Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basically, the battlelines will stay as they are, skullcrushers will only be able to be taken as part of a mortal khorne army with the lord on skull crushers as general for instance, i suspect blood crushers will open up as an option if you take a letter on skullcrusher.

magical items and traits for khorne will be introduced, these will be split into daemon, mortal, bloodbound and you will be able to pick from the list depending on your chosen models keywords, hopefully 8 each, for 24 total.

new prayers will be introduced, probably 8 for a total of 9. ( as the guys come with one on their profiles ) we wont see any for mortals, that'll be in the slaves to darkness one when they eventually get around to that, probably like 2020 once the majority of the other races are done, due to the fact chaos is really flexible with its synergies 

new battalions

one thing i did realise, if we don't see alterations to some models with this book, we won't for years. khorne is pretty well flushed out for models outside of monsters and daemons, and the only daemons we will see will be for both 40k and aos, and that's unlikely for a while.

New models might come in spots but nothing major. 

Ok, thanks for the answers. I have not looked inside the Tzeentch book - so have no idea how it works. So as I understand what you are saying, then the Khorne book will cover all the Khorne models released but keep the different subfactions. In other words - not one Khorne army but two separate. Interesting.

which leads me on to...new battalions will be introduced.

what are we thinking they might be? looking into the tzeentch book should give us some ideas. 

• one will probably be led by a bloodthirster, bloodthrone with letters and such. all inclusive daemons of  khorne range.
  • one will be all the bloodthirsters and skarbrand
  • one will be probably mostly bloodcrushers. bloodhounds and the bloodthirster.

we'll see the current ones, probably altered for one or two. 

i get the feeling we'll see one combining the skullcrushers and bloodcrusher, similar to the narrative one currently around with valkria in. similar to the profane cult, where you are required to take a certain one, ( in this case the brass stampede ) but can add others. 

On 3/24/2017 at 10:28 PM, Fr0 said:

The DoT book ended up with like 19 I think, and iirc Stormcast got like 21.  I know some of them were for massive games, likely meant for open play (looking at you, Chambers). They'll probably axe (muhaha) some of the old battalions for sure, but we'll get some new ones that will be a lot better than the ones we have now.

Are you talking about Battalions? 

Does it have to be Khorne Daemons that are summoned? Because I'm running Bloodbound and would like to keep my force mortals only. 

I like how the Tzeentch book did it; you could be mortal only or daemon only or any combination in between.

The only two options mentioned so far in white dwarf is summoning a bloodthirster and 

Ill quote the sentance, 

"There are rewards that enable you to interupt your opponents turn sequence - the first time a mechanic like this has been used in age of sigmar"

Which is good as you can stay mono mortals and are not forced into buying daemons for summoning reasons. 

Archived