Let's chat Kharadron Overlords

Dez

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hi everyone!! I'm a Kharadron Player since first release (was March? or maybe April, don't remember), and my main issues with our beloved faction is....our boats.

I can play with one Ironclad (we try to avoid the "clown-fiesta delivery" tactic btw) but my Frigate or Gunhauler doesn't seems to be worth their points (using footnote to move something is not enough for their cost), they have some problems between their utility and their dmg ouput, so they sink alot of points to do little to nothing . So, knowing that, I want to know your opinion about what I want to believe will help ships in their dmg output : the Lord-Ordinator.

So, what do you think about that dude?  Or are we going to need to wait until mid/end summer to see what brings for us the new GHB2018 to use Frigates and Gunhaulers?

P.D: Sorry for my english :(

The Lord-Ordin-arr-tor (as pronounced on the WHTV articles...  what an odd way to say it) looks like a fun character, I already use an Azyros and can see a space for both in KO lists. He is a bit of a gun-line character though, so suits Mhornar lists with re-rolls to hit. It would be a pretty spectacular castle youd be building trying to keep everyone in range of the various buffs, it already suffers from lack of mobility so might struggle to actually win even if you do table your opponent in turn 2 :D

I have frigates and gunhaulers so will be trying him out in a twin frigate list at some point. Not sure at this point how usefull it would be though.

10 minutes ago, brankignole said:

Hello, where did you get that information ?

This months WD, which has already gone out to subs.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’ve finally got a list that will win me a game:

Barak Urbaz

Aether-Khemist (general) with Aethershock Earburster and Gimlet Lens.

Ironclad with Great Sky Cannon and The Last Word.

Frigate with Heavy Sky Cannon.

10 Arkanauht Fighters with 3 light skyhooks.  Captain has Aetherflare pistol.

6 Endrinriggers

6 Endrinriggers 

Total: 1980pts.

I’m trying to strike a balance between a gun line and mobility.  I used this basic list for my last game a week ago today, and whilst I lost on objectives I really laid into my opponent.  Had the dice worked with me more, I may have won it.

I used Fleetmaster last time.  Now I’m considering Prospector.  Suggestions? 

15 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

I think I’ve finally got a list that will win me a game:

Barak Urbaz

Aether-Khemist (general) with Aethershock Earburster and Gimlet Lens.

Ironclad with Great Sky Cannon and The Last Word.

6 Endrinriggers

6 Endrinriggers 

Total: 1980pts.

I’m trying to strike a balance between a gun line and mobility.  I used this basic list for my last game a week ago today, and whilst I lost on objectives I really laid into my opponent.  Had the dice worked with me more, I may have won it.

I used Fleetmaster last time.  Now I’m considering Prospector.  Suggestions? 

Looks like a very mobile list!  I prefer to use the Aethermatic Volley Gun on the Ironclad, as it kills more for me than the cannon does.  And I personally would drop 1 frigate and grab some more models, as you have more troop capacity in your ships than troops!  So I'd suggest another Khemist, expanding an Arkanaut unit to 20, or getting some Skywardens for mobile support/objective grabbing.  Just some thoughts!  Also,  with that many ships, perhaps you should try Zilfin instead (would definitely want a second Khemist though).

I concur with a lot of what FractalRain said. One thing I'll point out imo if you aren't taking 9 Endrinriggers with 3 Grapnels, you are really missing out. Absolutely swear by it. It will give you enough killing power to get things done, and it is super mobile. I've been playing with a unit like that an 3 Skywardens and it's been really great.

Hello everyone! 

I think I need some help.
There is going to be mini-tournament in the future. We play 1500 points (with the 1000p restrictions). Normally I don't struggle too much with my dwarfs but it looks like this time the other armies will all be a bit more competitive and I don't want to loose every game.
This is want I planned to play:

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Zilfin
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People
Aether-Khemist (140)
- General
- Trait: Fleetmaster  
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster  
Knight-Azyros (80)
- Allies
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 1x Grapnel Launchers
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Aethermatic Volley Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Aetherspheric Endrinds (Barak-Zilfin Skyvessel)
Grundstok Gunhauler (220)
- Main Gun: Drill Cannon

Total: 1500 / 1500
Allies: 80 / 400

I want to go for a toned down Barak-Zilfin "clown car". I plan on going second. The Knight and the Gunhauler in the backfield, trying to survive the first round and capture objectives close by, while I drop the Ironclad in the enemy zone and try to eliminate important units and pray for a double turn.

I know that the Gunhauler is not the most efficient model but I didnt wanted to max out everything. And I only have 6 Riggers at the moment. 
Besides these points, is this strategy good? I havent used Zilfin yet as I had sticked to Urbaz since release.

New to the army. I play Nurgle mostly in 40k but got my feet wet with Path of Glory and planning out a 2000 point list. Most likely going with Urbaz but Mhornar wouldn't be bad.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact : Aethershock Earbuster

Aether-Khemist (140)

Arkanaut Admiral (140) 

General Units
10 x Arkanaut Company (120) - 3 x Skypikes

10 x Arkanaut Company (120) - 3 x Light Skyhooks

3 x Skywardens (100) -3 x Aethermatic Volley Guns

6 x Endrinriggers (240) - 1 x Grapnel Launchers

Behemoths
Celestial Hurricanum (380) - Allies War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440) - Main Gun : Aethermatic Volley Cannon - Great Endrinworks : The Last Word

6 hours ago, AVowofSilence said:
New to the army. I play Nurgle mostly in 40k but got my feet wet with Path of Glory and planning out a 2000 point list. Most likely going with Urbaz but Mhornar wouldn't be bad.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Aether-Khemist (140)

Aether-Khemist (140)

Arkanaut Admiral (140) 

General Units

Behemoths
Arkanaut Ironclad (440) - Main Gun : Aethermatic Volley Cannon - Great Endrinworks : The Last Word

You cannot use 3xAethermatic Volley Guns with 3 skywarden

3 skywarden can use 1 Volley gun ,1drill cannon(or skyhook or grapel) and 1 vulcaniser Pistol with skypike

Hi, guys, I wan to ask.

in battle tome ko writes:

. If all(!!!!) the units(!!!) and warscroll battalions (!!!!) in your army are KHARADRON OVERLORDS,
then it has the KHARADRON OVERLORDS allegiance. An army with the KHARADRON OVERLORDS allegiance

– sometimes known as aKHARADRON OVERLORDS army – canuse the potent allegiance abilities found
on the following pages.

Its mean if i take allegiance unit (fyreslayer berserks) I cant use Skyport abilities ?

thx a lot, sry for my eng )

43 minutes ago, azmar said:

Hi, guys, I wan to ask.

in battle tome ko writes:

. If all(!!!!) the units(!!!) and warscroll battalions (!!!!) in your army are KHARADRON OVERLORDS,
then it has the KHARADRON OVERLORDS allegiance. An army with the KHARADRON OVERLORDS allegiance

– sometimes known as aKHARADRON OVERLORDS army – canuse the potent allegiance abilities found
on the following pages.

Its mean if i take allegiance unit (fyreslayer berserks) I cant use Skyport abilities ?

thx a lot, sry for my eng )

Allies use in matched play is explained in the Generals Handbook, you keep your allegiance if you follow the allies rules.

15 hours ago, AVowofSilence said:

Aether-Khemist (140)

Aether-Khemist (140)

Arkanaut Admiral (140) 

General Units

Behemoths

I'm really curious about this list. I though about nice conversion boat/celestia. The spell access and the buff is really interesting but I’m afraid this addition coast a lost of firepower (about 3 unit) and mostly a huge increase of weakness/fragility... if you aren't using Zilfin or drop, but considering  the hurricanum lack  of speed, I wonder if th ironclad isn’t the overcoasting add on ?

just questioning, what about switching the ironclad for 10arkanaut (for a 20 unit) 6 other rigger (for a 9 and a 3 unit) and 3 warden (for a 6 unit)

Anyway, let me know if you try that list 

29 minutes ago, Djoblo said:

I'm really curious about this list. I though about nice conversion boat/celestia. The spell access and the buff is really interesting but I’m afraid this addition coast a lost of firepower (about 3 unit) and mostly a huge increase of weakness/fragility... if you aren't using Zilfin or drop, but considering  the hurricanum lack  of speed, I wonder if th ironclad isn’t the overcoasting add on ?

just questioning, what about switching the ironclad for 10arkanaut (for a 20 unit) 6 other rigger (for a 9 and a 3 unit) and 3 warden (for a 6 unit)

Anyway, let me know if you try that list 

I know nothing about nothing but the Hurricanum moves 10, I don't know if that's slow but its faster then any of the KO units on foot. You are correct it is expensive, its basically more expensive then a Frigate that has a completely different utility.  I can live without the Hurricanum maybe take another allied unit or none at all.  

22 minutes ago, AVowofSilence said:

I know nothing about nothing but the Hurricanum moves 10, I don't know if that's slow but its faster then any of the KO units on foot. You are correct it is expensive, its basically more expensive then a Frigate that has a completely different utility.  I can live without the Hurricanum maybe take another allied unit or none at all.  

You might have to live without it, as in GHB2017 Kharadron cannot ally with Collegiate Arcane for matched play. I appreciate some tournaments and groups are more flexible on this but just wanted to let you know if you didnt already.  Unless you want to just run as Order allegiance of course.

My memory ****** me, though it was slower... anyway, the idea is the cost. I love the idea, but seems to need a choice cause 900pts of «support behemoth » seems overcoasted, but maybe it’s just me 

anyway stato just blow things up... i forgot about no collegiate arcan allies. No magic for the metal beard :/ 

On 2018-02-01 at 1:49 PM, Gecktron said:

I know that the Gunhauler is not the most efficient model but I didnt wanted to max out everything. And I only have 6 Riggers at the moment. 

I don’t know what is the “gunhauler” you  are talking about. There's no such thing in any list. It's a legend. Some admirals talking about a useless boat that make them lose a war, but it's no more than a children's spooky story.

Joking aside, it's good list, but if you have anything but gunhauler to take, kharadron or allies. Go for it... gunhauler is meh. Think of it, you can take like 3 gyrobomber for that price (I don’t tell you to take gyrobomber, but gunhauler...)

ps: please someone convince me to take a gunhauler 

16 minutes ago, Djoblo said:

I don’t know what is the “gunhauler” you  are talking about. There's no such thing in any list. It's a legend. Some admirals talking about a useless boat that make them lose a war, but it's no more than a children's spooky story.

Joking aside, it's good list, but if you have anything but gunhauler to take, kharadron or allies. Go for it... gunhauler is meh. Think of it, you can take like 3 gyrobomber for that price (I don’t tell you to take gyrobomber, but gunhauler...)

ps: please someone convince me to take a gunhauler 

and sadly, the gunhauler is going to be the central feature of the new start collecting box. I really really hope they do something to help it out....like a 50pt reduction

1 hour ago, Djoblo said:

My memory ****** me, though it was slower... anyway, the idea is the cost. I love the idea, but seems to need a choice cause 900pts of «support behemoth » seems overcoasted, but maybe it’s just me 

anyway stato just blow things up... i forgot about no collegiate arcan allies. No magic for the metal beard :/ 

Oh well, I guess I won't ally. I was kinda looking at Ironbreakers but they are slow but can probably hold down an objective very well. How about 10 Thunderers? Or is 20 Company better?

21 minutes ago, AVowofSilence said:

Oh well, I guess I won't ally. I was kinda looking at Ironbreakers but they are slow but can probably hold down an objective very well. How about 10 Thunderers? Or is 20 Company better?

For me I take a unit of 30 company.  Sure they dont last if something gets into combat with them (inspiring presence or an Admiral helps) but with all that shooting nothing should be getting that close, or if it does via cheeky set-up rules then im using my 2 units of 10 to screen for a turn.

18 minutes ago, AVowofSilence said:

I don’t know what is the “thunderer” you  are talking about. There's no such thing. It's a legend. Some admirals talking about a useless elite troop that messin around with a bunch of different looney guns, but it's no more than a children's spooky story.

(can't resist)

thunderer are ok (above 10 group) but I barely see no reason to take them above rigger or wardens. If I had to choose between 10 thunderer or bigger arkanaut group, I’d take the second choice. But thunderer by 10 is ok...

ps: that new KO start collecting is amazing! Eh?

26 minutes ago, Djoblo said:

I don’t know what is the “thunderer” you  are talking about. There's no such thing. It's a legend. Some admirals talking about a useless elite troop that messin around with a bunch of different looney guns, but it's no more than a children's spooky story.

(can't resist)

thunderer are ok (above 10 group) but I barely see no reason to take them above rigger or wardens. If I had to choose between 10 thunderer or bigger arkanaut group, I’d take the second choice. But thunderer by 10 is ok...

ps: that new KO start collecting is amazing! Eh?

I already have 10 thunderers, at this point I would only buy it to get an endrinmaster and the skywarens, which means for about the same price im getting the boat and the thunderers for free

6 hours ago, generalchaos34 said:

I already have 10 thunderers, at this point I would only buy it to get an endrinmaster and the skywarens, which means for about the same price im getting the boat and the thunderers for free

If you enjoy painting it's a fair choice. 

I haven’t seen the full rules etc.. but I expect if he is your general he won’t have KO allegience so will need to be a grand alliance order army, but if in your army you can still benefit from the +1 to hit. 

If he “adopts” the keyword of the army in a similar way to slaves to darkness and their marks then yes he could 

13 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

I haven’t seen the full rules etc.. but I expect if he is your general he won’t have KO allegience so will need to be a grand alliance order army, but if in your army you can still benefit from the +1 to hit. 

If he “adopts” the keyword of the army in a similar way to slaves to darkness and their marks then yes he could 

We know that He can be taken like an ally, and still be your general (source:  Malign Portents leaks).

The only thing that he can't take is KO's Artifacts  and  Traits (maybe I'm wrong here).

On 7.2.2018 at 2:41 PM, Beliman said:

We know that He can be taken like an ally, and still be your general (source:  Malign Portents leaks).

WHAT?! O.o

Now is the big question: Opportunistic Privateers (Barak Mhornar) or the Lord-Ordinator trait ... not an easy choice

Archived