The Painting Contract - December 2023

TheOtherJosh

On 12/18/2023 at 4:41 AM, ThalmorRepresentative said:

Got my third unit of Kataphron Breachers painted up! Still have the red to layer up after this.

0ve0YX8.jpg

iz3EurO.jpg

Zzw0WII.jpg

Kyfbmbp.jpg

KhTdNOl.jpg

R0X9XW8.jpg

I like the progress you make. But i feel the models could use some contrasting color. They appear pretty dark. Maybe some bright edge highlight on the brown/red would help

7 minutes ago, Xil said:

I like the progress you make. But i feel the models could use some contrasting color. They appear pretty dark. Maybe some bright edge highlight on the brown/red would help

This is really just tabletop stage at this moment. Haven't done highlights or even layering yet, except on Cawl.

Since the expansion is almost complete, will begin layering and highlighting across the army.

Just trying to do things in batches, so they do look really dark right now i agree.

Should make some more progress soon!

Finished up my Monsta-killaz! Waiting on my backdrop holder to get 3D printed before I take any group glamour shots. 

In the meantime, here's a lil fishie familiar to act as a pot grot for my Mugruk Da Watcha. A super quick and fun wee chap to paint. 

IMG_20231221_003701.jpg

Edited by Tinniez
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

2 hours ago, RandyRyan said:

Sooo this is what I said I’d do in November… my bad! I put the brushes down in September and didn’t pick them back up until a week ago. Anyway, back on the painting train now!

Here’s my new Harbinger of Decay and him leading his Nurgang 😎

IMG_6705.jpeg

IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_6709.jpeg

Superb! I'm loving the purple... an appropriately sickly contrast to the greens. 

• Thanks 1

Here my latest Sylvaneth terrain. Three pieces in autumn color fitting in with my main theme.

The hunters aren't done yet, only the base got painted (3 Scythes like the one on the picture and 3 Bows with just base colors and bases done)

Tree Autumn.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2