Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, morathi's wounds get carried over from her regular form to her supersayan. She seems pretty dope regardless since she doubles her spells range anyways and her command ability is an amazing force multiplier.

I am pretty sad the melusai and khinerai are not up for pre-order, because I can't look at their rules. Good to see that hornblowers allow run+charge, which will help a lot with mobility (especially since you can reroll 1s for running ^^). Overall it looks good, now I need to know the points. If you get some leak, pls PM me :_D

5 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

Well, morathi's wounds get carried over from her regular form to her supersayan. She seems pretty dope regardless since she doubles her spells range anyways.

I am pretty sad the melusai and khinerai are not up for pre-order, because I can't look at their rules. Good to see that hornblowers allow run+charge, which will help a lot with mobility (especially since you can reroll 1s for running ^^). Overall it looks good, now I need to know the points. If you get some leak, pls PM me :_D

I actually think this is a positive, not a negative.  It means she probably will be more along the lines of 380 points (i hope) than 500+

2 hours ago, Richelieu said:

Run and charge is a big boost.  With rerolling 1s on run your average move becomes 9.75"

If you haven't noticed a theme, I like math-hammer. :D

I think the math-hammer is a bit off... an average unmodified run will be 3.5, rerolling 1 bumps it up to 3.92, so shouldn't it be 9.92" total?

3 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

I think the math-hammer is a bit off... an average unmodified run will be 3.5, rerolling 1 bumps it up to 3.92, so shouldn't it be 9.92" total?

Hold on a sec, my math was wrong, but I think yours is too.  I think it is +3.82"

There are 11 possible results. 2,3,4,5,6 and 1-1,1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5,1-6.  So (1+2+2+3+3+4+4+5+5+6+6)/11 is 3.82.

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

So how she works exactly? If she is on 1 wound she has two when transformed? 

For each wound she has suffered before switching form, her supersayan will suffer 2. 

If she has suffered 1 wound, then 2 wounds. If 2, then 4, etc.

Good to see there are plenty of character choices. The battletome seems to be well fleshed out when it comes to variety and numbers.

3 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Hold on a sec, my math was wrong, but I think yours is too.  I think it is +3.82"

There are 11 possible results. 2,3,4,5,6 and 1-1,1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5,1-6.  So (1+2+2+3+3+4+4+5+5+6+6)/11 is 3.82.

Well, i think you're overcomplicating the 1 replacement. Because we can't reroll anything more than once, just substitute the original 1 value with the average d6 roll (3.5). So the possible table should be 3.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - so 23.5 / 6 = 3.9166.  Correct?

21 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Well, i think you're overcomplicating the 1 replacement. Because we can't reroll anything more than once, just substitute the original one for the average d6 damage (3.5). So the possible table should be 3.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - so 23.5 / 6 = 3.9166.  Correct?

You're right...maybe...my brain is fried, it's 4:00 PM on a Friday.

Boy, Morathi's Shadow Queen form packs more punch than I expected - on the turn she transforms she will likely smash anything she touches. 

Heartrender    6 attacks at 3/3/-2/3        8.00 dmg @rend -2

Crown        5 attacks at 3/3/-0/1                 2.22 dmg @rend -0    

Tail        1 attacks at 3/3/-2/6                        2.67 dmg @rend -2    

So Morathi is pretty weak, if she is over 350-380. Her ability/spellcasting is awesome but then after she suffers 3 wounds (which isn't that hard - just play against Nurgle ) and then in your second hero phase you 

- must transform unless you want to die 

- will transform randomly on 4+ 

I just hope allocation rule won't be FAQ as it could save her as viable option, otherwise she isn't reliable and losing any CA in 2,3rd turn is just bad. It's not that she's bad, it's how unreliable she is. 

Cauldrons on the other hand are fantastic, I guess I will play one Bloodwrack Shrine and one Cauldron for sure. 

49 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

If the New Zealand pricing site is any indication then the Witches have dropped in price.

No, they are exactly the same

6 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

So Morathi is pretty weak, if she is over 350-380.

This statement is insane. Her damage output is easily the best of anything I've ever seen. You could potentially use her in oracle form to cast Mindrazor, transform, and then she has a damage potential of 41 wounds, most of which are at -3 rend, and each attack coming at 3+/3+ re-rolling all rolls of 1 - so she will most often be quite close to her 41 wound mark. She is the most insane beast in all of warhammer. If she is 700 points she will still be good, and I don't expect her anywhere near that.

She has to transform at the start of the hero phase, so no oracle casting or command ability if you want to do that.

Depending on points it is almost tempting to transform asap and use her as a fast, tough to kill beat-stick, but I suspect the trade-off will probably not be worth it given you're paying the points for both forms.

1 minute ago, WoollyMammoth said:

No, they are exactly the same

This statement is insane. Her damage output is easily the best of anything I've ever seen. You could potentially use her in oracle form to cast Mindrazor, transform, and then she has a damage potential of 41 wounds, most of which are at -3 rend, and each attack coming at 3+/3+ re-rolling all rolls of 1 - so she will most often be quite close to her 41 wound mark. She is the most insane beast in all of warhammer. If she is 700 points she will still be good, and I don't expect her anywhere near that.

How can she Mindrazor a model that doesn't exist on the table yet? I mean something else could do it once she has transformed, but I don't think she can do it to herself. 

I agree that she's extremely powerful though, and will be sad if she comes in at less than 500 points. 

Nope she isn't

Her damage output you mention is  without any wounds, she isn't do do that, against majority of armies she will suffer 3 wounds before she attacks and her output is down. Then the problem is how unreliable she is, not that she is bad. She could be bad for her point cost.

Then she can't cast spells and then transform as she should transform at the start of your turn. She isn't reliable that's her problem as I said over 400 and she isn't viable option, unless you want to transform and use her as monster but that won;t work without first turn , as she could lose 3W against many armies (KO,Changehost, Nurgle to name few) 

8 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Nope she isn't

Her damage output you mention is  without any wounds, she isn't do do that, against majority of armies she will suffer 3 wounds before she attacks and her output is down. Then the problem is how unreliable she is, not that she is bad. She could be bad for her point cost.

Then she can't cast spells and then transform as she should transform at the start of your turn. 

How is she going to suffer damage between her own hero phase and combat phase (assuming you activate her first)? Unless you're gambling on Damned terrain... which is funny, because it could mean she's effectively immune to any further damage that turn (although losing 3 wounds would hurt the weapon profiles). 

Archived