Barimbino

2 hours ago, Barimbino said:

So maybe this has been talked about before, but how easy would it be to convert and run the dragon blades (princes) as blood knights? Especially since you can get about 5 DB for the cost of 1 BK.

It's a usual proxy using them^^

Just now, Barimbino said:

I sort of looked at the models but is there any iconography or anything that needs to be removed or is it just paint the armour red and the horses black?

Some personaizations surely has to be done, but no so much. Sincerly I never liked too much the elven ones, but often seen some yearrs ago used as the Blood Knights.

If you Google you can see more versions, and you can have an idea, it's much better than me describing everything.

Anyway considering the prize of the "original" blood knights I never considered them as an option, I have enough Vampires riding ghhorses to ca create that unit much more personalized sincerly. But that is my opionion regarding the models. 

Sincerly every personalization and thematization I welcome it if realized to be pleasing and not "abusing" so I think not using those models is simply ok.

About the painting sincerly I've seen a lot of version, and some really amazing so I can only say: "choose what you like^^)

I gave the dragon princes dark eldar executioner heads, the ones with the creepy pointy ears and grill mouths. I also used a couple of third party bare heads and creepy beaked helmet/masks to try to capture the individual character of the actual Blood Knight models - this is a group of heroes working in concert, not a true military unit.

7 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Honestly, the more I look at my Vampire Princes of Caldor, the less I like 'em. I'm putting them solid last on the list of things I plan to paint and hoping against hope for a resculpt.

Really? I've always loved them, at least from pictures anyway. I'm not a fan of the high elves so never had a need to buy them until now. 

I know this is a little off topic but how have they fared for u guys in games? I run  a unit of 5 and do great against low armor 1 wound enemies. They get tied up and slaughtered against heavy armor multi wound units tho

57 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

They're too small and the horses are a little too prancey. They don't have the weight  I expect of vampires.

Would u mind uploading a picture, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing 

11 minutes ago, LJ26 said:

Would u mind uploading a picture, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing 

Sure! Later today, though. We're doing parent-teacher conferences today, which is why I'm posting at all instead of teaching the children. But after I finish longing for the sweet release of death watching the presidential debate, I'll post some pictures.

For mine, I used the female vampires from the coven throne (plus an old Bretonnian damsel as the champion) and dark elf spear bits for lances. They're all sitting side saddle, which is cool. 

I've attached a picture. Minus the wolves, which were a thematic choice for my army, I thought this a was a pretty nice way to use the vampires from the coven throne kit.

Death6.jpg

4 hours ago, LJ26 said:

I know this is a little off topic but how have they fared for u guys in games? I run  a unit of 5 and do great against low armor 1 wound enemies. They get tied up and slaughtered against heavy armor multi wound units tho

I finding them to definitely shine on the charge. Even against a monster they're gonna lay the hurt down thanks to D3 wounds. Like all cavalry they lost some Oomph when they get bogged down but they probably the best cavalry to have stuck in thanks to the banner bringing them back from the dead.

4 hours ago, Countmoore said:

Here's my take on the dragon prince conversion idea. Bits from various undead kits and the vamp dragon rider for unit champ. Mounts largely untouched though. 

IMG_1550.PNG

Those are fantastic, I really like the darker colour scheme you've done for them. Would you be able to take a few more pictures of the individual models? I was going to go the standard Blood Dragon red scheme for mine, but after seeing these, I'm thinking dark iron + red highlights might look even better.

On 10/19/2016 at 4:40 PM, ElectricPaladin said:

Sure! Later today, though. We're doing parent-teacher conferences today, which is why I'm posting at all instead of teaching the children. But after I finish longing for the sweet release of death watching the presidential debate, I'll post some pictures.

Still waiting on that picture lol! Really liked the idea of the executioner heads

Archived