Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

7 hours ago, TrexPushups said:

Skull reapers general with the charge in opponents charge phase trait?

Sounds delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how khorne would feel about you being *that* tricksy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Killax said:

Yeah edited the post after a last check. I'm looking forward to build my own now also. I liked the model before but couldnt be bothered to pick it up yet.

The general direction I'll continue in is Bloodletters as my backbone but the fun thing about that is that Bloodletters with Killing Frenzy are rather good also ;) It's really neat that the Warshrine bascially opened up to Daemons or better put, now only looks for Khorne and not always Mortals. 

Bloodletters are going to be mine too for my first list, probably going to go with murderhost/gore pilgrims, something pretty similar to what was posted a while back in this thread actually. It's a good option for keeping what sayl provided with the addition of more ranged threat and buffs. I'll be looking to move into a more bloodbound war horde when I get the time to paint all the models though.

5 minutes ago, ****** said:

If I take the Everchosen Battallion: Bloodmarked Warband

What are the implications on what can be used from BoK. 

9 units with the key words 'MORTAL' and 'KHORNE' and at least 1 has to have the 'HERO' key word, which is basically everything in bloodbound except the khorgoraths if I remember correctly. You can take more than 1 hero in those other 8.

:) thanks (suddenly wishing I had paid a bit more attention to the tzeentch stuff but was ploughing almost every spare minute into painting to meet an ambitious deadline at the time).. and now back to planning to figure out what needs painting next. As silly as it may sound, I'm struggling to find the spare points to afford reavers in my current goto list.

But basically just wanted to check if having 'everchosen' above the battallion scroll name made a difference.

So, if you were looking to build up blood tithe points, you could take the Bloodmarked Warband with 1 or two 'combat/disposable' (skull grinder perhaps) characters. And lots of units of 10 reavers. 

When ever your hero(s) dies, you can turn a single Reaver into a hero/new separate unit and send them forward as a sacrifice for the greater good of tithe points.

Reavers would obv die in droves earning points. 

The tithe system seems to reward hordes of units, not units that are horde sized. 

33 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Did I miss something?

Don't think so :). The new prayers just make the Warshrine really viable within all Khorne armies. It arguably was allready good but I personally like hitting on a 2+ or 3+ instead of a 3+  or 4+ over re-rolling 1's with the Bloodletters. With the Bloodreavers that doesn't really matter but I like to experiment with Bloodletters aswell basically because 100 points a 10 man unit just calculates really well and allows for some nice filling of Battleline units at good numbers, with a good cost and very good damage output. Since the Bloodreavers went to 70 you really need to like the models (I feel) and I happen to like Bloodletters a lot so it is a personal choice.

To come back to the prayers again, they are just very good to have. Bronzed Flesh against a heavy ranged army helps out a lot, Killing Frenzy is great for non-Mortal units. In general I just like the Warshrine more then ever ;)  

4 minutes ago, ****** said:

:) thanks (suddenly wishing I had paid a bit more attention to the tzeentch stuff but was ploughing almost every spare minute into painting to meet an ambitious deadline at the time).. and now back to planning to figure out what needs painting next. As silly as it may sound, I'm struggling to find the spare points to afford reavers in my current goto list.

But basically just wanted to check if having 'everchosen' above the battallion scroll name made a difference.

So, if you were looking to build up blood tithe points, you could take the Bloodmarked Warband with 1 or two 'combat/disposable' (skull grinder perhaps) characters. And lots of units of 10 reavers. 

When ever your hero(s) dies, you can turn a single Reaver into a hero/new separate unit and send them forward as a sacrifice for the greater good of tithe points.

Reavers would obv die in droves earning points. 

The tithe system seems to reward hordes of units, not units that are horde sized. 

Huh.... now that I think about it. Yeah you might not be able to take it and still stick to the Khorne allegiance! In fact I'd say you almost certainly can't because it says 'Everchosen'. Sorry. :(

Don't think so :). The new prayers just make the Warshrine really viable within all Khorne armies. It arguably was allready good but I personally like hitting on a 2+ or 3+ instead of a 3+  or 4+ over re-rolling 1's with the Bloodletters. With the Bloodreavers that doesn't really matter but I like to experiment with Bloodletters aswell basically because 100 points a 10 man unit just calculates really well and allows for some nice filling of Battleline units at good numbers, with a good cost and very good damage output. Since the Bloodreavers went to 70 you really need to like the models (I feel) and I happen to like Bloodletters a lot so it is a personal choice.

To come back to the prayers again, they are just very good to have. Bronzed Flesh against a heavy ranged army helps out a lot, Killing Frenzy is great for non-Mortal units. In general I just like the Warshrine more then ever [emoji6]  

It's been said here before, but sadly the Warshrine can't take any of the new prayers because it's not a hero.

14 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

It's been said here before, but sadly the Warshrine can't take any of the new prayers because it's not a hero.

Prayers look for Khorne Priests :) Prayers are not part of the Command Traits, Items or Gifts (etc). 

Edit: I'm 99% certain it can thake it, by large because when we look at things like DoT's Spells (who are available for Wizards) I'm quite certain that the intend is to have Priests thake up that role for Khorne. The Warshrine is a Priest, the Warshrine can have a mark of Khorne and that's all the two requirements the Prayers are looking for.

Obviously the Warshrine is not a Slaughterpriest, I think the previous discussion you where refering to revolved around the Slaughterpriest (2-3) Battalion that lets you re-roll the 'prayer dice' who's name escapes me at the moment.

1 hour ago, ****** said:

If I take the Everchosen Battallion: Bloodmarked Warband

What are the implications on what can be used from BoK. 

Basically anything as the only stipulation is a khorne hero and 7 or 8mortal khorne units-

Everything dropped at the beginning in a multiple of 8 gets reroll 1 to hit for the whole battle.

i had three units- 40 warriors and two of 40 reavers or marauders planned for this initially. 

2 hours ago, kaintxu said:

Quick rule question.

can the same model be used for 2 battalions? For example I have a wrath of Khorne BT And I use him for both blood hunt and blood council

Current rules, yes if they are part of a larger battalion. No if they are not. Which is more often No as Yes.

3 hours ago, Killax said:

To come back to the prayers again, they are just very good to have. Bronzed Flesh against a heavy ranged army helps out a lot, Killing Frenzy is great for non-Mortal units. In general I just like the Warshrine more then ever ;)  

Your initial text was just a little bit confusing, it seemed as if you meant the regular abilities of the shrine, not the prayers.

I haven't explored battalions so please excuse my ignorance.

can battalions stack? So for instance if I have models that's fulfill the criteria for two battalions can I pay for both but use the same models or as I suspect, does each battalion require its own set of models unless the scroll says otherwise?

im asking as there is the bloods worn war and in the ever chosen book which could also allow me to qualify for gore pilgrim at the same time,

sorry to be thick.

Archived