2000 pts Stormcast Tournament list

Connelj2

Hey guys I have a tournament coming up and I was wondering if I could have some help with this list: 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
Lord Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone  

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers

Units
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins(80)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 2000/2000

the idea behind the lightening chariot prayer is to help move units around to were I need them, castellent to help buff saves, relictor to help heal and for prayer, I'm wondering is a veritant would be better? Venator is to help deal with heros, liberators for a tank wall, and to hold objectives

3 hours ago, Connelj2 said:

Hey guys I have a tournament coming up and I was wondering if I could have some help with this list: 

Leaders
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)
Knight Venator (120)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers

Units
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins(80)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

the idea behind the lightening chariot prayer is to help move units around to were I need them, castellent to help buff saves, relictor to help heal and for prayer, I'm wondering is a veritant would be better? Venator is to help deal with heros, liberators for a tank wall, and to hold objectives

Just letting you know that the list is illegal. A)relictors don't get mystic lights, B) Mystic lights cost artefact slots so you have 1 too many total artefact type things. As for the list itself, I might drop 10 libbys and the gryph for 5 more judicators and 3 more prosecutors in the hammerstrike battalion.

2 minutes ago, Connelj2 said:

Lol that is just a typo from the army builder, for some reason it keeps giving lights were it isn't suppose to go, and what is the purpose of adding more judicators? Wouldn't I need more bodies for objectives?

Not if everything else is dead. To expand a unit of 10 liberators is fine but without inspiring or the order trait they will absolutely blow up to battleshock, if you do want libbys for objective take 2 units of 5. 

Ok, that makes since, so I think I will change that too 2 units of libs in playing US meta so shooting isn't that big here yet, would would the best command trait be? I though staunch commander would be good to help with survivability 

Would this list be better then? 

Leaders
Knight Venator (120)
Lord Celestant (100)
- General
Lord Castellant (100)
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- warhammers and shield
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow

Units
6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins(160)
- 2x Stormsurge Trident
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
- 4x Starsoul Mace

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Problem I'm finding with venator is sure he'll hit and wound but being only rend -1 hurts becaus it's the most important part of the ability(failing the save) and you have no control over it. Also like I said I take the veritant cuz I like him better as a character. His dispelling does help too.

always bows on judicators 

13 minutes ago, Khornes_Berzerker said:

There may be a case for crossbow units (primes still with bow special) being weapon blessed and lightning charioted across the board in the new meta.

We just don't know!

31 minutes ago, Khornes_Berzerker said:

Problem I'm finding with venator is sure he'll hit and wound but being only rend -1 hurts becaus it's the most important part of the ability(failing the save) and you have no control over it. Also like I said I take the veritant cuz I like him better as a character. His dispelling does help too.

Which is why I dislike using the Luckstone on anything except the Damage roll - no use wasting it if the save is going to be made anyway. Still, Rend -1 on 4+ enemies gives you a good shake to get through, but nothing is guaranteed. If it was Mortal, he'd have been way more expensive, so I'm fine with it the way it is.

I've only used the Veritant a few times and he's never wowed me. Dispelling is nice, but super unreliable and if they don't have a Wizard (or at least one that you can get close to), it's not that useful. His melee is better than average, but still not really amazing enough to be a threat in and of himself. He's nice for taking a buffing spell and using one of the Lanterns, but I don't know if I'd ever want him instead of a Relictor.

8 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Which is why I dislike using the Luckstone on anything except the Damage roll - no use wasting it if the save is going to be made anyway.

But once you blow the star fated arrow its not like you get a second one. Its part of the reason I am not sure Ill use a luckstone venator at all.

I just have bad luck with star fated arrow period! Ive tried it in a match 3 times total and missed twice (two 1s).

I like the Venator , just for the fact you are getting 6 ranged attacks out of him every turn. (unless you use the star fated arrow, then it's 3 for that turn).    Additionally he's an elevated model for better LOS

I would say that if you're not taking a Luckstone, you're probably better off taking that Artifact slot on a different Hero. None of the melee ones help him, and the defensive ones are less useful on him with his speed and range, better off on a melee Hero who is going to be in the thick of things. 

If he's the only one left, any of the defensive ones are good on him. Mirrorshield is a fan favorite, and is good for letting him stay safe against other ranged abilities. Armour of Destiny is a good all-around choice.

So luckstone venator is pretty much the best way to take him to get the most out of his arrow? Would any other hero work better in this list, there are no side boards in this tourney so I'm trying to get this as all comers as I can, I think I may change the crossbow judicators to the storm bolt bows for the extra range and damage

Archived