FAQ Questions 2017

47 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

its a bit stupid... unless this is a admission that the GHB2 isn't in fact anywhere near completion, testing etc. as why release a FAQ when you have announced the next edition already?? 

I don't see GHB2017 as related. 

1) GHBs don't/won't contain FAQs, right?

2) Any game changes take a while to vet/test/refine,  so this could well be the start of GHB2018 work.

5 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

I think what he means is, the new GHB could throw up more questions, so why do an FAQ now, why not wait until GHB2017 is released

It is possible that the new GHB2 has not been finalized yet, and they are wanting to clarify in the new book any questions regarding wording within the new book, rather than putting them into a separate FAQ document.  Basically, why release it in a PDF when you can put it in the actual book?

I mean, the image they used does also mention "spotted a mistake you think needs correcting", so this is more than just for gameplay questions, but also regarding typos, poor wording in sentence structure/grammar, or other goofs within the books themselves.

2 minutes ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

It is possible that the new GHB2 has not been finalized yet, and they are wanting to clarify in the new book any questions regarding wording within the new book, rather than putting them into a separate FAQ document.  Basically, why release it in a PDF when you can put it in the actual book?

I mean, the image they used does also mention "spotted a mistake you think needs correcting", so this is more than just for gameplay questions, but also regarding typos, poor wording in sentence structure/grammar, or other goofs within the books themselves.

It would be great if they clarified some stuff in GHB2, agreed. 

43 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

Why is it stupid?

As rule changes in ghb2017 coukd invalidate Alot of things, such as stacking multiple buffs of same thing etc, or all resurrected units cost points, etc etc

Different wording could be used so some questions and faq are no longer needed etc

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

As rule changes in ghb2017 coukd invalidate Alot of things, such as stacking multiple buffs of same thing etc, or all resurrected units cost points, etc etc

Different wording could be used so some questions and faq are no longer needed etc

I'll take a punt and suggest they know this already.

I'd like to see them reverse their silly ruling on the Ring of Immortality (although that might be a moot point come GHB2) seeing as in 40k Roboute Guilliman has a similar ability and they specifically ruled that does NOT cost reinforcement points.

4 minutes ago, wayniac said:

I'd like to see them reverse their silly ruling on the Ring of Immortality (although that might be a moot point come GHB2) seeing as in 40k Roboute Guilliman has a similar ability and they specifically ruled that does NOT cost reinforcement points.

They also specifically ruled that the Phoenix's ability is free around the same time they decided the ring cost points so dont get your hopes up 

2 hours ago, wayniac said:

This is a joke right? Bringing back a vamp lord on zombie dragon for free is ridiculous. Would rather face multiple skyfire units

5 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

This is a joke right? Bringing back a vamp lord on zombie dragon for free is ridiculous. Would rather face multiple skyfire units

He only comes back with d3 wounds. Even with a chalice of blood (which wont always work depending on when he died and who's turn it was/will be next) you're looking at 2-9 wounds. So best case scenario with max rolls that vamp lord is coming back halfway down his damage chart.

13 hours ago, Gotrek said:

They also specifically ruled that the Phoenix's ability is free around the same time they decided the ring cost points so dont get your hopes up 

When did they decide the Phoenix's ability was free? Is that official? 

I'd love that to be true as I often use one, but I assumed it needed reinforcement points to come back after the ring of death faq. 

7 minutes ago, Squirrelmaster said:

It's slightly disappointing how many "questions" are "I don't like AoS please change it", but oh well…

Same thing happened last time.

GW: Give us your questions for AOS!
Idiots: Herp derp age of suckmar is awful bring back warhammer fantasy!

Archived