Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

15 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I'll happen a guess at 520pts

I'll bet a bit higher 650pts as it is a 'demi god' but not more because I reckon GW feels the changing mechanic also has it's drawbacks. Not being able to fully control which form she is. That must mean she will a bit cheaper even if her defensive abilities are amazing in both forms. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2018 at 4:19 PM, zedatkinszed said:

Every other "Pheonix King" cheated. They used spells to fake their legitimacy. They screwed him royally (pardon the pun), and then lied to their own people. And then there was Tyrion's rejection of him after he passed the test the second time. Seriously in the HE propaganda he was bad for failing the test of the flames and then bad for passing.

Sorry I know this is an old comment but I have to correct this.

They never screwed him. Most Pheonix Kings were not even aware they cheated. And Malekith was the worst monster the Elves ever knew and is directly responsible for the decline of their race. When Malekith passed the test, and everyone stupidly accepted him as King. Tyrion's rejection made perfect sense, for some reason everyone that hated Malekith was suddenly accepting him as King despite the man being responsible for thousands of years of death and war and the decline of their race. The man was also a brutal and cruel tyrant to his own people. 

Also dislike how Malekith becoming King was a result of Teclis being retconned and his entire character being changed.

59 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Sorry I know this is an old comment but I have to correct this.

They never screwed him. Most Pheonix Kings were not even aware they cheated. And Malekith was the worst monster the Elves ever knew and is directly responsible for the decline of their race. When Malekith passed the test, and everyone stupidly accepted him as King. Tyrion's rejection made perfect sense, for some reason everyone that hated Malekith was suddenly accepting him as King despite the man being responsible for thousands of years of death and war and the decline of their race. The man was also a brutal and cruel tyrant to his own people. 

Also dislike how Malekith becoming King was a result of Teclis being retconned and his entire character being changed.

not-the-hero-we-deserve-but-the-hero-we-

Disliking it does change what happened in ET:K. It's warped and dark but Malekith was the rightful Phoenix King. That doesn't make him any less of a terrible person or a tyrant but he was the heir and the "Phoenix Kings" before him all lied and cheated - none of them took the test. The book went so far as to clarify that the ones who cheated all wanted to die because they knew that they cheated. 

Very weak preview :( we know little about those units - sure they have ability to score mortal wounds and that's all. But they seem to be in the boxes of 5 which makes sense with that kind of abilities you want more attacks/bodies then more W, so  my guess is they are both W3. 

Also taking Blood Sisters as Battleline could be cool for elite army (but I guess Mortahi can't be your general then ) 

2 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Expect they'll get detailed more on Warhammer TV today. Good to see they can become battleline though depending on the hero.

Yep that's huge if they are good as it means no Morathi in such army (unless someone want to waste her CA)

24 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Expect they'll get detailed more on Warhammer TV today

as mentioned, there's two slots over on the twitch channel today 

4.00PM Designing the Daughters of Khaine [hasn't actually started yet]
Miniatures designer Matt and ‘Eavy Metal painter Simon bring us up-close and personal with the new Daughters of Khaine models and share with us some insights about the creative process in bringing these bloodthirsty zealots to life.

5.00PM Daughters of Khaine Tactics with Ben Curry
Podcaster and Warhammer Age of Sigmar expert Ben tells you how to get the most out of the Daughters of Khaine, with an in-depth look at the new battletome and the tactical options it provides.

EditWarhammerTVNick: FEED NEWS: We're having major technical difficulties. We will let you know in around 25 mins if we are coming back tonight. We're working on it!

3 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

not-the-hero-we-deserve-but-the-hero-we-

Disliking it does change what happened in ET:K. It's warped and dark but Malekith was the rightful Phoenix King. That doesn't make him any less of a terrible person or a tyrant but he was the heir and the "Phoenix Kings" before him all lied and cheated - none of them took the test. The book went so far as to clarify that the ones who cheated all wanted to die because they knew that they cheated. 

Minus that they did not want to die. Next to none of the Phoenix Kings were death seekers. And despite claims by the End Times there were large amounts of good Phoenix kings along with bad ones. Finubar who got murdered by Malekith so he could upsurp him appearnlty accepted death after finding out he did not get through the fire on his own. But nothing was said for the others.

Also the Elven Leaders made the Phoenix King into a vote. Malekith lost the vote then later murdered the winner. So he is only rightful in that the fire would have been ok with him in a retcon.  He was was not the Hero they deserved or needed. (Instead everyone acted out of character to support Malekith including ones that had always opposed or hated him. The exception being Tyrion.) 

Makes me glad stuff like Total War decided to ignore that and just say Malekith was a tyrant who was rejected by the flames for his evil.

6 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Minus that they did not want to die. Next to none of the Phoenix Kings were death seekers. And despite claims by the End Times there were large amounts of good Phoenix kings along with bad ones. Finubar who got murdered by Malekith so he could upsurp him appearnlty accepted death after finding out he did not get through the fire on his own. But nothing was said for the others.

Also the Elven Leaders made the Phoenix King into a vote. Malekith lost the vote then later murdered the winner. So he is only rightful in that the fire would have been ok with him in a retcon.  He was was not the Hero they deserved or needed. (Instead everyone acted out of character to support Malekith including ones that had always opposed or hated him. The exception being Tyrion.) 

Makes me glad stuff like Total War decided to ignore that and just say Malekith was a tyrant who was rejected by the flames for his evil.

Dude I'm not going to argue with you about the narrative logic (or lack thereof) of ET:K. But Malekith did become the Eternity King and that's how it all ended (retcon or not). This is all going off-topic BTW. 

14 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

Dude I'm not going to argue with you about the narrative logic (or lack thereof) of ET:K.

Just my two cents but the way I look at it: they made some really really weird logical jumps and connections to finish those books. It really felt like a six season netflix serie that just when the filming of season 7 started, got told it was going to be the last season: '...so if they just could... you know, tie everything together quick. that would be great.' 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Just my two cents but the way I look at it: they made some really really weird logical jumps and connections to finish those books. It really felt like a six season netflix serie that just when the filming of season 7 started, got told it was going to be the last season: '...so if they just could... you know, tie everything together quick. that would be great.' 

I think the only Elf who has a consistent narrative is Morathi.  She has always used people, and she continues to do so, so much so that she now even uses the memory of a dead god for her own power....you go girl!

Only a little snip of info on the Melusai, but in fairness the lack of mortal wounds output was something definitely felt by the old DoK lists, so I think it's valuable to know that they have at least put a thought into fixing that.

Also interesting to note that the five-model units shown in the preview feature both the heart-holding Blood Sister and the drake-carrying Blood Stalker, which I think seals them as unit champions and not hero options.  Which could suggest a new Melusai hero is to be shown, though I think it's perhaps more likely that the Bloodwrack Medusa has been moved into that role.

16 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

though I think it's perhaps more likely that the Bloodwrack Medusa has been moved into that role.

I reckon new rules for the medusa are more likely. Seems she is in almost in every picture now, and not on her throne. Including in the Melusai preview, upper left. 

image.png.003ec2b7b5cb3550403fed38ba8b43ee.png

12 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Actually is the Medusa on a bigger base in that pic?  I feel like the Blood Coven kit only came with a 40mm for her, though I may be misremembering.

Can't remember from the top of my head, i'll chekc it tomorrow unless somebody else knows for sure?

9 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Only a little snip of info on the Melusai, but in fairness the lack of mortal wounds output was something definitely felt by the old DoK lists, so I think it's valuable to know that they have at least put a thought into fixing that.

Also interesting to note that the five-model units shown in the preview feature both the heart-holding Blood Sister and the drake-carrying Blood Stalker, which I think seals them as unit champions and not hero options.  Which could suggest a new Melusai hero is to be shown, though I think it's perhaps more likely that the Bloodwrack Medusa has been moved into that role.

You're probably right, although that still leaves a fairly large gap in the leadership role.  Medusa, Bloodwrack Shrine, Death Hag, Cauldron and Morathi are only 5, which is pretty slim pickings.  Even Kharadron have that many.  Fyreslayers have 10, Stormcast have over 9000, LoN have 11, Sylvaneth have 6, Maggotkin have 18 (did I really count that right? WOW!).

Archived