500 Points list

Braggoth

Hi everyone,

So I have this 500 points tournament in a month or so, and I've been wondering what could work within Destruction. The requirement is 1 leader and only 1 battleline. So far I was thinking of

1 Arachnarok with Spider Shrine

20 Night Goblin Grots

10 Savage Orruks

Equipping the Spider with the Battlebrew and the Destruction command trait for the +1 to hit will make the Arachnarok deal D3 mortal wounds on a 3+ or 4+ to hit.

But yeah, any suggestions are welcomed :)

4 minutes ago, Anaticula said:

I am sorry, but I don't see your synergies here.

Also technically you can not run 3 different fractions in 500 points. only one.

Where does it mention that you cannot take 3 factions. This seems like a legit GA Destruction force. He has his battle line and a leader. As far as how it will work I'm unsure as I have not played with or against the grote factions. 

Pretty sure its not in the GH, and I don't remember seeing that in the FAQ. But please if you have any synergistic ideas, feel free to share. Because that list are just all around good value for the points they cost. 54 wounds, mortal wounds, and 2 spells per turn.

Indeed - I was about to suggest the same thing, but got distracted. Run 10 spiders - or at least five in place of the moonclan (it's five for 100pts right?). Use them wisely, though, because they'll probably crumble faster than the moonclans, but they'll at least do way more damage.

I was leaning towards that in the beginning, but the amount of wounds they have isn't very impressive.

So I was wondering if a fully buffed Arachnarok spider enough of a damage output? On the other hand this can give me a great excuse to start a full spiderfang army haha

Full spiderfang, though not without its limitations, can be quite deadly. I imagine even more so at lower points where the lack of variety doesn't affect smaller armies as heavily.

Honestly, if you're looking to definitely win don't do it - but if you're looking to compete, and with something cool and uncommon, go Spider!

If you are looking to win, replace the moonclan with another unit of Savages, Boar boys, or any variety thereof (I'm not up on their points values though).

Spider rider + spider boss would be more reliable than moonclan.

The thing with moon grots is that under 40 models they are ******. Under 40 and no buff, they are radioactive ******.

They are my favorite army, but i got be honest - without numbers and synergies, you are wasting points on grots.

Try spider boss, spider riders and rock lobber.

What scenarios are being played? How do you win a game? Is it straight up kill everything or do you need to capture things?

The list you have provided has no synergies and seems to rely upon the big spider killing things and everything else loitering around to capture objectives

16 minutes ago, Dangermouse425 said:

Never heard of it myself, it sounds like some sort of club-made house rule.

I'd agree. I think there is confusion with the need to keep within 1 alliance to get allegiance abilities, traits etc. There is no need to restrict faction.

Depending on event rule, you could even go multi-alliance if you want - Probs a bad idea though to throw away general traits, allegiance destruction ability and the free artefact...

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

What scenarios are being played? How do you win a game? Is it straight up kill everything or do you need to capture things?

The list you have provided has no synergies and seems to rely upon the big spider killing things and everything else loitering around to capture objectives

It's just a "kill everything" tournament, kinda like small skirmish games. I was leaning towards the Arachnarok since it's a model that has rarely seen play at my LGS, and is quite powerful on its own, but that I don't currently own any Spider Riders

But I am open to any suggestions, like previously stated.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:14 AM, flindo said:

this is my prefrerred list for 500 points that I have tried so far :

Megaboss

2 units of brutes with 2 brute choppas and a Gore Choppa

This is the second list I have thought of, but the low bravery really scares me, so in game I would have to decide between Inspiring Presence, or a small chance to gain the Waagh effect. Plus they are slower since they are not in the Ironfist Battalion

22 hours ago, Dangermouse425 said:

Never heard of it myself, it sounds like some sort of club-made house rule.

Okay, it seems like this has been the rule at the tournament at WarhammerWorld and our local GW store is using it.

I personally find it a good rule.

2 hours ago, Thanatos Ares said:

Bonesplittaz 500

Savage Big Boss (100)

10 Savage Orruks (100)

30 Arrerboys (300)

That list won't win you many friends tho lol

You won't be able to take the Kunnin' Rukk battalion though (60 points), so I doubt it will be that strong. 

Archived