When is the new Death Battletome coming out?!?!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01.05.2017 at 6:14 PM, Celestant651 said:

Yeah, the Deathlords really can push a death army forward.

This. Not 100% of course, but very likely, and very-very likely will it be with Nagash, his lieutenants and morghasts, and on the whole book will resemble the Everchosen book which would be logical and not bad for a start. But with the Shadespire probably we are going to see skellies first and that's fine as well. But then please give us plastic blood knights!

2 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

This. Not 100% of course, but very likely, and very-very likely will it be with Nagash, his lieutenants and morghasts, and on the whole book will resemble the Everchosen book which would be logical and not bad for a start. But with the Shadespire probably we are going to see skellies first and that's fine as well. But then please give us plastic blood knights!

I would just really like to see Vampires make a return with some units. Pretty much any Death units of any kind outside FEC, who have always been my least favorite type of VC (although still not awful).

My too! And I do hope we will see a vampire tome as well, with new blood knights, lord on dragon, one on foot (maybe also on a steed like nightmare), new bats and maybe something brand new like mortal warriors or vampire infantry or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

My too! And I do hope we will see a vampire tome as well, with new blood knights, lord on dragon, one on foot (maybe also on a steed like nightmare), new bats and maybe something brand new like mortal warriors or vampire infantry or something like that. 

i would say vampiric infantry on foot and maybe some form of vampiric assassin.

I think there is some potential, based on old factions and the lore, to establish/flesh out a few unique factions within death. Using the past releases as a guid, you could have a rough estimate of the release. 

A new one could be human warriors of Nagash called the Deathsworn. These would be armies who live in Shyish, under human Barons. They would have a very gothic theme, with huge stone castles and Gargoyles powered by magic fighting with them. There army could also have a castle warfare tpe vibe, with siege towers and heavy shields. Thematically, you could have it that when a unit dies, you replace them with much weaker skeletons, showing their reverence to Nagash paying off. 

i've also seen people talking about a Frankenstein/Zombie army, with tech and electro stuff, which could be awesome as well. Maybe Flesh Shapers for the name. I haven't thought about that one as much, but you could have a high tech vibe to them, with monsters and electricity based troops comprising its core. 

(Potential releases for these two at the bottom).

Then, after two releases, you'd just need to boost one or two factions and you have death on par with the others. An easy one is death rattle. All you need there is a new unit of troops, maybe heavy skeletons, and then a few elite choices. 

Deathsworn

Humans who live in Shyish. The background for these armies has already been set, as Nagash has been confirmed to have human followers. These would be societies that exist in Shyish and have sworn themselves Nagash. Potential units for this army would include: 

- Infantry: Baron Guard/Masochists. Human warriors, you could have a dual kit, wherein you have one side be better equipped infantry, with full armour and shields/swords/spears, the other being something similar to penitents/flagellants, that being masochistic believers in Nagash who have whips and maces. Kit of ten. 
Death Knights. Elite human warriors wearing awesome, cool armour. They would be heavier hitters and much tougher to kill. Kit of five. 

- Elites: Gargoyle Riders: Humans who ride a native beast of Shyish. Similar in appearance to the standard gargoyle but more slender, with longer arms. 

- Behemoths: Great Gargoyle. A huge Gargoyle, roused from the Deathsworn's castles. The centrepiece unit. Can be taken with a Baron riding it. 

- Machines: Siege Tower. A moving siege tower deathed up. A multi wound unit that can have either a ranged, magic or close combat build. The Mage that comes with the kit can be built onto the kit or be built as a hero unit. Same for the melee option. 

- Heroes: Sworn Baron. A human lord. Tough, killy and has some magic. 
Priest of Nagash. An army Mage. Have a different vibe to the necromancers, instead of focusing on ressurection maybe focus on another aspect of death, making him highly killy. 

Flesh Shapers

- Infantry: Servants/Grave Robbers. Another duel kit thats easy enough to make. One side is simple servants, with electric prodes and robes. The other side would be grave robbers, with shovels and shoddily craft weapons. 
Flesh Hulks. Like Rat Ogors, these are monsters made from corpses. Make them super tough to kill, with options to build them as having many, smaller arms or two huge muscled weapons, corresponding to the strength and number of attacks. 

- Elites: Apprentices. These are apprentices to the master flesh shaper. They come with more advanced weaponry, like electro flails and whips powered by their packs. 
Mutes. Fighters with enhanced bodies, their limbs surgically replaced to become more powerful. They are two men sown together, the larger one carrying the smaller on its back, allowing for more attacks.  

- Behemoths: Flesh Brute. A huge monster made from many combined corpses and generators. Similar to the Mutes, this beast has many others fused into itself, allowing for it to become a living howdah of sorts. 

- Heroes: Master Flesh Shaper. A mage and genius, the master flesh shaper is the leader of his cult, brilliant and deadly. Has high powered weapons and magic, but few wounds. 
Head Acolyte. Younger and more ambitious than his master, the young acolyte has enhanced his body and mind, with stronger attacks but less magic. 
Harvester. An executioner like being, the harvester accrues fresh new bodies for his master. Enhanced, he rides a living chariot made from the bodies of dozens of humans, its hundreds of legs scuttling like a centipede. 

The biggest problem with Death is that ALL the other factions had multiple distinct armies from WHFB put into them.  Death had one army completely removed (Tomb Kings) and the other split into many subfactions, only like 3 of which are actually able to be fielded as coherent forces (Nighthaunt, Deathrattle and Flesh-Eaters).  So the Death "grand alliance" is really just the old Vampire Counts army broken up into many small subfactions, while everyone else had full armies brought under their banner.

12 minutes ago, FRoper said:

the problem was that Tomb kings just were not selling at all, even with the reboot they still did not sell well so the line got canceled

This. Mistake was only to have squatted Sphinxes - that's the shame for sure.

1 hour ago, FRoper said:

the problem was that Tomb kings just were not selling at all, even with the reboot they still did not sell well so the line got canceled

I mean this was still straight up GWs fault. The skeleton models for Tomb King were shamefully outdated.  Then, when we finally (!) got the update in models, it came in the form of 10 tomb guard for 41 USD (along with the monstrous infantry and Sphinx).  Bad business choices killed a line that was otherwise pretty great.  I mean, I am fairly sure some of the metal models (i.e. Tomb Scorpion) had been around since I started playing in 1997. 

And even then, all that could be forgiven, if they would just give us some new Death stuff now. Not only Nagash but vampires have been a huge part of the Warhammer world since forever, and so far have been mostly cast aside in AoS.

Admittedly I doubt we'll ever get one, or at least not until long after other aspects of Death, but I'm hoping for a Night Haunt battletome at some point. Or even if it's not a battletome, a couple extra units and a Mortarch of our own wouldn't go amiss. Frankly, I'm hoping Dieter pops up at some point and becomes Captain Ghost Rider.

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

My two cents is that there will be a battletome soon. The repackaging of skeleton warriors we saw leaked to me indicates that they plan on releasing a battletome for deathrattle, going by the last times' trends.

I agree and hope so. The thing is that usually AoS' app is also a good indication and not too many of those models are displayed at round bases yet. Which to me indicates that there isn;t any hurry to it either.
Death seriously needs one of the updated Battletomes though, I feel the same about Destruction. The thing is that even if it's not the sub-faction one player might like, it's still in the nature of the bigger faction. 

With this I mean that if BoK wasn't made, I'd likely pick up DoT instead. Despite being a massive fan of one of the two (you decide which haha).
I believe that Death is also just a few steps away from being really functional, steps that could simply be covered by giving out a Battle Trait, Command Traits and a nice slew of Artefacts.

As many of you are the experts at Death, which 3 mayor Keywords do you think will be used for Death? Or do you expect something like Kharadron overlords, a Battletome covering (again) a smaller sub-set of a faction? 

54 minutes ago, Killax said:

As many of you are the experts at Death, which 3 mayor Keywords do you think will be used for Death? Or do you expect something like Kharadron overlords, a Battletome covering (again) a smaller sub-set of a faction? 

As of yet, I'd bet Deathrattlers, FEC, Nightnaunts and vampires will be their own thing, but deathlords, mages and deadwalkers can be as one - or two, if deathlords will be like "Everchosen" book.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally. After 2 1/2 years!!!!!

****** models, and up to date rule books. WE ARE GETTING A BATTLE MAT!!!!!!

Who wants a plastic vampire kit when you can get a SOULBLIGHT BATTLEMAT!!

I mean, it dosent matter that 99.99% of games are played on a 6x4 table, in which a 4x4 would leave two ugly hanging feet on either side. It also doesn't matter that most awesome quality 6x4 mats are even cheaper. Maybe this one will be just like the Khorne battlemat; annoying cotton material with blinding patterns that ruin all your game pictures and take the focus off the models you spent all those hours painting.

FINALLY. I never would have dreamed we could actually get a 4x4 battlemat! All my dreams are coming true.

39 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Finally. After 2 1/2 years!!!!!

****** models, and up to date rule books. WE ARE GETTING A BATTLE MAT!!!!!!

Who wants a plastic vampire kit when you can get a SOULBLIGHT BATTLEMAT!!

I mean, it dosent matter that 99.99% of games are played on a 6x4 table, in which a 4x4 would leave two ugly hanging feet on either side. It also doesn't matter that most awesome quality 6x4 mats are even cheaper. Maybe this one will be just like the Khorne battlemat; annoying cotton material with blinding patterns that ruin all your game pictures and take the focus off the models you spent all those hours painting.

FINALLY. I never would have dreamed we could actually get a 4x4 battlemat! All my dreams are coming true.

I have to admit I laughed at this.

Archived