The End Times Battletome needs YOUR help!

Hey guys! Creator of the End Times battletome here. I'm currently in the middle of a massive overhaul of the tome. One of my main goals is to replace all art with pictures of models. Your models. There's room for 2 pictures on every battleplans, which means 98 pictures! And since these are taken from all sorts of armies, I can't fill all the blanks myself. So I turn to you awesome people. I need a huge amount of pictures, from all sorts of armies. You can get your models into the tome, and help out the largest community project (in word count) on the scene!

To show you guys what I'm looking for, here's a preview of a couple of pages:

5922c728637ec_Khaine2preview1.jpg.0829a74128e23b5207d08bfa7d0f130e.jpg

5922c7341320f_Thanquol4Preview1.jpg.07164530a100268d530ad05d8e466eb4.jpg

Obviously, these are both WIP. But you get the idea. And you might see just how many models I need for this project! It's crazy, but it's also going to be crazy cool when its done. And you can be a part. The only requirement is that the models are on round bases. This is Age of Sigmar, after all! As you can see, I need single-model pictures for the left page and multi-model/battle scene pictures for the right.

So, what armies do I need pictures of?

Empire

Bretonnia

High Elves

Dark Elves

Wood Elves

Lizardmen

Nurgle mortals, daemons

Khorne Mortals, daemons

Generic Chaos Mortals

Skaven

Beastmen

Forest Goblins

A pretty long list then. That's what I'm looking for right now. But if you have an awesome model not on this list, I'm happy to take a look. Special characters are especially appreciated! Anyone mentioned during the ET will have special priority, Malekith, Imrik, Karl Franz, Queek etc. Gotta have them all!

Thanks for your time, and I hope you guys want to contribute!

Hey @Darth Alec,

I could help you out with the following if you want it;

Dark Elf Warlocks
Dark Elf Battle Standard
Dark Elf Beastmaster on Manticore
Forgeworld Basilisk (not sure if useful tbh)

Orghotts Daemonspew
Blightkings
Giant Rats!!

All nicely painted. Everything else I have is pretty much post End Times or still on squares.

let me know if interested.

@PhoenixTheCat - He's looking for round bases :) 

Not sure if these are any good for the Beastmen and generic Chaos Mortals, but your more than welcome to use them if they are ( i have higher res versions):

Beastmen

group001small.jpg.fd3aefad2d4f4cbad48abeb9ba05b24f.jpg

Chaos Mortals

5922d35306679_C_EWyRuXsAEFxwk(1).jpg.0c10b73862806e5ce6d4764862ce8a80.jpg

C_EWyRtXYAANk9C.jpg.a79a3b6132a28678ca6c3057ba21f406.jpg

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey @Darth Alec,

I could help you out with the following if you want it;

Dark Elf Warlocks
Dark Elf Battle Standard
Dark Elf Beastmer on Manticore
Forgeworld Basilisk (not sure if useful tbh)

Orghotts Daemonspew
Blightkings
Giant Rats!!

All nicely painted. Everything else I have is pretty much post End Times or still on squares.

let me know if interested.

This would be a great help! The Elf standard Bearer and Orghotts are a must have for me. Exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking for! I'm sure I can find a good use for a unit picture of Warlocks and the Giant Rats as well.

Sure you don't have some Malekith's lying around with round bases? I can promise a very prominent place in the tome ;)

2 hours ago, Bueno said:

Not sure if these are any good for the Beastmen and generic Chaos Mortals, but your more than welcome to use them if they are ( i have higher res versions):

Beastmen

*pic*

Chaos Mortals

*pic*

This is amazing! I would very much like to have these in the tome. I'll PM you my mail, if you don't mind sending me some higher res versions :)

2 hours ago, PhoenixTheCat said:

Do they need to be on square bases? Also can I do conversions?

Conversions are fine! I would like them to be on rounds though. Squares are so 2015.

So if you've got something cool lying around, it's all cool. Or if you feel the need to paint up an older model or convert an old favorite, it'd earn a place of honour in the tome :)

9 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

This would be a great help! The Elf standard Bearer and Orghotts are a must have for me. Exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking for! I'm sure I can find a good use for a unit picture of Warlocks and the Giant Rats as well.

Sure you don't have some Malekith's lying around with round bases? I can promise a very prominent place in the tome ;)

Unfortunately not...if only they made a new model for him back in End Times! After all I was the Eternity King before I was the Megaboss! ;) 

Thought you might like Orghotts. Perhaps DM me your e-mail address and I'll sort something out?

Chris

9 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Conversions are fine! I would like them to be on rounds though. Squares are so 2015.

So if you've got something cool lying around, it's all cool. Or if you feel the need to paint up an older model or convert an old favorite, it'd earn a place of honour in the tome :)

Well, I have a converted Skink Chief on a Slaughterbrute's head, but he's on a square. I need to finish him up though.

@Darth Alec

Sup dude, I have buttloads of vintage Dwarfs, a few High Elves and a single Empire Master Engineer on rounds. My bff also has a ton of round based forest goblins on small, big and really big spiders as well as on foot.

sQEHbFt.jpg

iVruxct.jpg

2dRgN3k.jpg

Special character wise I've got Bugman (and his rangers) painted up and round based and currently have Belegar, Ungrim Ironfist, Balthasar Gelt and Valten 2 in my to do pile, so could probably be persuaded to prioritise them. I could also squeeze Thorgrim and King Kazador out too, but I'm not massively psyched to put paint on them right now.

Re: the stuff I've got: If you give me a list of the kind of shots you want I can try and get them in over the weekend. Would Bloodbound be an appropriate stand-in for the Khornate forces the Dwarfs fight in End Times: Archaon?

I might be able to help out on the Chaos Mortals and Empire front.

More on the mortals side, I have: 

20 Chaos Warriors (2 units, 1 with Hand Weapons and Shield, 1 with 2x Hand Weapons)

10 Marauders

5 Marauder Horsemen

5 Chaos Knights

10 Chaos Chosen

2 Chaos Sorcerer

1 Chaos Lord

1 Exalted Hero

1 Chaos Gargant

1 Be'Lakor

ArmyShotMarch.jpg.92b50639fe6942690ebc476fc997eb75.jpg

That's a shot of some of them.

As for Empire, it's not quite as many and they're not completely based yet (No shrubbery), but I currently have:

5 Swordsmen (5 with command currently wip)

10 Greatswords

20 Handgunners

5 Pistoliers

3 Demigryphs

1 Empire General on foot (Hammer + Pistol)

They're in a white and blue colour scheme, so might make sense for Middenheim based scenarios.

12 hours ago, PhoenixTheCat said:

Well, I have a converted Skink Chief on a Slaughterbrute's head, but he's on a square. I need to finish him up though.

I would prefer if he was on a round base. It makes my job harder, but the result is better.

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

@Darth Alec

Sup dude, I have buttloads of vintage Dwarfs, a few High Elves and a single Empire Master Engineer on rounds. My bff also has a ton of round based forest goblins on small, big and really big spiders as well as on foot.

*snip pics*

Special character wise I've got Bugman (and his rangers) painted up and round based and currently have Belegar, Ungrim Ironfist, Balthasar Gelt and Valten 2 in my to do pile, so could probably be persuaded to prioritise them. I could also squeeze Thorgrim and King Kazador out too, but I'm not massively psyched to put paint on them right now.

Re: the stuff I've got: If you give me a list of the kind of shots you want I can try and get them in over the weekend. Would Bloodbound be an appropriate stand-in for the Khornate forces the Dwarfs fight in End Times: Archaon?

Great stuff man! Would love to have some of that in the tome. Will send you a PM so we don't clutter up the thread :)

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I might be able to help out on the Chaos Mortals and Empire front.

More on the mortals side, I have: 

20 Chaos Warriors (2 units, 1 with Hand Weapons and Shield, 1 with 2x Hand Weapons)

10 Marauders

5 Marauder Horsemen

5 Chaos Knights

10 Chaos Chosen

2 Chaos Sorcerer

1 Chaos Lord

1 Exalted Hero

1 Chaos Gargant

1 Be'Lakor

*snip picture*

That's a shot of some of them.

As for Empire, it's not quite as many and they're not completely based yet (No shrubbery), but I currently have:

5 Swordsmen (5 with command currently wip)

10 Greatswords

20 Handgunners

5 Pistoliers

3 Demigryphs

1 Empire General on foot (Hammer + Pistol)

They're in a white and blue colour scheme, so might make sense for Middenheim based scenarios.

Will send you a PM! Both your Empire and the Chaos are of interest :)

7 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

I would prefer if he was on a round base. It makes my job harder, but the result is better.

I can't rebase him, yet I do have other stuff, including a Starpriest who also is on a square. (I just think they look better for some heros.)

On 23.5.2017 at 10:33 PM, PhoenixTheCat said:

I can't rebase him, yet I do have other stuff, including a Starpriest who also is on a square. (I just think they look better for some heros.)

Cool, what have you got? As I mentioned, I want to keep this thing on rounds, as far as possible. But anything you might have or be willing to put on rounds is of interest :)

I'm going to write a list of characters that I really want pictures of. If anyone has these guys, please shout out! Conversions, as long as they make sense, are no issue. And if you've got something not on this list, don't be discouraged. I've got room. So much room. You can get your guy in the battletome!

Elves

Malekith

Imrik

Malus Darkblade

Korhil

Morathi

Caradryan

Humans

Karl Franz

Ludwig Schawrtzhelm

Leon Leoncour

Undead

Heinrich Kemmler

Settra

Dwarfs

Ungrim Ironfist

Belegar

Chaos

Chrom the Conqueror

The Glottkin

Orghotts Daemonspew

Be'lakor

8 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Cool, what have you got? As I mentioned, I want to keep this thing on rounds, as far as possible. But anything you might have or be willing to put on rounds is of interest :)

I have a Troglodon, and Oxyotl. Is it okay if Oxyotl has a cat on his head?

• 2 weeks later...

@Darth Alec I'm coming to this thread very late but I may be able to help. Everything is on square basis but if you need specific models I'd be willing to move them up the conversion queue.

From your last list I have:

Imrik - I have two dragons, this one and this one

Korhil

Caradryan

Leon Leoncour - an old version

Heinrich Kemmler

Let me know if you need any of these, I'll post pictures as they are and if you need try to rebase.

On 29.5.2017 at 0:40 AM, PhoenixTheCat said:

I have a Troglodon, and Oxyotl. Is it okay if Oxyotl has a cat on his head?

Conversions are fine! I'll send you a PM :)

8 hours ago, Liath said:

@Darth Alec I'm coming to this thread very late but I may be able to help. Everything is on square basis but if you need specific models I'd be willing to move them up the conversion queue.

From your last list I have:

Imrik - I have two dragons, this one and this one

Korhil

Caradryan

Leon Leoncour - an old version

Heinrich Kemmler

Let me know if you need any of these, I'll post pictures as they are and if you need try to rebase.

You are a hero. I need all of those. Especially the elves. Will be sending you a PM. You might be my saving grace here!

2 hours ago, Nord said:

I got some images of Nurgle Daemons if these are of interest. 

* picture snip *

Also got some dwarfs, not sure if these are on your list?

*picture snip *

Those pictures are brilliant! Exactly the sort I'd like more of. I'd be happy to take a picture of that Great Unclean one off your hands as well.

20 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

You are a hero. I need all of those. Especially the elves. Will be sending you a PM. You might be my saving grace here!

Ok here's the models I have. I can rebase them (and I think Heinrich needs finishing off). If you've got other options I'd rather not use the dragons - I'd need to dig out and paint the riders and rebase them.

Let me know what you need!

IMG_7959.JPG

IMG_7960.JPG

IMG_7961.JPG

IMG_7962.JPG

18 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I've got my Bloodbound and planning on having some games this weekend against Nurgle (Daemon) and Stormcast, so happy to grab the camera and take some shots if that's any help?

If you can grab some nice shots of non-AoS models, that would be ace. Both Nurgle and Khorne are plentiful in the End Times. Trying to keep this to models only from the Old World though, so please keep that in mind :)

Just now, Darth Alec said:

If you can grab some nice shots of non-AoS models, that would be ace. Both Nurgle and Khorne are plentiful in the End Times. Trying to keep this to models only from the Old World though, so please keep that in mind :)

No problems, I know pretty much all of the Nurgle models are pre-AoS and Wrathmongers/Skullreapers will be too so can try and focus on those.

Archived