Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

35 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I don't understand how those little snippets can lead oo any conclusion how comeptitve DoK will be? Without stats, points, leaders, spells etc? 

And even then some quite powerful builds are easy to be seen 

Like Mortahi with two shooting medusai units that some serious mortal wound potential. 

They only mortal wound in the shooting phase, not the hero phase.

AoSKhaine-Feb21-Heartseekers4t.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes talking about Morathi's command, which allows two units to shoot in the Hero Phase. Lets say the units can be 20 models. That means Morathi can allow 40 models to shoot in the hero phase (and the again normally in the shooting phase)

This is also what looks to be the best combo from what we have seen so far. We know the shooting can cause mortals. It depends on the range, number of shots, how efficient the shooting is and the costs of the units - but this sounds hot.

10 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

But her command ability says "Can immediately shoot as if it were the shooting phase." 

Yep I guess we will need clarification but it depends on how you can manipulate that roll if there is a spell/ability with bonuses to hit then it should be shooting phase only if only buff being rerolls of 1 from turn 3 on it isn't anything huge. 

28070963_761866034010192_4138194459382591970_o.jpg

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Like Mortahi with two shooting medusai units that some serious mortal wound potential. 

Except that the Melusai special rule specifically only triggers in the shooting phase and thus have no synergy with Morathi's command ability.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

I pretty certain they will be able to get there mortals off in the hero phase too as they are firing immediately as if it were the shooting phase. Won't damned terrain give them a +1 to hit in exchange for a mortal wound? Then add the reroll of 1's they could be crazy good. So far I'm impressed with both melusai units and the khinerai heartrenders.

Lifetakers we need more information on... can they pull out of combat and still charge? Will they have the SoS rebound mechanic? They just sound like an elite version of witches so not too sure on them.

But I'll be picking up the battle tome next week on Friday so I can answer some questions if leaks aren't already out! 

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I pretty certain they will be able to get there mortals off in the hero phase too as they are firing immediately as if it were the shooting phase. Won't damned terrain give them a +1 to hit in exchange for a mortal wound? Then add the reroll of 1's they could be crazy good. So far I'm impressed with both melusai units and the khinerai heartrenders.

Lifetakers we need more information on... can they pull out of combat and still charge? Will they have the SoS rebound mechanic? They just sound like an elite version of witches so not too sure on them.

But I'll be picking up the battle tome next week on Friday so I can answer some questions if leaks aren't already out! 

They will not get the bonus.  There is an FAQ i'll have to look for later that talks about this scenario except with the move phase as the example rather than the shoot.  The principle remains though, it is not the shooting phase, you get no shooting phase bonuses.

Just now, Payce said:

Except that the Melusai special rule specifically only triggers in the shooting phase and thus have no synergy with Morathi's command ability.

Her command ability states:

"Can immediately shoot as if it were the shooting phase." 

That sounds like they still get heartseekers activating on 6's as they are shooting as if it WERE the shooting phase. If it said they may just shoot in the hero phase then I would agree with you, but that simple part saying as if it were implies otherwise.

Just now, Richelieu said:

They will not get the bonus.  There is an FAQ i'll have to look for later that talks about this scenario except with the move phase as the example rather than the shoot.  The principle remains though, it is not the shooting phase, you get no shooting phase bonuses.

I haven't seen an faq in regards to this so if you can find it and link it that'd be so helpful :)

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/age_of_sigmar_the_rules_en-1.pdf

From page 3:

Q: Several abilities allow a unit to make a move ‘as though it were the movement phase’. Does this allow them to make use of abilities or special rules that normally only apply in the movement phase? For example, in the hero phase a unit of Kurnoth Hunters in a Free Spirits Battalion can move as though it were the movement phase. Would this allow them to make use of the Forest Spirits battle trait, where a unit can be transported to the battlefield in the movement phase?

A: No, it does not. All it means is that the move is made as though it were the movement phase, so the distancethe unit moves will be based on its Move characteristic, it can’t move within 3” of an enemy model, it can run and retreat (but if it does so it will have counted as having run or retreated for the rest of the turn), and so on.

Furthermore, abilities that specifically state they can only be used in a certain phase can only be used in that phase and/or their effects will only apply in that phase. So, if an ability says you can use it in your movement phase, it can only be used and its effects will only apply in your movement phase, if it says it can be used in your shooting phase, you can only use it and its effects will only apply in your shooting phase, and so on.

Just now, GammaMage said:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/age_of_sigmar_the_rules_en-1.pdf

From page 3:

Q: Several abilities allow a unit to make a move ‘as though it were the movement phase’. Does this allow them to make use of abilities or special rules that normally only apply in the movement phase? For example, in the hero phase a unit of Kurnoth Hunters in a Free Spirits Battalion can move as though it were the movement phase. Would this allow them to make use of the Forest Spirits battle trait, where a unit can be transported to the battlefield in the movement phase?

A: No, it does not. All it means is that the move is made as though it were the movement phase, so the distancethe unit moves will be based on its Move characteristic, it can’t move within 3” of an enemy model, it can run and retreat (but if it does so it will have counted as having run or retreated for the rest of the turn), and so on.

Furthermore, abilities that specifically state they can only be used in a certain phase can only be used in that phase and/or their effects will only apply in that phase. So, if an ability says you can use it in your movement phase, it can only be used and its effects will only apply in your movement phase, if it says it can be used in your shooting phase, you can only use it and its effects will only apply in your shooting phase, and so on.

Thanks for doing the legwork for me Gamma!

I am pretty hyped for that lore of Shadows the Daughters receive in their battletome (more info tomorrow).

I expect some spells to create illusion and confusion. Also Malarion is the Master of the winds of Ulgu. Those Spelltable could be remarkable for all the Dark-Alefen factions.

7 minutes ago, Kaleun said:

I am pretty hyped for that lore of Shadows the Daughters receive in their battletome (more info tomorrow).

I expect some spells to create illusion and confusion. Also Malarion is the Master of the winds of Ulgu. Those Spelltable could be remarkable for all the Dark-Alefen factions.

From what I could spot on the battlecards we have the withering, enfeebling foe and mindrazor from the old lore of shadows. 

The other tokens I can make out are true believer, bloody sacrificer, shroud of despair, mistress of poisons, bathed in blood, seer of khaine and sacrifice of blood.

Just now, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

From what I could spot on the battlecards we have the withering enfeeble foe and mindrazor from the old lore of shadows. 

The other tokens I can make out are true believer, bloody sacrificer, shroud of despair, mistress of poisons, bathed in blood, seer of khaine and sacrifice if blood.

Good eyes and well seen Sir!

Archived