The Painting Contract - January 2017

Mohojoe

Hello all,

I am introducing a new painting log today where the work shared is everyones who wishes to take part. 

The main idea behind this is that you commit each month to painting a set amount of models and at the end of the month you post your progress and a little blurb on how you did. This is a great little way to get everyone painting more, sharing pictures and building our already fantastic community.

I will post a thread each month with the date in the title and people can commit until the 15th of the month. after that the last three days of the month will be for posting pictures, progress shots and discussion. This is a great way to track each others progress and get tips and advice from the community so dont be shy and get involved!

Mohojoe's January commitment:

I commit to paint

• Ogre tyrant
  • 3x leadbelchers
  • Leadblaster cannon

I am starting off light in January as I have a very busy month with uni hand ins and work.

This is the basis of my tournament army for march so I need to make some progress on what I have before I can buy any more models. I also predict that the Leadblaster cannon is going to be tricky to paint and may take me longer than anticipated. 

Anyway thats mine, I look forward to seeing what the rest of you want to get done! 

Starting off light my ass :D

Great to see this kinda thing here too, been watching similar threads on other forums but never really participating.

Since Ive more or less committed to painting a force or two (or even three O.o) up to 1000 points on the other progress thread during 2017, suppose I can use this thread as an additional inspiration and to kick me to paint some more.

So, count me in but I think Ill try and paint like two Spite revenant for my Sylvaneth and hopefully my second Kurnoth hunter. Ill be sure to paint more if I find the time but this is me starting off light and aiming for two small minis :D 

edit: and if I find the time, I think Ill try and scrape my one wyldwood and Drycha clean and build those too.

Also taking part in the 1k army thread. Aiming to complete my Slaanesh army before the end of January, I've made good progress this last couple weeks but I start work again next week so we'll see how my progress is affected (that and I've been gorging myself on FF14).

The list is:

Keeper of Secrets
Herald on foot
20 Daemonettes
10 Warriors
10 Seekers

So far I have finished 5 Seekers and just about to complete the Keeper.

Besides my 1K army I also need to add a couple of things to my other armies for a campaign i'm playing with mates. So my list:

1. Finalise my daemonettes color scheme. 
2. Giant
3. 10 Miners (already 5 done)
4. 1 Rat Ogres
5. 20 Dreadspears (metal done)
6. Chaos Knights horses to test new armour scheme
7. 30th anniversary White Dwarf to use as Dwarf Lord on Shield
8. 5 Corsairs
9. 5 Stormvermin (base color, skin and metal done)

Seems a lot but I have the next campaign day (21-01) to motivate me to complete 2,3,4,5 & 8. Hope this thread gets me to finish it all :)

5 stormvermin to epubs them out to 30 done. So far ive done number 3,4 and 9 on the list. Couple of other things are on their way with a heavy focus on the things needed for the next campaign day. 

IMG_8539.JPG

Besides my 1K army I also need to add a couple of things to my other armies for a campaign i'm playing with mates. So my list:

1. Finalise my daemonettes color scheme. 
2. Giant
3. 10 Miners (already 5 done)
4. 1 Rat Ogres
5. 20 Dreadspears (metal done)
6. Chaos Knights horses to test new armour scheme
7. 30th anniversary White Dwarf to use as Dwarf Lord on Shield
8. 5 Corsairs
9. 5 Stormvermin (base color, skin and metal done)

Seems a lot but I have the next campaign day (21-01) to motivate me to complete 2,3,4,5 & 8. Hope this thread gets me to finish it all :)

6 minutes ago, Russrmc said:

I need to finish off two skin Wolves as yetis for my Beastclaw, but my main focus is now ironjawz. 

Put me down for five brutes and a megaboss this month ;)

That is a fantastic idea for yetis! Looking forward to seeing them when you get round to them

Good luck to you all, I hope the lords of hobby time are smiling on you kindly!

My goal:

- Paint Sorcerer lord of Tzeentch on horse,

- rebase 20 horrors (10 painted, 10 unpainted),

- rebase 1 flamer champion (painted), strip off paint of 2 more flamers, glue them up and base them properly,

- rebase two painted up Tzeentch Heralds,

- assemble, base and undercoat 20 Kairic Acolytes, maybe paint one model to test painting scheme.

My contract consisted of two parts before the campaign day (Saturday) and after. With these additions I only need to finish 5 corsairs to tabletop standard before Saturday. After that the fun stuff starts ? Although the giant was a joy to paint and will be based after the next campaign day. 

IMG_8565.JPG

Hope the painting gods are treating you all well. This particular contract will close on the 28th so get ready to post your progress pictures and let us all know what went well, what went wrong and if you learned anything in particular.

Good Luck!

I actually painted one set of wyldwood and Ive got one spite revenant ready (dunno if Ill find the time to paint the second :/ ) and Ive built five spites and five dryads and the Drycha that I mentioned as well and built an ophidian archway as a bonus. 

So not going as well as I couldve hoped paintwise but Ive atleast built a load of minis :) could have something to do that I was working 17 days in a row..

13 minutes ago, Routasydän said:

I actually painted one set of wyldwood and Ive got one spite revenant ready (dunno if Ill find the time to paint the second :/ ) and Ive built five spites and five dryads and the Drycha that I mentioned as well and built an ophidian archway as a bonus. 

So not going as well as I couldve hoped paintwise but Ive atleast built a load of minis :) could have something to do that I was working 17 days in a row..

I somehow managed to start painting wayyy more than i pledged but missed out a lot of what I said I would!

Archived