Becoming a StormBro. Ben's Stormcast Blog

Ben

I'm planning ahead a little here but do you think that the Stormcast can work as a mobile gun line.  

I'm seeing the Celestant Prime to take on the heavy work load and bring the pain where needed backed up by a full shooting army.  No paladins.  All judicators and the new Vanguard units.  

What does everyone think?  Are the hard hitters required or will captain underpants coming down out of the sky be enough? 

So long as Tournament scoring is solely about mission success, and if KPs continue to be not taken into account, then movement remains king. I'd say in a lot of cases paladins are taken purely because they comprise part of a funky movement formation. If that no longer becomes a requirement then yes, I definitely see SE going full Wood Elf. 

I've been working on this guy for a while. 

I had an hour in him this afternoon to finish the weapon options and pose. 

He still needs a bit of free stuff and maybe a few more trinkets stuck in but he's done enough to show off. 

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

The base starts silver then gets Typhus Corrosion added.  I started painting it separate then decided to glue him down.  

Its just Stormhost Silver over bare plastic!

The reason the ground is silver is because they are fighting in a region on the realm of Chamon where all the terrain is metal.

On October 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Malakithe said:

They would look good with a head swap. I was actually looking into Horus Heresy legion heads to swap with...once I actually nail down a 2k list

Wow - light infantry Stormbros! I'm going to get some more Scribor Spartan heads and convert a bunch of my Chaos warrior dudes from the starter set that I'm finding it hard to want to paint. Now we just need light infantry stats.

Really like the work on the conversion. One area where I think he'd be improved is swapping out the shield for a round one to match the lightly armoured aesthetic. Painting wise, plenty of scar tissue would help to show the trauma of reforging and give him a lot of character.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:11 PM, Ben said:

bona-fide StormBro

You sure are. I love SC so much, their background, aesthetic, everything about them is just the best. Every time I see anything about them anywhere I just can't keep myself from smiling.  We should be friends :) 

Archived