Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

25 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Next Stream reveal.  New Battletome is very comprehensive, it's got a painting and modelling guide and a tactics guide too.

Each unit is airborne, so all units on foot come in an airship of somekind (sorry, I didn't what airships go with each unit).

This actually means we might see units packaged with the appropriate airship - which explains why the airships don't appear to come out of the same set of parts.

Kharadron Overlords pick a city they come from and receive rules from "the code" based on that choice.

They're also slightly larger than previous Duardin.

I don't think they'd limit what they can carry based on the ship just how much a particular ship can carry. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tiny snippet now - one of the sky ports has a Fyreslayer lodge in it.

None of the "listed" colour schemes are red, however there's nothing stopping you creating your own sky port!

WarhammerTV will cover the larger Kharadron units but the colour schemes aren't planned (so request them on Facebook).

Just now, Shorewood said:

I don't think they'd limit what they can carry based on the ship just how much a particular ship can carry. 

The impression I got from listening to Eddie was that each unit will start the game in an airship and the type they begin the game in will be whatever their "own" airship is (same as 40k dedicated transports), during the game there won't be an restriction

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

A tiny snippet now - one of the sky ports has a Fyreslayer lodge in it.

None of the "listed" colour schemes are red, however there's nothing stopping you creating your own sky port!

WarhammerTV will cover the larger Kharadron units but the colour schemes aren't planned (so request them on Facebook).

The impression I got from listening to Eddie was that each unit will start the game in an airship and the type they begin the game in will be whatever their "own" airship is (same as 40k dedicated transports), during the game there won't be an restriction

Odd considering the leak has a red ship as a piece of art. 

I'm tempted to go red. But I might go Dark grey / sickly blue as I'm going for .... Cursed Crew type theme for the army.

22 minutes ago, Dez said:

Cool theme, April. That's something I was thinking about today, because I think the basing is going to be really important. I also liked that image of the red ship!

I have always  found Basing to be hard

How does the twitch stream work and when is the next reveal for the overlords?? I'm going to do a themed break off city from one of the larger ones. My guys are all about descending from the heavens to reclaim treasure from the lost Karaks and raid aether gold on their expeditions. 

48 minutes ago, Ulrock said:

How does the twitch stream work and when is the next reveal for the overlords?? I'm going to do a themed break off city from one of the larger ones. My guys are all about descending from the heavens to reclaim treasure from the lost Karaks and raid aether gold on their expeditions. 

Yeah, im waiting for the battletome to make my theme decisions:)  hopefully they release a novel too!

30 minutes ago, OlDirtyCosta said:

Yeah, im waiting for the battletome to make my theme decisions:)  hopefully they release a novel too!

I'm waiting for the lore before writing up their connection to my existing sylvaneth army.  I'm thinking that its going to be based around a vein of aether gold that flowed through a realm gate to the realm of life. 

52 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Do we know for sure the base sizes of the ships (in mm, not by naming other things that use those bases)?

The imperial knight Base is 170mm oval. It is the same as the stardrake so that comparison pic I posted a while ago should be accurate.

The medium size ship looks like a 120mm oval which is the same as the magmadroth.

6 hours ago, Ulrock said:

Twitch is just live streaming, most weeks GW does a WarhammerTV stream, you just find WarhammerTV on twitch.tv and away you go.  Normally you'd want to tune in on Wednesday afternoon (AoS day) or Thursday afternoon (design chat and similar).  This week is a bit different as they're streaming from Adepticon so we've got four day's worth of streamed games.

6 minutes ago, Karchev23 said:

Was all this info on warhammer tv?

Yup, it was pretty much "pillow talk" between Rob and Eddie during the first game.

20 hours ago, ZealousJ said:

I'm just curious and not trying to put a negative spin on things :

Do the majority of people who loved them when revealed still love them?

Because I still think they look awful. I'm happy for the aesthetic to change and for the factions to be taken in new directions. I just feel the models are awkward, over designed and goofy.

Again, I'm not trying to get people down. I'm happy to not like a faction that the majority of people like. I'm just curious to see if the initial we enthusiasm was genuine or as a result of a desperately waited for new dwarfy release.

I guess I'd like to know how weird I am :)

They exceeded my expectations. I was a bit afraid they might stop halfway with designing a steampunk race but thankfully they didn't. Otherwise I think we would get a race that would neither please those who wanted Steampunk Duardin to be more dispossessed, nor those that wanted them to be more technologically advanced. They have so many great details that make them stand out of minis produced by other companies. They could have gone the easy road but instead we have something really unique. I think that possibilities for expansions for that race are trully endless. Skyships, mechs, battlesuits, golems. I'm probably grabbing my own box of them on premiere.

I'm lucky that I work at home and can tune into the streams most of the time. At the moment they started talking KO, I was of course distracted working a support shift (is it ok to say I was distracted by work? Haha). I need to go back and watch it again, luckily I caught a lot of it subconsciously :)

Archived