Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

What's gone down in points for you Tom? I was hoping for a small shift for warriors. Being able to field units of 5 is pretty cool though. 

Plague touched Warband was actually one of the battalions that went down in cost, which went from 140 to 100.  Likewise, my block of Chaos Warriors went from 540 to 480 because of the massive regiments.  I lost 40 points on Be'lakor, who went 240 to 280 and 40 points on my Sorc, who went from 120 to 160.  So my net gain is 20 points right now, and I previously had a 120 point reinforcement pool.  So, I still have a flex pool of 140 for my list.  Some of that will be eaten up by Sayl, assuming he is even still fieldable (personally, I think they are going to change the fly spell itself, which I won't have an interest in him if they do).  

If I have to drop him, I might go with a summoning option that lets me throw 3 dice at a spell and hope for a 20 block of Plaguebearers I can summon to slow the enemy's approach and give my Chaos Warriors time to advance.

(This is all assuming I don't jump ship to a SCE Vanguard Wing that would give me a teleporting block of 30 Liberators, whose mobility can't be stopped and who can string themselves out farther and who are a bajillion times more effective with all of their procs, as well as a host of ranged attacks)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Nurgle demons. 

I think this is a stopgap as it doesn't show the new hero

I can only hope and agree.

The Herald is still at 100 which is quite disappointing, as based off of my experiences, he probably should be 60 or something. He seems very underwhelming. No reduction on the Drones either is a surprise, as they are certainly no Kurnoth Hunters and probably should've gotten a sizable reduction too.

One glimmer of hope, though, is that they will change the warscrolls instead. The 40k equivalent of the Herald is much better! He has a +1 Strenght Aura, can cast a spell and hits on 2+. Plus the Herald of Nurgle cost 70 points.

The Drones too, as the drone mount have 4 attacks and the ranged attack can shoot twice, and the rider has built-in reroll capabilities.

Hopefully they will come in an save the day with a new Battletome that changes the warscrolls to bring all of the Nurgle Daemons in line with their 40k equivalents, as from my experiences, it is really only the Great Unclean One that I'd say is 'good'.

4 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Plague touched Warband was actually one of the battalions that went down in cost, which went from 140 to 100.  Likewise, my block of Chaos Warriors went from 540 to 480 because of the massive regiments.  I lost 40 points on Be'lakor, who went 240 to 280 and 40 points on my Sorc, who went from 120 to 160.  

Didn't notice the Plaguetouched has gone down! Sweet! And with warriors available in 5s you can run units of 14 without it hurting too much. 

1 hour ago, Spiky Norman said:

The Herald is still at 100 which is quite disappointing, as based off of my experiences, he probably should be 60 or something. He seems very underwhelming. No reduction on the Drones either is a surprise, as they are certainly no Kurnoth Hunters and probably should've gotten a sizable reduction too.

One glimmer of hope, though, is that they will change the warscrolls instead. The 40k equivalent of the Herald is much better! He has a +1 Strenght Aura, can cast a spell and hits on 2+. Plus the Herald of Nurgle cost 70 points.

The Drones too, as the drone mount have 4 attacks and the ranged attack can shoot twice, and the rider has built-in reroll capabilities.

Hopefully they will come in an save the day with a new Battletome that changes the warscrolls to bring all of the Nurgle Daemons in line with their 40k equivalents, as from my experiences, it is really only the Great Unclean One that I'd say is 'good'.

I think the new book will make some serious changes. It'd be a real shame to leave most of the Start Collecting box uncompetitive. I imagine the points cost won't change with the new battletome but the scrolls most likely will. 

I am hoping that they'll do it as soon as possibile: not only i am pretty tired of having the oldest model and rules of all my friends but also i can play like 1 list to have a fair matchup. Otherwise is completely un balanced in their favor. And will further do now since ironjawz got better and stormcast has always been an issue.

Imho the snail guy will be really powerful. To back up for plaguebearers and Nurglings which do 0 damage it must be a caterpillar (lol).

I will get the box if i can, not only for horticulus, but also because i think that daemons will be way stronger than mortals in the next battletome. Anyone knows points for rotbringers in the new GH?

The mail man was kind enough to deliver the GHB17 today, and I discovered something nice, that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else.

Blight Kings are battleline for an army with Nurgle allegiance - Not Mortal Nurgle, as in the previous edition.

Also 20% discount for their "Mighty Regiment", which is pretty decent. Though I'm not sure many would really want to field 20 Blight Kings in one unit.

Still I thought that was a nice little addition to the Nurgle forces.

10 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

The mail man was kind enough to deliver the GHB17 today, and I discovered something nice, that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else.

Blight Kings are battleline for an army with Nurgle allegiance - Not Mortal Nurgle, as in the previous edition. Also 20% discount for their "Might Regiment", which is pretty decent. Though I'm not sure many would really want to field 20 Blight Kings in one unit.

Still I thought that was a nice little addition to the Nurgle forces.

Any chance you could summarize the other rotbringers points changes?

2 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Any chance you could summarize the other rotbringers points changes?

Bloab/Morbidex/Orgohtts was reduced by 20, Glottkin by 60, and the Blight Kings gained the above mentioned. Blightguard doubled in price, though.

About the slight change to battleline-if for Blight Kings...It made me think that perhaps Mortal Nurgle is gone now. Just like Tzeentch and Khorne do not have any differentiation between mortal and daemons. It's all just Tzeentch and Khorne. Hopefully we'll see a Battletome then, that will contain both the Rotbringers and the Nurgle Daemons in one book.

No discount on the rotbringer sorceror or lord of plagues? And Festus and Harbringer didn't increase in points? Surprised there wasn't more fiddling in what's a really uneven list. 

Blight Guard doubling in price is pretty low consequence with Plaguetouched warband remaining cheap. 

8 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

No discount on the rotbringer sorceror or lord of plagues? And Festus and Harbringer didn't increase in points? Surprised there wasn't more fiddling in what's a really uneven list. 

Blight Guard doubling in price is pretty low consequence with Plaguetouched warband remaining cheap. 

Nope. I was also pretty disappointed to see that they didn't adjust the points of the Nurgle daemons either, because most of it is pretty unimpressive for their points.

Also worth noting - Nurgle daemons are one of the very few factions within Chaos, that doesn't have a list of who they can ally with. So strictly speaking Nurgle Daemons cannot use allies. But then Rotbringers don't even have Daemons of Nurgle in their Allies list. So all in all I presume this was left unfinished because of an impending Battletome.

Just playing around with possible lists, I think something like this could play well to the scenarios. Blightkings boosted by the Warshrine will absolutely mulch infantry (assuming there's easy access to +1 to hit for nurgle), and the two behemoth heroes are solid options to score on scenarios. 

Harbringer of Decay  140
The Glottkin 420
Festus the Leechlord 120
Orghotts Daemonspew 240
20 Blightkings 580
Chaos Warshrine 180
5 Warriors 90
5 Warriors 90
Plaguetouched Warband 100

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Thoughts on new exalted guo?

Imho is he's really good now!

500 points but 3+, 16 wounds, good command, guo keyword, disgustingly resilient... And the shooting attack is just lol

The scroll I see on Forgeworld has him on 15 wounds, without the Great Unclean One keyword, and the same really lackluster command ability as the normal Great Unclean One, so...I'm not too sure he is worth 500pts. I can get two normal Great Uncleans Ones for less. Granted because he has more wounds, he is harder to take down, but still. I'm not sold, I must admit.

39 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

The scroll I see on Forgeworld has him on 15 wounds, without the Great Unclean One keyword, and the same really lackluster command ability as the normal Great Unclean One, so...I'm not too sure he is worth 500pts. I can get two normal Great Uncleans Ones for less. Granted because he has more wounds, he is harder to take down, but still. I'm not sold, I must admit.

U find the new scroll in the thread of updated warscrolls for fw

17 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

U find the new scroll in the thread of updated warscrolls for fw

Ah, I see they updated the page on the community site, as previously the Monsterous Arcanum section didn't have a link, plus the warscrolls linked on Forgeworlds own site is still displaying the old ones it seems.

Well, this new warscroll is certainly an upgrade. Much better Command ability and with the GUO keyword it should be able to be used in the Tallyband, even if it's doubled in price. If you don't plan on running the newly discounted Glottkin as your general to use his Command ability, then this one seems like a solid choice, as the command ability on the normal GUO is fairly tame.

Still...It's 500pts, but definitely worth considering :-)

I didn't watch the stream, but people were saying 200 Points for Horticulux, and he buffs the beasts of nurgle. People were guessing maybe new beast models, new GUO, and maybe they will redo one of the small heroes to match what they did with Tzeentch.

IF anyone actually watched the stream sorry if that's completely wrong haha

Archived