers?

That's probably correct - Maggotkin didn't exist as a "thing" (but Rotbringers & Daemons of Nurgle did) when the last Generals Handbook came out.  I expect we'll get an FAQ where they confirm that Rotbringers and MaggotKin are all synonymous with Nurgle in the same way we had with Blades of Khorne and Bloodbound being synonymous with Khorne :)

Technically “Maggotkin” isn’t an Allegiance, it’s a Pitched Battle Faction ... as if you look at the Allies reference in the Maggotkin Book it is “Nurgle Allies:” not “Allies:” or “Maggotkin Allies:” (This is similar to the Legions of Nagash Allies lists.)

The implication being that ‘Allies are based off of Allegiance’ not PBF. This being in line with the not FAQ’d reference in Warhammer Community last year.

Annoyingly enough, the new paradigm for maggotkin which lists the allies as “Nurgle Allies: Khorne, Brayherds, Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Monsters of Chaos, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness (excluding units with mark of TZEENTCH), Warherds” isn’t using KEYWORD bold for Khorne or Slaanesh...

Which is either implies it is quasi-based on the Allegiance, or is a misprint which should be using keyword bold for those entries, or it should be labeled as the PBF as the others are all in line with the Pitched Battle Faction names. :S

Archived