The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Uprising said:

Well, in two weeks I got the ard boyz done, and finish the warchanter last night(Finals = no hobby time).  Next up, gore gruntas. Thoughts?

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Haha that shaman xD

Great paintjob but that model steals the show. 

I'm definitely still up for this, though the arrival of Disciples of Tzeentch upsets my plans a little bit: I already have around 1500 points of assorted Tzeentch stuff, and assembling the new kits isn't exactly a new project. With that in mind, I'm going to stick to my original plan: a standalone 1000pt mixed Khorne force by the end of the year. It just might be that I don't get fully into it until a little later, when I'm sick of painting feathers. Here's the list I'm planning:

• Aspiring Deathbringer
  • Skullgrinder
  • Slaughterpriest
  • Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer
  • 10 Blood Warriors
  • 10 Bloodletters
  • 3 Bloodcrushers
  • Skull Cannon

That's 1000 points total. The theme will be Realm of Metal, with lots of bronze and forge-fire. Here's the first miniature I've done, one of the Slaughterpriests (finished in December, as proof of concept):

large.5857b60d36fdf_SlaughterpriestwithHackbladeandWrathhammer3.JPG

May I join you all?

Not painted anything of note in a long time and not played since mid 7th edition but have decided 2017 is the year to love the hobby like I used to and the 'take what you like' aspect of AoS has really drawn me in.

So from my previous life as a tabletop gamer I have a goblin shaman, two old school doom divers and some snotlings that will act nicely as crew...Not sure what to add to this but always loved some Orcs so maybe a start collecting box.

Edit - Should point out I have no idea if the doomdivers are still in the game, not done a whole lot of research past excitedly geeking out like I used to as a kid at the idea of playing with toy soldiers.

1 hour ago, Lardidar said:

May I join you all?

Not painted anything of note in a long time and not played since mid 7th edition but have decided 2017 is the year to love the hobby like I used to and the 'take what you like' aspect of AoS has really drawn me in.

So from my previous life as a tabletop gamer I have a goblin shaman, two old school doom divers and some snotlings that will act nicely as crew...Not sure what to add to this but always loved some Orcs so maybe a start collecting box.

Edit - Should point out I have no idea if the doomdivers are still in the game, not done a whole lot of research past excitedly geeking out like I used to as a kid at the idea of playing with toy soldiers.

Welcome to the #1karmy club! There's always room for one more.

As for the Doom Divers, they're still in! You could pick up the Grand Alliance: Destruction book to see what O&G and Ogre stuff made it over. All the old stuff still has rules though. They're called compendium, which is where msot of the old special characters etc ended up. Very much still playable, and has points if you care for that.

You could add some Night Goblins (now Moonclan Grots). Them and fanatics are still barrels of fun in AoS!

I'm in!

Building a small Slaanesh daemon force:

Daemon princess (from Andrea miniatures)

The Masque

Exalted seeker chariot

2x20 daemonettes

5 seekers

After I have painted many brown beastmen, I decided to go with a colourful painting scheme:

IMG_0200.thumb.JPG.c9dbd48f37e3a57dd2b2c80e095c6f3c.JPG

(Still working on on the final blue tone)

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.343ac8f8cc5e4cc1fed7329e7ab825a1.JPG

(The daemon princess)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have done two alternate colours for my plaguebearers, with an eye to doing a third albino style one (basically just the bruised flesh style for my lord of plagues) for one in every 10  too. 

Models need basing, and a few fine details adding, and as you can see the white spray was quite powdery so the two-toke basing didn't quite work, but I am fairly happy. 8 more to go!

(apologies for fingers, I need to find a better way to photo my minis)

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

7 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Those are ace! Hope to see more from you @Lardidar

Thank you, you will be seeing more. I have 12 snotlings from when I was going to put together a warhammer quest set (may still do) 

Then I'll pick up the greenskin get started box I think...There is some amazing projects on this board, inspiring stuff.

25 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

Thank you, you will be seeing more. I have 12 snotlings from when I was going to put together a warhammer quest set (may still do) 

Then I'll pick up the greenskin get started box I think...There is some amazing projects on this board, inspiring stuff.

Fair enough, personally I think the Greenskinz box is a lot of old plastics being flogged off but each to their own!

Archived