What's Your Favorite Stormhost?

From what I've read/listened to so far, my favorite is probably the Astral Templars. I like how they try to remember the men and women they were, and I think that adding savage adornments to their Stormcast armor would be a fun challenge. The contrast between Sigmarite discipline and their wildness is interesting in all the stories they appear in.

Thoughts?

I am in the same boat. Granted, I do not know all that many and my information is not as detailed, but from what I have read and heard, the Astral Templars are basically the Space Wolves of AoS (compared to the Ultramarine poster boys) and that is a win in my book.

31 minutes ago, AAL said:

I do not have a good answer because I haven't read into it but this thread has my interest peaked. Where do I find the information on all of them? Where do you read this from? 

All over the place in the books and stuff, I made a list with all entries I encountered, but reworking the list/

Here is my old format

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,51042.0.html

and yes went overboard there, new list only focuses on SE and FreePeople

Im definitely gonna jump on the Sons of Mallus boat. my entire army is sons of mallus scheme, and i loved their inclusion in the fury of gork novel. Greel is a fascinating character in his stick in the mud relentless duty, while he contrasts with Zephaecles, an awesome bro from the astral templars.

in fact, its hard not to like any stormhost right now, theyre all different and hopefull and its a refreshing change of pace to play real good guys in a miniature game market filled with anti-heroes. 

i'll also second the hallowed knights. ONLY THE FAITHFUL!

and aren't the knights excelsior those guys who are "as long as the mission is successful, it doesn't matter if we lost thousands of innocent lives, chaos lost lol"?

Archived