Can you rate 'start collecting boxes' ?

MikeGreen

5 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I'm sorry if that post came off too serious, when I made it I'd decided that this was a silly thread (the 'value' of the Start Collecting boxes is entirely subjective as determined by the player) and decided to give silly replies.

EDIT: Blimey, just saw the mod edit on my tier post! I'd like to apologise to anyone who took it seriously and got offended! :S 

There was actually a number of complaints about your posts on this thread. I think the message is 'Don't dis the AoS'!

Quietude seems to have been restored though. Everything is as it should be. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I'm sorry if that post came off too serious, when I made it I'd decided that this was a silly thread (the 'value' of the Start Collecting boxes is entirely subjective as determined by the player) and decided to give silly replies.

EDIT: Blimey, just saw the mod edit on my tier post! I'd like to apologise to anyone who took it seriously and got offended! :S 

That's stupid. I thought it was pretty funny, particularly the bit about the skeleton legs. I think a lot of AoS players are kind of sensitive because some people are very aggressively anti-AoS and can be pretty obnoxious.

33 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

That's stupid. I thought it was pretty funny, particularly the bit about the skeleton legs. I think a lot of AoS players are kind of sensitive because some people are very aggressively anti-AoS and can be pretty obnoxious.

This is probably true. It's also true that, but it's nature, you'd expect to be met with positivity in a forum like this. People (generally) don't come here to complain about AoS. If they log on to read some cool AoS content and get negativity, humorous or not, they're not going to enjoy it. Thankfully, there's very little to complain about in comparison to Oldhammer.

12 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Basically your point could have been made without sounding like the most pretentious T9A-or-die fan, in which case you're either a troll or are computer illiterate.

But that can be excused. The most egregious thing you did was give bad advice. Powergaming-wise, the Daemons of Nurgle provide roughly 120 more points for AoS over the Khorne box. 

Obligatory link to my post here: 

Slaves of Darkness, Seraphon, and Sylvaneth are quite elevated by lack of full units. But a monster is usually boss, so I'm thinking Flesh eaters. Stormcast and Bloodbound are near the bottom as bad.

Someone else can do the money dollar wise, but the more non-leader units and more-monsters the better.

4 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Basically your point could have been made without sounding like the most pretentious T9A-or-die fan, in which case you're either a troll or are computer illiterate.

This isn't an appropriate way to speak to people. Please desist.

A warning was issued, @Double Misfire made his apologies, it has been dealt with. Continuing to raise the issue will only cause the thread to descend into Warseer-like sniping. Let's all return to the original topic.

Thank you. 

So a rumour cropped up yesterday that there will be some start collecting premuim boxes (a bigger box with more minis for a similar discount %) coming out this Christmas. There will also probably be another black Friday sale. If budget is a primary concern it is probably better to wait a while.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

So a rumour cropped up yesterday that there will be some start collecting premuim boxes (a bigger box with more minis for a similar discount %) coming out this Christmas. There will also probably be another blavk Friday sale. If budget is a primary concern it is probably better to wait a while.

Definitely wait for the Black Friday sales. Especially if they're actually deals.

Alternatively if you're okay with a larger army, the slightly bigger boxes like King... Ghoul-Guy, and the Beastclaw Raiders Big Box are fantastic deals.

Just now, Andrew Goldman said:

Hey guys, can anyone tell me are Chaos Warriors models from the Start Collecting - Slaves to Darkness is the same as they were like 10 years ago?

I have a Chaos Warriors regiment sealed box from 2004-05. Can I just buy new bases and make same dudes like in Slaves to Darkness set?

It's the same models, you can just get bases :)

Double misfired with his OT so just to sum up the thread.

Pointwise  the most valuable start collecting boxes are:

Skeleton horde 700 points (with Manfred)

Skaven pestilens 660 *, but  requires minor convertions (make plague furnace and put grey seer on its own base )

Flesh eater courts 640 points

Most boxes are around 500 points (with so praised Seraphon box that is only 540 points). So having about 150 points more should give you a significant advantage (33%!) in a game just out of the boxes.

*-even 740 if you do not glue plague priest to his plague furnace and put him on a separate base, but then your plague furnace will be incomplete

On 10/18/2016 at 6:59 PM, Chikout said:

So a rumour cropped up yesterday that there will be some start collecting premuim boxes (a bigger box with more minis for a similar discount %) coming out this Christmas. There will also probably be another black Friday sale. If budget is a primary concern it is probably better to wait a while.

My GW neither confirmed nor denied ;) (hint hint) that there will be a Black Friday sale.

As someone trying to decide on a next army (Stormcasts or Nurgle right now) I think I might wait to see what these "premium" boxes contain before deciding.  Also that gives me another two months or so of waffling about trying to decide which one I want :P

48 minutes ago, wayniac said:

My GW neither confirmed nor denied ;) (hint hint) that there will be a Black Friday sale.

As someone trying to decide on a next army (Stormcasts or Nurgle right now) I think I might wait to see what these "premium" boxes contain before deciding.  Also that gives me another two months or so of waffling about trying to decide which one I want :P

Nurgle should be the obvious choice here. No more sickdays, lots of jovial colleagues and a good-humoured, caring father-figure.

What does Sigmar provide? A long line of deaths until you're completely whisked away like chalk from a blackboard. In between you get to stand around polishing your armour like all the other stoic has-beens that wish they never got abducted to slave away for the beardy dictator.

I'm just sayin'...

Archived