Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spells are good, Mindrazor could be amazing and Withering is good as well, Prayers are even better. Pit of Shades is sadly very bad. 

So we also now they there is another Hero option - Slaughter Queen and Medusa is out spellcaster. 

I hope we will get Tanabrael as so far leader selection is very thin. 

3 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Spells are good, Mindrazor could be amazing and Withering is good as well, Prayers are even better. Pit of Shades is sadly very bad. 

So we also now they there is another Hero option - Slaughter Queen and Medusa is out spellcaster. 

We won't be getting the Tanabrael Shard, they would've shown it off in the faction by now.

There's four foot models (Bloodwrack Medusae, Hag Queen, Slaughter Queen, Morathi) and then the Cauldrons with the Hag, Slaughter etc on.  So have a feeling there's going to be numerous hero options for the army.

4 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

It will be amazing on everything with much attacks also with re-rolls of 1 especially if there is any way to manipulate bravery and putting those units against lower bravery target will be bonkers - slaughter in purest form. 

Speaking of that, I'll be interested to see what our banner and leader models do now.

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

So we have morathi, blood wrack medusa, Hag queen, death Hag and a slaughter Hag as heroes? Is a slaughter queen like a sister of slaughter hero I quest? 

Think it might be the old Hellebron model that's in the Cauldron set. She's been shown in some of the preview pics as a separate unit so would make sense.

10 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

Looking good to me. Interesting mention of "Slaughter Queens" might be a new warscroll for Helebron models?!

Tbh I think Hellebron might be the Hag Queen, he model is a little more hag-ish... haggard... than the other hero.

Cool stuff though, I like the two threads of the 'natural' cult of Khaine (witch elves, caulrdons of blood, prayers) and the cynical Ulgurite alterations Morathi has made to it (mutants, shadow magic). Everyone who already collected witch elves has the former, the new releases add to it in the same way that Morathi herself did.

EDIT: I'd guess that Slaughter Queen is the new name for the old Death Hag.

14 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Pit of shades has too high of a casting cost.  Damage wise, it will average the same as arcane bolt against the typical 5" move unit, but be much spikier.

Mindrazor is flat out amazing, almost casting it at anything melee oriented, rend alone is worth it:

For units with many attacks it's huge

For units with some kind of rend already it's also huge 

And there is potential damage bonus which is amazing especially if DoK have any ways to buff/debuff bravery. 

40 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Pit of Shades is sadly very bad

Very bad is a bit harsh. I'm going to play a lot of dwarfs, so 8 wounds max for a 7+ spell. You just know Morathi is going to be able to cast multiple spells. One Medusa or a unit of Warlocks and you'll be casting arcane bolt occasionally. For me Pit of Shades will be the go to damage dealing spell so far. Not going to be the first spell choice but that's pereectly fine. 

Also I;m expecting the warscroll to change and allow some sacrifices for +? to cast and some artefacts that do the same. 

Looking forward to the book so much! It all feels very thematic and cool so far. 

1 minute ago, DantePQ said:

Mindrazor is flat out amazing, almost casting it at anything melee oriented, rend alone is worth it:

And there is potential damage bonus which is amazing especially if DoK have any ways to buff/debuff bravery. 

Just from the standard witches they have above average bravery of 7. So yeah mindrazor is gonna be sooooo good! If the blood sisters glaives are Atleast rend 1 and damage 2 or d3, we will be having our own unit of endrinriggers, that also do mortals! 

3 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Yeah, it's an amazing spell. -1 rend on a 7+ is good anyway. The +1 damage is just an amazing and bloody bonus against most horde units. Can't wait to bring a squad of witch elves with this spell on it against my mate playing Skaven xD

Archived