AoS video games- what would you want to see?

Zeratan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the GW2 model and AoS it.By mmo standards its pvp and pve are top tier and the income model is very healthy.

Yes,MMO`s are a fading gaming format but man,this would be awesome!...im within 8 years of retirement,but something like this would push me out early:)

33 minutes ago, Thostos said:

Take the GW2 model and AoS it.By mmo standards its pvp and pve are top tier and the income model is very healthy.

Yes,MMO`s are a fading gaming format but man,this would be awesome!...im within 8 years of retirement,but something like this would push me out early:)

They tried this and it failed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_Reckoning

I would love to see dark souls -style action rpg, I mean look at stormcast: the whole dying and coming back reforged is already part of their lore, that would fit perfectly with dark souls style game.

Another one I'd love to see is dawn of war 2 style rts: I feel that small low unit count tactical game would fit perfectly with age of Sigmar setting (not to mention the whole selecting your hero).

7 hours ago, Trout said:

The GW2 model is by far the most refined MMO engine in the industry.The RVR zones are huge with hundreds per side fighting over vast areas,castle sieges,destructable terrain objects,NPC combatants along with the players.It puts the old WoL engine to shame in every aspect.

But like I say,,highly unlikely they will go the MMO route as the genre is very saturated and fading now.

A more realistic approach for a PC AoS game would be the RTS Genre much in the vein of the recent DoW3 game.

So I hope they simply keep making End Times era games as they are so damn good. I just can't see AOS universe games being as immersive and 'relatable'. The realms are only loosely defined and described as far as I know.

[/Quote]

No reason they can't make videogames for all three. (Old World,  ET and AoS)

It doesn't really take much to make a game immersive as long as they keep putting lore into it such as a Hammerhal setting would have.

After all the lore GW put out for AoS it wouldn't be too hard to create a random setting for a rpg game that uses influences from the novels and upcoming AoS rpg to make a enriched game that has you going through cities, towns and villages with some creative licenses to show how they and their populaces have grown since the Realm-gate wars.

I'd personally want to see the beautiful Life realm map that was first shown for AoS since it had such interesting places shown like floating island castles, a golden city and a lake of tranquility that shown a gigantic skull in it.

Though another route i've been thinking of for a Fable-like game is a story taking place in a village during the age of chaos. The sum-up would be you're a child of a unique village that's cut off from Sigmar's gaze so he cannot normally spirit away those chosen for reforging so he made a sigmirite sword sheathed in a fey stone so that a worthy warrior could pull it out and be reforged into a knight-errant to aid the land.

However, your village is ransacked by chaos and they plan to corrupt it thus setting the player on multiple paths of saving the village, the sword, choosing to become a knight-errant or stay human and take another path or even join chaos.

Archived