For Plunder, - A Khardron Overlords Plog

April

Hello

This is my first Aos, plog, or any Blog to do with AOS or Painting honestly.

So we have my very fist AOS figure.... The poor Admiral... Who knew what would happen to him when He met the Infamous Captain Purplebeard...

Seems he Became Part of that Dastardly Pirates Fleet.... Cursed by the very Curse he hoped to stop..... Seems like trying to Plunder Aether Gold in the Realm of Death has Consequences.....

(Note that I hope other overlord players / painters post WIP here,  Its perfectly cool with me. ) 

Stand By for the painting to begin!

Thank you for looking.

IMG_6625.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6626.JPG

2 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

Looks good so far, I'll be following with interest.

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Nasnad said:

Looks good so far - What sky port are you going for? custom or one of the big 6?

And what colors did you use for the bronze?

It's probably Custom. I'm not sure what code, Amendment, and footnote ill be using.

The background is they are pirates who were cursed into death by a Necromancer.. a tale so other Overlords do not get too greedy in their search for Gold.

If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them.

The Bronze was done as follows.

It's quite a long process, 

I use a very thin wash as an undercoat/primer this is Ghost grey (Celestra grey GW ) with 4/1 water. This takes at least 12 hours to dry.

Then I use Leadbelcher to lay my first metal, again I use water to thin it this time 3/1 approximately. It should be about half as thick as layer paints.

Now I use a blue shade this is Drakenhof Nightshade, I use this with a bit of water, and wait till it dries. 

Then I use a gold Retributor armour, it basically adds a bridge between the dark iron of Leadbelcher and  Scorpion bronze.

This was used about 2/1.. important here is to make sure you get everything you want bronze or a lighter gold covered... as its a nice foundation for that.

Now I use Scorpion bronze, mine was kinda thick, so I thinned it a little more than usual. One coat, it's fine if it's a little thin in places, as I add a second coat later.

Reikland fleshshade, 2/1 shade with water. All over, I let it catch in the recessed parts just a little.

Now Scorpion Bronze again. This time I tidy up thin areas, and reapply Riekland fleshshade if I make a mistake.

Now lastly, I added a final shade. If you prefer a more shiny bronze, I'd advise you not to do this as it muted it quite a lot.

I used my go-to Shade which is....Agrax Earthshade, mine was the Matt one. Fairly liberally, half and half with water

This is where I am now. Ill add my next stages later on today or tomorrow, if your interested, I'll be highlighting next.

Thank you for asking, Hope this was able to help. :)

Brilliant I've just started some KO myself, so this is great to see someone else doing the same and what you do will hopefully help inspire me.

I love the lore giving them that theme will add a nice splash of unique character. Will you be adding rust (I'm eager to see how the effect looks on them but unlikely to do it myself).

I like the exposed flesh will you give him any face tattoos? The unarmoured picture had the impressive green tattoos and looks like 1 may stripe down the face. 

I look forward to seeing this grow.

-VonRunestorm

@VonRunestorm Thank you for the kind words.  Unfortunately Ryza Rust is not a paint i have yet, It should arrive this week.

As many of you kind people have noticed I have not started on any Arkanaut Company, This is because i need another two Pikes... though luckily i have two Hooks if people want to trade. I dont want to paint them before i have the bits required.

Next on the block is my  First frigate which i'll assemble tomorrow.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, April said:

@VonRunestorm Thank you for the kind words.  Unfortunately Ryza Rust is not a paint i have yet, It should arrive this week.

As many of you kind people have noticed I have not started on any Arkanaut Company, This is because i need another two Pikes... though luckily i have two Hooks if people want to trade. I dont want to paint them before i have the bits required.

Next on the block is my  First frigate which i'll assemble tomorrow.

I got two pikes and am in need of two hooks!  Hmu!

As a Death player, realllly like this theme, if i had a better imagination I'd be on something other than Barak Nar!

Keep up the good work!

As to your question @VonRunestorm its part of his skull and ribs that are exposed, please forgive my tiredness in answering you.

@Tittliewinks22 I happy to trade... if you are?

Today I took a look at the Frigate and honestly its quite overwhelming a kit. 

...I can only hint at this for now...There's something strange about this crew...

This gets better with each addition! Great work. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Fingers crossed for a Ghost ship!

@April Just a few hints if you haven't built your Frigate yet!

It's uh a little heavy at the back when built if you don't glue it in so just a heads up. Also if your thinking of transport options the Large orb and it's struts are heavy enough that if you pin the bottom of the struts they will hold themselves in and the smaller struts are quite safe if you glue the vent to the ship that connects to the large orb.

-VonRunestorm

@VonRunestorm cheers for the advice. The ship is definitely going to look old and, just as cursed as its crew.

I read the flight stand is very poor is yours okay?.

I can only imagine the Ironclad to need something far more substantial than the stand included

1 hour ago, April said:

@VonRunestorm cheers for the advice. The ship is definitely going to look old and, just as cursed as its crew.

I read the flight stand is very poor is yours okay?.

I can only imagine the Ironclad to need something far more substantial than the stand included

Not a problem. That sounds cool. well in part ive discovered you have to be carefull that you have it facing the right side as if you have it on the wrong way it will try to tilt.

I agree with the Ironclad might pose a problem but nothing that a bit of pinning can't fix.

-VonRunestorm

Archived