Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

4 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Left them it may suit their playstyles better that in no way invalidates the Khorne abilities. 

Exactly.

An army that makes use of priests would never even consider forgoing khorne allegiance-abilities... 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I wouldn't say it's flawed but more that you need to plan around it to get the most out of it.  For example taking blood sacrifice and/or extra heroes with command traits. Granted not quite as obvious as Destiny dice  but useable with forethought. Ironically so. 

+1 to this.

I find BT great because of the tactical flexibility if gives you, it's giving you options and teaching you risk/reward management. This is much more enjoyable than playing beginner mode with destiny dice.  

14 hours ago, kozokus said:

Debatable, I suppose you are talking about the N°5 fight in the hero phase. This one is perticulary situationnal, requiring several things : 

• You have to already be in melee, seems logical but it implies that a combat phase already happened between your unit and the opponent and that combat isn't over.
  • You need to make a combat phase before the combat phase because you are in the opponent turn and you are in danger of losing total or half your unit if he picks it first, something you can prevent if you strike first.
  • You are i the opponent turn and next turn is yours and you need your unit to be able to move and charge freely next turn, something you cannot do if the ennemy is still alive and something you cannot do with only one combat phase.
  • Having that extra combat phase is better than getting a free move/charge with another unit/dispelling that mystic shield/gate

The weakest part is to have something already in combat that is not already wrecked against something that is not already wrecked as most combat are usually very fast (at elast thoses where you have 5 Tithe points at your disposal).

abilitie to pile-in/charge a bonus time and attack when you are killed in melee IS a bonus to your melee capability, and so, make you better in melee. Those are designed to make khorne better in melee. Sadly, he doesn't need it. 

I never said they were awesome and practical. Just oriented about "making you better in melee"

11 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

I guess what I'm struggling with is how people think BT, or Khorne in general comparable unfavourably to the Chaos options, which seem weaker in almost every way.  Unpredictable destruction is just that, and with the possible exception of Cunning Deceiver, all the other abilities are sub-par.  The advantage of Chaos is being able to cherry pick the intrinsically strongest warscrolls across the GA, not the allegiance abilities.

FMB

items of BoK are very nice, but you have generally 1/2 item, and those item won't make the game for you. Khorne general trait are very good too, but are designed about making your general better in combat, or helping you charging. Which sound cool, but inneficient when your general can be sniped very soon and will prefer to survive and buff his friend than rushing into melee and killing 2/3 models. And for the bonus to charging... ok, it's cool, but BoK weakness is not the charge, it's running fast enough to reach the ennemy before being torn to piece. And all those shiny toys in BoK don't help you to run (except talisman of burning blood) or to protect yourself against shooting, unlike the GA, with the cunning deceiver, and the nice +1 to hit (something you can't have outside the prayers of the slaughterpriest... who die as soon as someone watch them)

I suppose it depend of your local meta, but mine is very brutal and shooting oriented and going with khorne or ironja is a complete suicide.

4 hours ago, ledha said:

abilitie to pile-in/charge a bonus time and attack when you are killed in melee IS a bonus to your melee capability, and so, make you better in melee. Those are designed to make khorne better in melee. Sadly, he doesn't need it. 

I never said they were awesome and practical. Just oriented about "making you better in melee"

items of BoK are very nice, but you have generally 1/2 item, and those item won't make the game for you. Khorne general trait are very good too, but are designed about making your general better in combat, or helping you charging. Which sound cool, but inneficient when your general can be sniped very soon and will prefer to survive and buff his friend than rushing into melee and killing 2/3 models. And for the bonus to charging... ok, it's cool, but BoK weakness is not the charge, it's running fast enough to reach the ennemy before being torn to piece. And all those shiny toys in BoK don't help you to run (except talisman of burning blood) or to protect yourself against shooting, unlike the GA, with the cunning deceiver, and the nice +1 to hit (something you can't have outside the prayers of the slaughterpriest... who die as soon as someone watch them)

I suppose it depend of your local meta, but mine is very brutal and shooting oriented and going with khorne or ironja is a complete suicide.

The solution is do all very expendable. The only non expendable guy is the general, but if you put a mighty lord of khorne they need a lot hard shooting to kill it, all other thinks in you army need be expendable, and when you enter in combat you need use the attack in enemy phase with the points. I have 0 problems vs shooting armies, for me is more scary a good ironjaw or flesh eater army, in one game one ironjaw player wiped me 800 points in his first turn, i just remounter for fpints but.... because he played bad... a good player deleted me in the other turn.

9 hours ago, ledha said:

The items and general abilities for Chaos are equally limited in number, and are worse across the board.  They are also dependent on the presence of your characters - it's not like taking GA for a Khorne army makes those characters more resilient to shooting.  Given that your recurring criticism here (that benefits are dependent on character survival) applies equally to CGA, and the abilities in CGA are weaker or more limited in access than Khorne, I'm not sure I follow your logic.  CGA doesn't, as you've claimed, give you a+1 to hit - it might, on a roll of a 6, IF you are within range of a character.  This is much less reliable than the buff available to Khorne, and just as character dependent.  You can bump the chance to 1 in 3, but have to dedicate your general to that role in order to do it.  The sole exception, as I've noted, is Cunning Deceiver, which gives you something Khorne can't do, but which is at least as situational in it's benefit as anything in BT, and extremely limited in duration.

I do take Ollie G.'s point from last page - if you're running CGA, and it works for you, God bless, and more power to you.  But I do think it's pretty hard to argue that in some kind of objective sense, CGA's abilities are "better" than those available to Khorne, at least when running a Khorne army.  If they were, honestly, there'd be a problem.  Given that to qualify for Blades of Khorne you limit your access to a wide range of powerful units, there should be a trade off / benefit - internal synergy, and better allegiance abilities.

FMB

On 29-9-2017 at 1:45 AM, Xasz said:

Recently I find myself questioning the usefulness of Khorne abilities and artifacts more often than not. I'm starting to consider using the GA Chaos tables and abilities instead. (mostly from a mortal khorne perspective but most of it should apply to daemons as well)

Blood Tithe is a fluffy mechanic but in most of my games it doesn't matter at all. In many cases I'm either far enough ahead and it would only be a "win-more" thing or there are not enough/strong enough units left to really benefit from another move or attack. Spell-eater curse got awkward with the FAQ and a spell-heavy list doesn't care too much about it. Concerning the extra move, yeah there might be some situations where an extra move on the marker or blocking an enemy unit might give you an edge late in the game but these situations tend to be somewhat rare.

Khorne has many cool artifacts with Gorecleaver, Brazen Rune (sadly not stackable anymore), Crimson Crown... on the other hand command traits do pretty much nothing in 9 out of 10 games.
The basic chaos abilities and artifacts seem reasonable. The ability seems somewhat random but you can boost it to a 5+ around your general. I really like Unpredictable Destruction, as +1 to hit scales well with Khorne and it (might) do something from turn 1.  Cunning deceiver is actually doing something about our greatest weakness and is unconditional. Itemwise, except numbers six everything is doing something nice but they are a little bit weaker than Khorne in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Another thing I recently picked up, it seems that several players are skipping Killing Frency on their priests and are taking the hero heal instead. (haven't tried it myself, as I'm prepping for a tournament where priest aren't that useful - items/spells/prayers/abilites are rolled for)

I hear what your saying and think it's a typical line of thought that within the community appears when someone is playing with Khorne without stacking up the new cost benifits or basically trying to convert GH2016 to GH2017 (and all Errata attached), which really doesn't really work.

Blood Tithe for me matters a lot but as before only roughly half the table matters to me. As the 5+ effects are indeed win-more, where the 1-5 effects to me mostly arn't. To me these effects are straight up buffs and in essence where the Allegiance is all about. So as before I still feel that within the 5 usefull effects the following 3 are the most potent:
- Bloody Exemplar; easy to obtain and to use during the early game, if your on 1 before the turn you might aswell use it. It gives several of our Heroes an added benifit provided you mix up the right ones.
- Murderlust; speeding up is in essence all our army needs so here too I use it ASAP if I reach 2 soon enough and it's worth the wait. Most of the games this is where it continues to be all about. Bloody Exemplar and Murderlust.
- Apoplectic Frenzy; more difficult to obtain but possible. It's here where I agree that you need to be either in the game to make it usefull enough or it will push the win/loss out. To me it's worth saving up for if things go great and otherwise not so much. Murderlust should do more for you in turn 1 to 3.
Spelleater Curse works well enough but so far Ive had few reasons to use it. Simply because some spells can be taken on the chin and many spells have difficulties passing altogether to our extremely wide range of magical defences. From forced re-rolling in the form of the Bloodsecrator and the many other dispell characters we have. Again picking the right Heroes for the list makes all the difference.

Where we couldn't dissagree more is where Khorne's Abilities (Artefacts, Traits etc.) are actually equal or worse than that of regular Chaos. To me Khorne's prime selling point is indeed the Artefacts and Command Traits. For sure out of every list only half seem to matter but this is the case for most if not all Allegiances. Special notes go to Mark of the Destroyer, Mark of the Slayer and The Crimson Crown. For Command Traits Desciple of Khorne remains to be amazing, Immense Power on Bloodthirsters is what makes them scary to begin with and Violent Urgency does a lot aswell. The only reason as to why I think you might be less impressed by these abilities is because we do not have giant mounted non-named characters that could/would be extremely potent with these abilities. However what you have to keep in mind is that Khorne as an Allegiance without named characters also has a really small spectrum of cost differences. Our cheapest unit is 70 points, our most expensive non-named character is 330 points. This is very different in other factions. You still pay for power so when a WoK Bloodthirster is 330 points it should be obvious that he doesn't have the same power or durability as a 440 point character on monsterous mount.
We have one unit that breaks that barrier (which is one I almost advocate in every post) which are the 30 Bloodletters and 5 Wrathmongers can also break that barrier against the right target (such as that 440 point character on monsterous mount).

Before we go to Chaos, I think one thing I will also repeat here is that Slaughterpriests are great offensively but extremely brittle defensively. While this should be obvious it still is what it is, meaning that I personally believe Bronzed Flesh to be the best choice for them to thake to secure numbers arriving. The death of the Slaughterpriest is a smaller issue as it still nets you a Blood Tithe point. My moral is that Killing Frenzy is fun but Bronzed Flesh plays into the weakness of our army, which can't be underestimated. There is a massive difference in Bloodletters with a 4+ save to 5+ save. A difference that pays out later during the game. A difference that keeps you into the game and thus keeps Blood Tithe points relevant.
At the same time I also like Gore Pilgrims but only if 3 Slaughterpriests are taken and when you do so having the right numbers in units for the Prayers also seems mandatory to me (for comp play). This means that typically units like Skullcrushers, Bloodthirsters or other big investments for low model counts are currently not ideal with Gore Pilgrims. It's simply too hard to stretch the advantage and continue the number grind.

Lastly in terms of the Chaos Allegiance, I think Unpredictable Destruction can be good but as mentioned, having it on a 6+ makes it very dicey. Hitting for Khorne usually isn't the problem either (at least not for me). The effect is certainly increased when a Bloodsecrator is into effect but at the same time it's common to neither have the single Bloodsecrator within 12" thus also not 3" of a unit. Thaking two Bloodsecrators is optional but he simply isn't an ideal candidate for this ability. 
The Command Traits are all fine and good, Great Destroyer is amongst the best but puts a massive target on the General aswell. Assuming we pick a Chaos Lord on Manticore here to make the most use of it we'd want to protect him with Mystic Shield, but the moment we include Wizards Khorne shouldn't be a prime thought for the Allegiance choice anyway...
The Artefacts are also decent choices but if you compair the vast slew of choices Blades of Khorne's book offers I tend to find those Artefacts better. Daemon Weapon is the same as Hellfire Blade and we usually don't even pick that for our Bloodthirsters. Chaos Runeblade is Harvester of Skulls and we have better options as that in BoK aswell. I have to say I don't even care about the other regular Chaos Artefacts, they are possibly decent with Mystic Shield or other defensive spells or abilities and otherwise not so much what I'd thake.

In the end pick what you like but a good list makes a giant difference. Blood Tithe points accumulation matters but it's easy to miss on things that increase it's usefullness. To me this is where Khorgoraths now can play a big role now. Cheap, very efficient as a support piece and when removed not too much is lost anyway. So Blood Tithe adds up and when they are ignored they are the best single 80 point model we have for melee combat.

2 hours ago, Xasz said:

Again, if you take priests, there is no discussion.

Either way, the khorne allegiance abilities are certainly not the rule all end all choice for every khorne army.

This discussion isn't exclusive to Slaughterpriests at all in my opinion :). In fact they are still a very risky choice without paying an additional 180 points in the form of Gore Pilgrims.

The moment you choose Khorne you gain acces to a selection of Artefacts that the Chaos Allegiance simply doesn't have nor has anything remotely close to it. To be specific, these Artefacts blow all Chaos Allegiance Artefact choices straight out of the water: Gorecleaver, The Brazen Rune, Mark of the Destroyer, Talisman of Burning Blood, Deathdealer, The Crimson Crown and Mark of the Slayer. 

To me no Allegiance ability is the rule all end all choice, that's the whole point of adding balanced additional rules to me. Chaos Allegiance effects are potentially good and do not synergize with anything in particular, the same applies for Khorne. It's an added bonus that is great to have but boils down to preforance of army design and unit focus.
- What the prime difference is that Chaos Allegiance will possibly effect 1-3 units per turn with Unpredictable Destruction if you thake Great Destroyer. What you are left with is a General that doesn't remotely do the same in melee combat as Khorne Allegiance Generals do. There is a test in keeping these alive however, which is something that's actually very hard to do without Mystic Shield or other spells.
- Khorne Allegiance will certainly net you 3-6 Blood Tithe points but it's up to the player to use them wisely. This is a skilltest and understanding when to use which Blood Tithe effect is essential to your succes. What you get in return is Generals that can beat oppossing target who are more expensive as themselves provided you use them in the right turn against the right target. A General Mighty Lord of Khorne with Mark of the Destroyer has the power to defeat very large targets, a Wrath of Khorne General has the power to defeat 400+ point targets when used at the right moment. 

The biggest difference between the two is that versus an army that has the Chaos Allegiance you will want to thake out the General ASAP. It's very Hero focused. Versus a Khorne Allegiance the demise of the General can lead to the Khorne players succes through Blood Tithe very much still. It's very infantry Unit focused, as are all Bloodbound Command Abilities and other support abilities. So really the focus is where you want to have it. 

Succes with Khorne armies is not difficult to archieve, but there are certain picks one should be willing to "auto-include" such as a Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker and a 30 Bloodletters unit. For Chaos there are more potential Generals but typical in Chaos fashion they are not very difficult to thake out. Even less so when Chaos Allegiance is chosen. The Unpredictable bonus is very nice but will not last you the full game either unless your opponent is oblivious to where the power comes from.

43 minutes ago, Killax said:

To be specific, these Artefacts blow all Chaos Allegiance Artefact choices straight out of the water: Gorecleaver, The Brazen Rune, Mark of the Destroyer, Talisman of Burning Blood, Deathdealer, The Crimson Crown and Mark of the Slayer.

And again, no one is slighting khorne artifacts.

- Khorne Allegiance will certainly net you 3-6 Blood Tithe points but it's up to the player to use them wisely. This is a skilltest and understanding when to use which Blood Tithe effect is essential to your succes. What you get in return is Generals that can beat oppossing target who are more expensive as themselves provided you use them in the right turn against the right target. A General Mighty Lord of Khorne with Mark of the Destroyer has the power to defeat very large targets, a Wrath of Khorne General has the power to defeat 400+ point targets when used at the right moment. 

And again², the moment you have enough blood tithe, the game is already in an advanced state which directly dictates how (usually less) effective the abilities will be.

As stated before, khorne abilities are taken for the artifacts and prayers not blood tithe. Later just happens to be there as well and has rarely a say in losing or winning the game.

It's very Hero focused.

That's khorne in general. We try to play around it (multiple threats, hero spam...) but that's just how the core functions with or without khorne abilities.

Overall, this discussion is going nowhere, we are running in circles and I guess we can stop it here. Everyone should play (and again³) what he perceives to be the best for his particular playstyle/army but it's always worth considering different paths, even if it doesn't change your own game.

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

And again, no one is slighting khorne artifacts.

And again², the moment you have enough blood tithe, the game is already in an advanced state which directly dictates how (usually less) effective the abilities will be.

As stated before, khorne abilities are taken for the artifacts and prayers not blood tithe. Later just happens to be there as well and has rarely a say in losing or winning the game.

That's khorne in general. We try to play around it (multiple threats, hero spam...) but that's just how the core functions with or without khorne abilities.

Overall, this discussion is going nowhere and I guess we can stop it here. Everyone should play (and again³) what he perceives to be the best for his particular playstyle/army but it's always worth considering different paths, even if it doesn't change your own game.

If you are talking about the Khorne Allegiance you have to incorporate Artefacts aswell.
So yes, you are slighting Artefacts if you are considering using another Allegiance. The two are linked to each other and unfortunatly it's not a pick and mix.

The moment I have 1-3 Blood Tithe points the game is not in such an advanced state which dictates how effective the abilities will be. Claiming so either shows impropper use or discounting the choices available. As since the start the use of even Blood Tithe points differs per list. Picking which unit goes in and thus sets up potential for more Blood Tithe points differs per list. Trying to discuss Blood Tithe outside of the other Allegiance Abilities (which Artefacts are part of ) is the moot point. 

Khorne is not focused on the survivability of Heroes whatsoever, the one exception here is actually Gore Pilgrims who is. Khorne wins with it's melee presence which it's infantry units present to the army, If your opponent focusses on Heroes too much you should be able to punish them with the infantry numbers. One of the reasons as to why Khorgoraths too have come to light is because they are the ideal unit for Blood Tithe accumulation aswell. Thakes up but a little space, is very killy, survivable and affordable. It's typically the Khorne armies that focus too much on "Heroes punching" that have underpreformed on tournaments. By large because it means you arnt actually maximizing the Blood Tithe table, Artefacts or many of the Command Abilities or Prayers. :) 

4 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

I wouldn't give up the blood tithe lvl 2, or the brazen rune for any combination the Chaos allegiance has to offer. And i am only talking about mortals.

Same here really. Then again I like how much power our Infantry Units have. 

In the end I see the Chaos Allegiance being better early game because you can be certain that your General is alive and enough units are around to make the 5+ roll risk "worth it". On that opposite side Blood Tithe doesn't become worse overtime or is lost, even in the most crazy scenario's it's not uncommon to have 5 and thus have a unit (ideally big Infantry unit) fight again in the opponents Hero phase. It usually happens to me when I go with a ton of units instead of multiple Battalions, which is why I usally will give an opinion that boils down to "If you can and want to, you could have more units".

Taking a lot of units keep the Blood Tithe engine burning. Your General keeps the Unpredictable Destruction burning, if he's out, the fire is out. Both are good, a lot of it boils down on when you want to have the power. In that same vein the Destiny Dice are fantastic also but nothing within Desciples of Tzeentch melee beats like it does in Blades of Khorne, though if you like Magic, Tzeentch is the pick...

Khorne is quite one dimensional in their warfare approaches, I know some players might not like this. However we have so many relevant unit choices that our armies can all function in very different ways. Be it the gigantic masses of Bloodreavers, tons of mortal wounds with Bloodletters or durability of Blood Warriors or speed of Skullcrushers, there are mostly only good Khorne choices and I really like thay, it makes us also much less Allegiance ability dependant as some armies :) 

Yeah, and on a second reading of the thread, i don't really understand how people who had played them think blood tithe are solely a "win more" mechanic. It certainly allows you to come out on top of a disputed game. I am playing at 1000 point level, where you would think that blood tithe points would be generated slower, and i am having no problems getting enough blood tithe to stop a key mystic shield, or use it to charge in my opponent's turn to tie him up in place before they charge something more juicy and to use that movement to get into an objective. Or be able to kill an enemy unit quicker so you can charge another. All this three happened in my last three games this past week, and all of them allowed me to get on top of a disputed match. In one withouth stopping a mystic shield  i wouldn't had been able to kill a huge threat before it didn't too much damage to my army (-1 or -  rend is a real drawback mortals have), the other allowed me to get my skullreapers to where i wanted them to be by tying up a few units of the enemy with some bloodreavers, and the other allowed me to get my skullreapers being the ones charging into retributors after finishing up some judicators, whom instead would had charged them in full force.

I had been so surprised by them (which on first glance they appeared to me as only "fluffy" and "win more") that if i wasn't playing at 1000 point, i would be testing blood sacrifice.

Absolutely, the thing for me is that good Khorne lists keep Blood Tithe points in mind aswell. It's because of this that Khorgorath'cost reduction made me so excited and still does, to the point where I really hope to see more of them soon. The bonus he and other smaller units can provide is really important.

Good builds in my opinion also respect the smaller unit sizes because of that. This includes multiple units of 3 Skullcrushers, 5 Blood Warriors, Wrathmongers and single Khorgoraths next to the regular slew of Heroes we should thake anyway. It's this mix together with bigger blocks of Bloodletters, Bloodreavers and/or Blood Warriors that allows us to profit from both. It's also the Battalion heavy armies that now (due to Battalion cost increase) struggle more with this tactical concept or approach. 

The reason why I partially agree with "win-more" statements is that I feel it's worth more to spend Blood Tithe points quickly than to save up. This is why I deem the effects 1 to 3 so important and 5 to be a 'once a game' thing. As using your Command Ability twice, stopping a spell and moving up/charging again just matters more.  It's the 5 where the oppossing comeback can be crushed or the effect will not draw us back into the game. Effect 6,7 and 8 all are effects that simply do not feel worth the wait unless we are somehow indeed so far ahead that we obtained them while winning. 

To me the biggest suprise of Blood Tithe point effects came back in GH2016 with Murderhost by splitting all the Bloodletters. Now I'm again inclined to spend them on a turn by turn basis but they have never dissapointed me. 
Without doubt the Chaos Allegiance ability is good also but the Blood Tithe as an engine has proven valuable enough to me to not switch over. Especially not because it suddenly means I'm working with less Traits and Artefacts of which the most of them are inferior to that of Khorne's.

All in all I post a lot here because I 'chat Khorne', I like playing without Wizards, I like playing extremely melee focused. I know that other armies can create great combinations also but putting my Khorne army into a Chaos Allegiance shoe doesn't improve it overall. It would improve the early two turns but that's about it. Then if we do factor in Wizards, Mystic Shields and other defences then yeah, the Chaos Allegiance might be more functional but that's not the army Ive build so far.

1 hour ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Just one thing confusing me about this line of discussion we've been having, why the devil would one be playing Khorne without Slaughterpriests? They're awesome. 

Edit because apparently there's more to Khorne than just Bloodbound ?

For me the simple case is that investing into Gore Pilgrims with 3 Slaughterpriests means your 480 points set for a specific list, this works out well enough but going for a Bloodthirster is the alternative I went for now. By large because I like my movements and I like my flying pieces. Slaughterpriests can be excellent with Gore Pilgrims but still arn't very difficult to thake out for any army with a Missle Attack. 

Where I agree is that Slaughterpriests are awesome but to me most choices in Khorne are. For the moment you do go for a faster list with for example Mighty Lord of Khorne kitted out for the movement buffs, a Brass Stampede with Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut or Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster all choices have pros and cons.
For example the MLoK can really ensure multiple pieces such a unit of Skullcrushers or Khorgorath hit the flank for the wished for support on whatever Infantry unit, the bonus of the KLoJ is great increased damage output and him joining combat fast aswell and the beauty of the WoK Bloodthirster remains that it is a great distraction piece but also speeds up Bloodletter bombs and does a very swell job at sniping down Heroes and ideally deliver the execution on otherwise hard to kill Monster Generals.

But yeah, there is more to Khorne as Bloodbound :P I like some of the Slaves to Darkness choices aswell but still have to dive deeper into combinations in order to give a lot of comment on them. Though as always, playing what you like is what the goal is of the game! I think Slaughterpriests, Mighty Lords of Khorne, Khorne Lords on Juggernauts and Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirsters all bring a specific set of abilities to the table with great pros and some cons. Though due to new Battalion costs a list is rewarded by going down to one road and "own it".

On another topic! I'm looking very forward to represent Khorne in Shadespire soon too. Love the models and the Shadespire game really offers tactical depth and Khorne there really plays a different role for the Bloodreavers, here their numbers do matter and it's less of a quantity grind. Have a nice peek at the models:

Offcourse check out the Warband aswell:
https://warhammerunderworlds.com/warbands/ 

Cheers!

But a Bloodthirster buffed up by a Slaughterpriest ?.  I was being a bit tongue is cheek however Gorepilgrims isn't   essential for Slaughterpriests to rock I had lots of success with them before Blades of Khorne.  It does boost them significantly however  

On a Slaves line I'm thinking about trying to work in a Khorne Marked Lord of Chaos as bit of an Assassin (not general) his Reaper blade is pretty interesting and rend -2 is a bit of  a premium  in Mortal Khorne stuff  

4 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

But a Bloodthirster buffed up by a Slaughterpriest ?.  I was being a bit tongue is cheek however Gorepilgrims isn't   essential for Slaughterpriests to rock I had lots of success with them before Blades of Khorne.  It does boost them significantly however  

On a Slaves line I'm thinking about trying to work in a Khorne Marked Lord of Chaos as bit of an Assassin (not general) his Reaper blade is pretty interesting and rend -2 is a bit of  a premium  in Mortal Khorne stuff  

Reaperblade + Gorecleaver sounds kind of fun.  Lower damage potential than the Juggerlord, but still.  Anyone tried this?

FMB

6 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Its a neat option but why spend that buff onto a single model instead of say 30+ ;)?

When I think about Battalions now and their cost increase I think it's worth it for a handful of choices.Specially the 'one-drop-Battalions' and the ones who specifically boost 3+ units (such as Gore Pilgrims and Murderhost). I personally do however believe that Slaughterpriest are good with the Khorne Allegiance but without Gore Pilgrims I also think they are still quite unpredictable, where with a cheaper Bloodstoker you are certain of a boost and the same really applies for a single added Khorgorath waiting to chomp down an oppossing flank, afterall Horrific Predator has quite the range and his damage output is beyond decent.

A Khorne Lord of Chaos is an interesting choice for sure so go for it!

On a sidenote I was wondering if people would like the Khorne Tactica in a seperate topic, here and/or per unit or all at once?  

6 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Thought about it a couple of weeks ago, didn't make the cut as he's footslogging and an overall weaker Valkia.

1 minute ago, kozokus said:

Yes please.

Well prepare for a massive post soon! I'll link it up. Most of the common known tactics will be in it, then the flank and use for smaller units (such as Khorgoraths, Skullcrushers and Wrathmongers) will also be covered in combination with when or how to use which Heroes, a step reflected upon within list context and one of the reasons as to why certain combinations can for for certain lists but lack use for others.

Cheers,

Archived