'Competitive' Ironjawz

Malakithe

Little titbits but looks good so far, charging in the opponents phase on 1/3 chance is massive chucking 3 gorepigs (or a lone Warchanter) under a bus to save your brutes or boss from a nasty charge could be game winning and it gives ironjawz a bit of s defensive option if your on the wrong end of a double turn

the allegience ability looks good though will take some planning to really get the most out of it, losing the d6" is going to change tactics a lot but this does give us new things to think about. 

Formation looks pretty good too (would like to have seen what's in it as well, I'm not greedy!) as chaos players have seen -1 to hit is really good for the first turn it is a shame you need to roll for it though! (Like I said not greedy)

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I knew it...so the first battalion could be 'decent' at best. And so far the allegiance is trash. Like I said unless there is movement involved then no one will use them. The -1 to hit from enemies kinda helps mitigate dmg as they cross the field slowly but I still dont think thats better then Destruction + Ironfist. 

Depending on the size and points cost for that battalion it could be good when coupled with Rampaging/Ravager. Slightly slower, slightly tankier. Assuming general Destruction isnt tweaked/nerfed. 

But there is still hope in some movement in the 2nd battalion. And hopefully thats not the only allegiance ability. And I wish the shaman would have got to cast 2 spells. Since he is the biggest and best shaman he should be able to cast 2 spells...

So far out of all the leaks/previews it looks like Fyreslayers are going to top very soon lol

2 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

In terms of the gargants, surely it's all but confirming they're now 200 points.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Didn't they say they were cheaper? So they are 180 now, maybe 160 now? Still can't fit more than 2 in 400 points

You're right they do say cheaper, my bad. Must be 160 then, do we think they would try making then less? Not that I would complain at 140, means at 1k you can take a grot shaman too

Edit: didn't realise moonclan don't have ironjawz listed as an ally. Hope ironjawz can take them just not the other way around. Come on gw, don't make ironjawz loners.

At 140 or 160, they are a serious consideration now for some armies. They were already not "bad" at 180, it was just hard to fit them in. 

Looking forward to this new book more and more. 

On the battle trait and formation teasers, it could be worse. Don't think it's as bad as it looks at first glance. 

44 minutes ago, Beardbattered said:

AoSGenHandbook-Destruction-Image2hrx.jpg.90d98f44b78de35b90907077ad9adbee.jpg

Any speculation on what #4 Bestial Charisma is going to be?  Based on the text that is visible, do you think we could be getting an inspiring presence bubble?

I think first string will be like this:

When general uses the Inspiring Presense command ability .... can pile in x" rather than 3" ... 

It looks underwhelming at current, to say the least. I'm almost certain we'll see a nerf to Rampaging Destroyers as the Grand Allegiance-trait, and these leaks does nothing to address the two primary concerns of the Ironjawz of current, which is the lack of bravery and mortal wounds. If we get slower and killier, but keep the same issues we have now, we're going to go from "not really good" to "pretty bad" fast. It doesn't matter how much damage we can dish out if we have to rely on the Ironfist alone to get into combat. With the Mighty Hordes rule, I suspect Ardboys-blobs might well be the future (thank Mork I already have one).

As for allies, I HOPE we get access to some of the grots, but honestly think we will be limited to Gargants, BCR, Greenskins, Ogors and Bonesplitterz. From a lore perspective it would make no sense for Ironjawz to bring along grots with them, and I suspect this weighs heavier on the design team than actual game balance. I have an Arachnorok all ready to be converted and built, but not touching it until we actually know.

IF we get grots, however, and the Gargant drops to 160 points, I could well see double Gargant plus a Grot Shaman for Mystic Shield being a massive boost for us. Full infantry Ironjawz, no cabbage, supported by that could be rock hard.

53 minutes ago, Payce said:

As for allies, I HOPE we get access to some of the grots, but honestly think we will be limited to Gargants, BCR, Greenskins, Ogors and Bonesplitterz. From a lore perspective it would make no sense for Ironjawz to bring along grots with them, and I suspect this weighs heavier on the design team than actual game balance. I have an Arachnorok all ready to be converted and built, but not touching it until we actually know.

See I think everyone is looking at it the wrong way. Lore wise Ironjawz look down apon the other greenskinz, thats partially including Ardboys. Looking down on them doesnt mean they outright wont allow them to join them in battle. Isnt that how Waaaaaghs start? They all flock together regardless of who is in charge. Just cuz they think they are the best doesnt mean a good Warboss wont allow the lesser greenskinz to run ahead first as cannon fodder.

47 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

See I think everyone is looking at it the wrong way. Lore wise Ironjawz look down apon the other greenskinz, thats partially including Ardboys. Looking down on them doesnt mean they outright wont allow them to join them in battle. Isnt that how Waaaaaghs start? They all flock together regardless of who is in charge. Just cuz they think they are the best doesnt mean a good Warboss wont allow the lesser greenskinz to run ahead first as cannon fodder.

This exactly. Unless the ironjawz systematically killed all greenskins, then there is no way they could stop them following them on a waaagh, there must be more of them than ironjawz.

14 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

This exactly. Unless the ironjawz systematically killed all greenskins, then there is no way they could stop them following them on a waaagh, there must be more of them than ironjawz.

Right. And Irongjawz only got that large from fighting and living long enough to keep fighting. So im assuming they grew over time from smaller orruks. Unless they now are just grown that way...or however they are made lol

On 8/12/2017 at 1:06 PM, Payce said:

It looks underwhelming at current, to say the least. I'm almost certain we'll see a nerf to Rampaging Destroyers as the Grand Allegiance-trait, and these leaks does nothing to address the two primary concerns of the Ironjawz of current, which is the lack of bravery and mortal wounds. If we get slower and killier, but keep the same issues we have now, we're going to go from "not really good" to "pretty bad" fast. It doesn't matter how much damage we can dish out if we have to rely on the Ironfist alone to get into combat. With the Mighty Hordes rule, I suspect Ardboys-blobs might well be the future (thank Mork I already have one).

IF we get grots, however, and the Gargant drops to 160 points, I could well see double Gargant plus a Grot Shaman for Mystic Shield being a massive boost for us. Full infantry Ironjawz, no cabbage, supported by that could be rock hard.

5991ede60dcd3_ScreenShot2017-08-14at2_37_12PM.png.ddfeb048d0b25c0816440b18ca9450bb.png

Well this confirms that Deadly Squigs can be added "to your Ironjawz..." I'm sure the idea is rather that Ironjawz may not join other factions, as we can see, the moonclan grots cannot take Ironjawz as allies, but I'm sure any other destruction faction would love to fight along side the armored hoard of the Ironjawz. 

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

5991ede60dcd3_ScreenShot2017-08-14at2_37_12PM.png.ddfeb048d0b25c0816440b18ca9450bb.png

Well this confirms that Deadly Squigs can be added "to your Ironjawz..." I'm sure the idea is rather that Ironjawz may not join other factions, as we can see, the moonclan grots cannot take Ironjawz as allies, but I'm sure any other destruction faction would love to fight along side the armored hoard of the Ironjawz. 

This is interesting - Ironjawz are unable to be Allies themselves but can still take them. Think this is from a lore standpoint (Which makes total sense) or for balance? Maybe both? I haven't looked into it greatly but it'd be interesting which other factions remain pure in the fact they must always be the main forces.

Will

10 hours ago, William Dickinson said:

This is interesting - Ironjawz are unable to be Allies themselves but can still take them. Think this is from a lore standpoint (Which makes total sense) or for balance? Maybe both? I haven't looked into it greatly but it'd be interesting which other factions remain pure in the fact they must always be the main forces.

Will

See, I would've figured it'd be the opposite.

Grots and Orruks and the like would probably be happy enough to have a rag tag bunch of Ironjawz helping out in the battle (The Ironjawz presumably being paid well or in for a good scrap).

On the other hand, a big mob of Ironjawz is probably less likely to allow some weedy grots or greenskinz to hang around. What worth to those puny things have in battle compared to more Ironjawz?

Granted, I'm certainly not that familiar with the in depth Ironjawz fluff, but that's how I would see it.

Just now, Xelotath said:

Didn't it's stomping feet used to be 3d6 attacks at 4 wounds? 

I prefer the 2d6 if that's what caused it to drop to 400pts. It'll make a lovely ally

First string weapon was with -3 rend and second was with 3d6 attack at 4 wounds. Any way buff +1 cast and +1 bravery very important for ironjawz

6 minutes ago, Imperial said:

First string weapon was with -3 rend and second was with 3d6 attack at 4 wounds. Any way buff +1 cast and +1 bravery very important for ironjawz

That was it! Thanks.

yeah foot of gork will be going off easier and the ladz will hang around longer with those buffs I could see it being more useful than a cabbage! 

Im stoked that Ironjawz are alluded to in its fluff as well

Just now, Xelotath said:

That was it! Thanks.

yeah foot of gork will be going off easier and the ladz will hang around longer with those buffs I could see it being more useful than a cabbage! 

Im stoked that Ironjawz are alluded to in its fluff as well

After Khorne Vs Soulblight on warhammer TV i think we will got good points drop on cabbage and 10-20 point points drop on brutes and ardboys.

Archived