Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Just now, Malakithe said:

Haha and that would probably be what would be needed to block off endless skellies, tunneling vulkites and tons of skaven hordes. And thats just blocking cuz horrors cant actually fight. Going to need supported Tzaangors to actually do dmg to hordes 

Yeah, but maybe its just a game of objectives, and no horde will ever be ground down. So, with enough initial speed and bodies you're winning!? ;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Haha and that would probably be what would be needed to block off endless skellies, tunneling vulkites and tons of skaven hordes. And thats just blocking cuz horrors cant actually fight. Going to need supported Tzaangors to actually do dmg to hordes 

Well i think of heavy summoning and all of purpose not to destroy just to delay! Those brim's gonna hold any objective for sure.

2 hours ago, misthv said:

What's your Fatesworn set-up? :)

fatesworn - 100
gaunt summ - 120
balewind - 100
Lord on manticore - 250
Lord of Chaos - 100
20 karic acolytes - 200
20 marauders - 120
30 warriors - 480
beast chariot - 100
beast chariot - 100
5 knights - 160
5 knights - 160

this is what im thinking - posted it up on the gt final whats app group and me and nico are debating the merits of the acolytes or not

My fatesworn list is something like this:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes

Chaos Lord On Manticore (250)

- Blade & Shield

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160) 

- Runestaff

Ogroid Thaumaturge (160) 

Battleline

9 x Chaos Knights (320) 

- Ensorcelled Weapons

18 x Chaos Warriors (360)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

9 x Chaos Warriors (180)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

18 x Kairic Acolytes (200)

Units

1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)

- War Flail

- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

1 x Chaos Chariots (80)

- War Flail

1 x Chaos Chariots (80)

- War Flail

Battalions

Fatesworn Warband (100)

Total: 1990/2000

On 8/16/2017 at 10:23 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

I've only used the Silver Tower Tzaangor models myself.
@malin So... there are 4 sprues in the box? 2 sprues for each 5 models. And 4 total savage greatblades [2 axe versions, and 2 sword versions] in the box of 10?

So all the models can be made, one just can end up with the Champion carrying the other Savage Greatblade?

Exactly as you said. Champion can be armed with any of the available weapons in the unit. Savage Greatblade seems to be most suitable option for a champion of unit such as Tzaangors ;)

1 hour ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

My fatesworn list is something like this:

Hide contents

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes

Chaos Lord On Manticore (250)

- Blade & Shield

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160) 

- Runestaff

Ogroid Thaumaturge (160) 

Battleline

9 x Chaos Knights (320) 

- Ensorcelled Weapons

18 x Chaos Warriors (360)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

9 x Chaos Warriors (180)

- Hand Weapon & Shield

18 x Kairic Acolytes (200)

Units

1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)

- War Flail

1 x Chaos Chariots (80)

- War Flail

1 x Chaos Chariots (80)

- War Flail

Battalions

Fatesworn Warband (100)

Total: 1990/2000

Hey I just want to check as I am looking at similar lists am I correct that you get the benefit of Destiny dice and the extra spells as you are a Tzeentch list?

i see that here is a lot of discussion for competitive list and hope for some feedback for rather casual games, I guess. i am new to AoS and do not play tournaments. I try to build a fun lists with some (old) Tzeentch minis i still have and am currently looking at adding Tzaangor Skyfires to reach 1000 pts. I did not see something like this in the thread, so probably it is just a strange idea, but please let me know if and how you think this would do:

Leaders: Changeling (140), Tzaangor Shaman (120), Gaunt Summoner + Familiars (Silver Tower) (120) / Units: 2x Pink Horrors (280), 2x Skyfires (320) / 980 pts total. 

My idea was to use familiars as buff/wounds to keep the Gaunt Summoner alive a bit and the Changeling to copy spells, Shaman with buffed Skyfires as snipers, horrors to block and do a bit of shooting. Thoughts?

Just now, bomba776 said:

Is Tzeentch army still competitive without any horrors and burning chariots ?

I like the whole Disciples of Tzeentch range except horrors and chariots.

Tzaangor lists can definitely work. 2x30 for 900 points is enticing. 

[mention=3426]SpiritofHokuto[/mention] - Everything I've seen has Kairic Acolytes as Battleline, not "Battleline if"

The new profiles don't have Arcanites and Daemons of Tzeentch split out from a Battleline perspective for the Diciples of Tzeentch.

However, one could previously use Kairic Acolytes or Pink Horrors in a Tzeentch aligned Army as Battleline. (Or even Tzeentch aligned Marauders or Chaos Warriors.)

You would just be using different Command Trait tables depending on which KEYWORDS your General had available.

And you now have to have your general be an actual Hero, you can't select a non-hero model (or an entire unit) as your General.

Archived