AoS Cities of Sigmar Battletome 2023 Discussion

55 minutes ago, The Red King said:

You  want 10 4+ 6++ wounds for the same cost as ungor?

I also think they need a point drop but 90 is probably fine. Right now they are only like 2.7pts per model cheaper than Wildercorps and wildercorps just run circles around them.

21 hours ago, loky100 said:

I still want to try a block of 30 of them with the 5+ ward and 6 do mortal spell. Give them +1 armor and they would be tanky and hit a bit harder. That's 420 points and could hold a point pretty effectively.

So I think they would be good but that is a lot of investment because you would also need a 150pt and 110pt hero to support them to get those results. So it becomes more like 560pts and the spells and prayers can fail. I think fusiliers, cavaliers or even wildercorps would be better to build around. 

7 hours ago, Doko said:

the problem is that the mortal wound spell is imposible to get it off this season with the enemy burning all their primal dices to cancel it.

and without the spell you get 420 points of a unit with 0 damage

Agreed. The primal dice system favors the unbinder. I think our armies biggest weakness is that damage output only becomes formidable if you get actually Blazing Weapons off. I find myself throwing every primal dice at it and even taking the +1 to cast buff over the +1 armor save buff just for extra help. 

I have been deploying the warforger really far back to try and stay out of unbind range but thats only possible on early turns. 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

You  want 10 4+ 6++ wounds for the same cost as ungor?

Doko has strong feelings on things. I've found its best to agree to disagree.

Battle line chaff is a hard thing to point. AoS doesn't tend to go below 80 points for a unit, so there is a fairly high floor, and when the objective is to die in place then you need to work out what benefits each has.

Steel Helms. They get a ward and can benefit from human buffs, which can be pretty significant and they turn on a unit of hunters and fusiliers as battle line. I suspect a lot of lists run exactly one unit for this reason. The other thing is that I think the command corps are a solid unit and end up cheaper per wound than the steelhelms. 

Both of the Darkling Covens Elf battle line units are pretty much better than steel helms unless you are using synergies. I like the 6++ on an objective but its situational. I do like some bonus movement though and the extra bravery can make a difference. Having effective 7 bravery over effective 6 bravery means chip damage matters less and for these guys means that the sorcerer killing one doesn't risk more running. 

Duardin battle line feel a bit too expensive for me, When you are looking at 130 points I'm much more tempted by some of the conditional battle line. 

1 hour ago, Landohammer said:

Agreed. The primal dice system favors the unbinder. I think our armies biggest weakness is that damage output only becomes formidable if you get actually Blazing Weapons off. I find myself throwing every primal dice at it and even taking the +1 to cast buff over the +1 armor save buff just for extra help. 

I have been deploying the warforger really far back to try and stay out of unbind range but thats only possible on early turns. 

I might be misreading what you are saying but it sounds like you are choosing between a +1 to cast and the save buff? If you pick the save buff then the warforger can't cast spells at all. 

I think under the new wording you can run 2 warforgers, have one use the +1 save buff and the other cast the spell, but in that case you will not have the +1 to cast buff. I'm a bit tired and might be reading what you mean wrong though.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Odds are in your favour for getting it off if you play Hallowheart.

They are also otherwise in your favour if you burn your own primal dice on the spell unless your opponent has +2 to unbind.

hnnn not,usually i dont use more than 1 primal dice with one spell or the chances to kill myself increases with each dice,while enemy can use 3+ primal dices without penaltys 

8 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Battle line chaff is a hard thing to point. AoS doesn't tend to go below 80 points for a unit, so there is a fairly high floor, and when the objective is to die in place then you need to work out what benefits each has.

Steel Helms. They get a ward and can benefit from human buffs, which can be pretty significant and they turn on a unit of hunters and fusiliers as battle line. I suspect a lot of lists run exactly one unit for this reason. The other thing is that I think the command corps are a solid unit and end up cheaper per wound than the steelhelms. 

Both of the Darkling Covens Elf battle line units are pretty much better than steel helms unless you are using synergies. I like the 6++ on an objective but its situational. I do like some bonus movement though and the extra bravery can make a difference. Having effective 7 bravery over effective 6 bravery means chip damage matters less and for these guys means that the sorcerer killing one doesn't risk more running. 

Duardin battle line feel a bit too expensive for me, When you are looking at 130 points I'm much more tempted by some of the conditional battle line. 

I might be misreading what you are saying but it sounds like you are choosing between a +1 to cast and the save buff? If you pick the save buff then the warforger can't cast spells at all. 

I think under the new wording you can run 2 warforgers, have one use the +1 save buff and the other cast the spell, but in that case you will not have the +1 to cast buff. I'm a bit tired and might be reading what you mean wrong though.

For human goodstuff lists, Flagellants are also worth considering. They are Battleline with Zenestra, which if you are running humans you are probably bringing.

Only a 6+ save, but they do ping back mortals, so if you are running min size and don't expect the unit to survive anyway, they might be a good option.

I am personally not 100% sold on the Wildercorps. At least at min size. For a screen, 140 points is more than I want to pay. That kind of points should get you an actual anvil, which 11 wounds on a 5+ save is not. I find that their upsides are not really something I care enough in a screening unit to justify the extra 40 points over Steelhelms.

• Thanks 1

So with Xmas approaching, I want to buy more plastic crack to get the collection from army box level to 1000 pts. Problem is, GW has upped the points of both Fusiliers and the Alchemite, so what I planned to buy to tech to 1k has to change. I can't fit a Cavalier-Marshall and 20 Fusiliers with the army box anymore and call it a day.

What do you think I should buy ? I think Fusiliers are still on the table, you need them for orders and battle tactics. But beyond one box of Fusiliers, can could I buy ?

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

So with Xmas approaching, I want to buy more plastic crack to get the collection from army box level to 1000 pts. Problem is, GW has upped the points of both Fusiliers and the Alchemite, so what I planned to buy to tech to 1k has to change. I can't fit a Cavalier-Marshall and 20 Fusiliers with the army box anymore and call it a day.

What do you think I should buy ? I think Fusiliers are still on the table, you need them for orders and battle tactics. But beyond one box of Fusiliers, can could I buy ?

I would still buy the Cavalier-Marshal and Fusilisers, even if it makes you go over 1000 and just be more flexible with points values when playing with friends. 1000 point games are not really very balanced, anyway.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2023 at 5:56 PM, Satyrical Sophist said:

Sorry I worded that badly. Basically the gist of my point is that I ultimately never end up using the +1 to save ability. Its an awesome ability that is just completely eclipsed by blazing weapons. I wish they would have spread some of the warforger warscroll "love" around to other heroes lol. 

On 11/18/2023 at 2:46 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For human goodstuff lists, Flagellants are also worth considering. They are Battleline with Zenestra, which if you are running humans you are probably bringing.

Only a 6+ save, but they do ping back mortals, so if you are running min size and don't expect the unit to survive anyway, they might be a good option.

I am personally not 100% sold on the Wildercorps. At least at min size. For a screen, 140 points is more than I want to pay. That kind of points should get you an actual anvil, which 11 wounds on a 5+ save is not. I find that their upsides are not really something I care enough in a screening unit to justify the extra 40 points over Steelhelms.

Flagellants are fine if you bring Pontifex. But the reason I prefer Wildercorps is below (sorry for the novel, i really like them lol)

A) they can actually do something while they are screening. Their shooting is not insignificant, especially if they find themselves in range of blazing weapons. 

B) They hit a bit harder than steelhelms. Most opponents arent going to use their first activation to kill a screen, so often your screens offense matters more than their defense. Wildercorps have 29 attacks vs steelhelms 21 and the dog attacks are straight up better. 

C) The free pregame move is huge for purposes of screening. It can net you significantly more breathing room regardless of who goes first. 

D) They are harder to shoot off. The best way to deal with screens is to shoot them off. But wildercorps are largely immune to shooting. 

E) They can overwatch. I know this sounds silly, but 14 shots isn't a joke especially if you are in blazing weapons range. In my last game between overwatch and activation I managed to kill 2 OBR stalkers. (one was wounded but hey it still counts!)

F) You get an extra dude. Admittedly its not as good as a 4+ save but its a nice bit of icing on the cake!

I think the ward and battleline unlocks will mean everyone always brings one unit of steelhelms, but when it comes to actual in game capabilities the wildercorps are worth every bit of that 40pts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I meed advice.

I‘ll face Sylvaneth tomorrow and I excpect to lose since my opponent has way more experience than me and loves cheesy powergaming :D

I made this list which includes a lot of models I‘d love to field.

My thoughts: Maybe get rid if Thalia for more Dark Elves or a Griffon Marshal + a Screen

or replace the Cmd Corps with another 5 knights.

what are your opinions? (We’re not using the GHB magic rules)

Army Faction: Cities of Sigmar
    - Army Subfaction: Misthåvn

LEADER

1 x Tahlia Vedra (340)*

1 x Alchemite Warforger (110)**
    - General
    - Command Traits: Master of Ballistics
    - Artefacts: Mastro Vivetti’s Magnificent Macroscope
    - Spells: Transmutation of Lead

1 x Freeguild Cavalier-Marshal (120)**
    - Artefacts: Sigmarite Warhammer

1 x Sorceress (100)**
    - Spells: Tenebrael Blades

BATTLELINE

20 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)*
    - Steelhelm Herald
    - Sergeant-at-Arms
    - Battle Priest

10 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)*
    - Steelhelm Herald
    - Sergeant-at-Arms
    - Battle Priest

5 x Freeguild Cavaliers (180)*
    - Full Command

ARTILLERY

1 x Ironweld Great Cannon (150)*

OTHER

6 x Freeguild Command Corps (170)

20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (170)*
    - Full Command

20 x Black Ark Corsairs (90)*
    - Full Command

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Command Entourage
    - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: (1990/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by JackStreicher

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I meed advice.

I‘ll face Sylvaneth tomorrow and I excpect to lose since my opponent has way more experience than me and loves cheesy powergaming :D

My thoughts: Maybe get rid if Thalia for more Dark Elves or a Griffon Marshal + a Screen

Army Faction: Cities of Sigmar
    - Army Subfaction: Misthåvn

LEADER

1 x Tahlia Vedra (340)*

1 x Alchemite Warforger (110)**
    - General
    - Command Traits: Master of Ballistics
    - Artefacts: Mastro Vivetti’s Magnificent Macroscope
    - Spells: Transmutation of Lead

1 x Freeguild Cavalier-Marshal (120)**
    - Artefacts: Sigmarite Warhammer

1 x Sorceress (100)**
    - Spells: Tenebrael Blades

BATTLELINE

20 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)*
    - Steelhelm Herald
    - Sergeant-at-Arms
    - Battle Priest

10 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)*
    - Steelhelm Herald
    - Sergeant-at-Arms
    - Battle Priest

5 x Freeguild Cavaliers (180)*
    - Full Command

ARTILLERY

1 x Ironweld Great Cannon (150)*

OTHER

20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (170)*
    - Full Command

20 x Black Ark Corsairs (90)*
    - Full Command

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Command Entourage
    - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: (1990/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

A bit late to comment, but I would not replace the command corps. I think it generally does too much to leave at home.

Replacing Tahlia with a Marshall on Griffon seems like a valid choice, though. I'm curious to hear how your game went and whether her rally ability had a strong impact.

58 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

A bit late to comment, but I would not replace the command corps. I think it generally does too much to leave at home.

Replacing Tahlia with a Marshall on Griffon seems like a valid choice, though. I'm curious to hear how your game went and whether her rally ability had a strong impact.

You are not too late. The game will start in 6 hours from now :D

• Haha 1

Trying to decide between two lists after the recent FAQ:

List A

Spoiler

Hallowheart

Leaders
Steam Tank Commander (270)
Battlemage on Celestial Hurricanum (260)
Alchemite Warforger (110)
- General
Pontifex Zenestra(180)

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)

Units
20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (340)
- Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
Steam Tank (230)
Steam Tank (230)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116
Drops: 10

List B

Spoiler

Hallowheart

Leaders
Battlemage on Celestial Hurricanum (260)
Alchemite Warforger (110)
- General
Pontifex Zenestra (180)
Battlemage (100)

Battleline

Units
20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (340)
- Reinforced x 1

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119
Drops: 11

Basically, the difference between the two is that List A has a Steam Tank Commander and two regular tanks, and List B has two Tank Commanders, and Battlemage and 100 points left over (currently filled with a unit of Steelhelms, but open to suggestions).

List A has the advantage of allowing me to field all the Steam Tanks I have currently painted, anyway.

List B has more bodies, more heroes for Orders, and a significant extra cast/spell from the Battlemage (probably Pall of Doom).

I find it hard to decide between the two right now. I don't know if I like how much of a death star the Tanks are in List A. Besides them, only the Fusiliers are a real threat, but overall the shooting ability of the list is higher than List B.

List B is a little more flexible, and harder to disrupt because it runs two Commanders. I also like the added Battlemage, because both Pall of Doom is super nice in a shooting list and having several good spells in a list makes it much harder for my opponent to just throw all their Primal Dice into unbinding the Alchemite warscroll spell every time. Potentially, this list casts 5 spells per hero phase (with Arcane Tome on one of the Commanders). I think reinforcing one of the Steelhelm units might actually be kind of nice, too. 10 Steelhelms don't really do anything, but 20 of them with a 5+ ward, Alchemite spell, +1 to saves... I think that's a more significant obstacle. I also like the extra bodies in general.

Excuse the triple post, guys, but I have been re-reading the Steelhelms warscroll and realized something I was genuinely not aware of until now:

We all know that Steelhelms can get a 6+ ward when they are contesting an objective, right? But that's actually not 100% right. In reality, they have the ability to give themselves and friendly units that 6+ ward.

At the end of your movement phase, if this unit includes a Battle Priest and is contesting an objective you control that is not contested by any enemy models, you can say that it will consecrate the land. If you do so, roll a dice. On a 3+, that objective is considered by you to be consecrated. Friendly CITIES OF SIGMAR HUMAN units have a ward of 6+ while they are contesting a consecrated objective. If your opponent gains control of a consecrated objective, it is no longer consecrated.

Of course it comes with a bunch of hoops to jump through, but at the very least it means that if you use a unit of Steelhelms to screen for your Fusiliers, they are probably getting that 6+ ward, too (as well as any buff heroes nearby). In my opinion, that's a pretty nice upside for a screen.

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Excuse the triple post, guys, but I have been re-reading the Steelhelms warscroll and realized something I was genuinely not aware of until now:

We all know that Steelhelms can get a 6+ ward when they are contesting an objective, right? But that's actually not 100% right. In reality, they have the ability to give themselves and friendly units that 6+ ward.

Of course it comes with a bunch of hoops to jump through, but at the very least it means that if you use a unit of Steelhelms to screen for your Fusiliers, they are probably getting that 6+ ward, too (as well as any buff heroes nearby). In my opinion, that's a pretty nice upside for a screen.

Yes this is 70% of the value of Steelhelms. Otherwise they are just cheap human bodies. The ward sticks around after they die and is useful for much more valuable units like Cavaliers and Fusiliers and big heroes. 

20 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I meed advice.

\

I mean as a Sylvaneth player we are currently rocking a 43% win rate so there is only so much cheese he can do lol. This is probably late but your list looks a bit short on melee threats. You may want some more cavaliers or maybe some executioners otherwise Hunters and Bugs will body you off the table. Let me know how it goes regardless! 

• Like 3

he played:

- Army Faction: Sylvaneth
     - Subfaction: Heartwood
     - Grand Strategy: Overshadow
     - Triumph: Inspired
     - Seasons of War:  The Burgeoning
LEADERS
Spirit of Durthu (350)*
     - General
     - Command Traits: Warsinger
     - Artefacts of Power: Greenwood Gladius
Belthanos (360)**
Branchwych (110)**
     - Artefacts of Power: The Vesperal Gem
     - Spells: Regrowth, Verdant Blessing
Arch-Revenant (120)**
BATTLELINE
Kurnoth Hunters with Kurnoth Scythes (250)*
     - Huntmaster
Kurnoth Hunters with Kurnoth Greatswords (220)*
Dryads (100)*
OTHER
Aetherwings (70)
Revenant Seekers (230)*
     - Revenant Soulwarden
     - Seeker Banner Bearer
     - Seeker Hornblower
Spiterider Lancers (190)*
     - Spiterider Scion
     -  Spiterider Standard Bearer
     - Spiterider Hornblower
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Command Entourage
     - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

Game 1: I deployed as far back as sensible.

He gave me turn 1. I shot off his Durthu. He charged into my line with his whole army. Wiping 60% of my troops. Then he got the double turn and wiped me whole army.

Game 2:

He took the first turn, his whole army charged, wiped the corsairs with an overkill of 10 (Durthu by himself) shredded the screen of 10 Steelhelms, killed off 18 Fusiliers. I counter charged with thalia, killing 2 bug riders.

My turn: I rallied 10 Fusiliers with thalia, sawboned another 2. opened fire into durthu (3dmg). My cannon overkilled the last bug binding my Cav. Marshal. I charged my knights and the marshal into durthu, killing it dead, wounding the Arch Revenant. My knights were wiped at some point by 16 MWs dealt by the Kurnoth hunters. The Cav. Marshal refusing to give using finest hour and AoD surviving all of belthanos attacks. The Warforger fell to the Hunters.

(were three turns but the second turn was just normal turn order, knights dying and losing the warforger and the sorceress enfeebling the Durthu foe, I finally lost my cannon to the Scythe hunters. Cav Marshal stomped the Arch Revenant)

I‘ ve got the double this time

Everything turned into even more of a bloody brawl, the Scorpion Stingers flailed out hitting Belthanos, furious 20 Steelhelms engaged the foe dealing buckets of damage to both Belthanos and Kurnoth hunters, Thalia failing to hurt Belthanos while the Marshal, foaming with thunderous fury swinging his hammer dealing 6 damage. Before Belthanos could recover from the Manticore’s poison he was finished off by the rapier of the enchanted blade of the Command Corp’s Whisperblade.

We called it there and then. The second game was incredibly funny! I had an incredible time. I probably would have won on points but we stopped doing battle tactics back in turn one since we expected I‘d be wiped and then everything got tense, bloody and absurdly heroic (I had good rolls !)

Some images of game 2:

AC278613-1336-4D2B-9F03-2D53726494BF.jpeg

942C3BC9-B219-4528-ADF5-B55DC430069F.jpeg

A1F3369A-5205-4C30-8FFF-D2C1B677B403.jpeg

A1C2D2FB-2438-4A62-8485-ED9459D06B32.jpeg

811B839A-1C31-4688-AAAE-6C0BC9FEEA7E.jpeg

677975A6-D2BD-4CE1-9D53-A72C391EFC6E.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

@JackStreicher Looks like my "you are gonna get bodied off the table in melee" prediction proved only half true! Nice game!

How does it feel to be the first person on the planet to successfully pull off Tahlia's special rally. 🤣

Was good! But way too situational. It will properly/probably be abused for Fusilier recursion since Steelhelms melt too fast xD

Thing is that his army can body any unit I could field off the table, it’s hard to counter since he can essentially move across the whole table and pick his fights every turn. My knights only had a chance since he had wanted to focus on the fusiliers (still pulling them into combat though)

My Cavalier Marshal (Goswin "Skavenhammer" Schwarzhelm) was awesome, as were the knights (Knights of the Blazing Sun, they never let me down due to the arch knight.

:)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

So I had an army planned out and the points change for fusiliers and warforger messed it up, 

But this is what I'm at right now and not sure if I'm splitting my attention up too much and should focus my list more on shootiness and not worry so much about magic and melee

(it will include pontifex zenestra for an even 2k points but couldnt find her in the GW warscroll builder?)

Any thoughts or suggestions my opponents in the campaign are going to be Ironjawz, OBR, SBGL, and skaven

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Lethis
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Alchemite Warforger (110)
- General
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Sorceress (100)
- Lore of Dark Sorcery: Tenebrael Blades
Haskel Hexbane (180)
Lord-Relictor (130)
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Steelhelms (100)
11 x Wildercorps Hunters (140)

Units
5 x Hexbane's Hunters (0)
6 x Freeguild Command Corps (170)
20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (340)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Executioners (170)
5 x Freeguild Cavaliers (180)
10 x Flagellants (100)

Total: 1820 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 130 / 400
Wounds: 130
Drops: 13

13 hours ago, frielock said:

So I had an army planned out and the points change for fusiliers and warforger messed it up, 

But this is what I'm at right now and not sure if I'm splitting my attention up too much and should focus my list more on shootiness and not worry so much about magic and melee

(it will include pontifex zenestra for an even 2k points but couldnt find her in the GW warscroll builder?)

Any thoughts or suggestions my opponents in the campaign are going to be Ironjawz, OBR, SBGL, and skaven

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Lethis
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Alchemite Warforger (110)
- General
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Sorceress (100)
- Lore of Dark Sorcery: Tenebrael Blades
Haskel Hexbane (180)
Lord-Relictor (130)
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
- Allies

Battleline
11 x Wildercorps Hunters (140)

Units
5 x Hexbane's Hunters (0)
6 x Freeguild Command Corps (170)
20 x Freeguild Fusiliers (340)
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Executioners (170)
5 x Freeguild Cavaliers (180)
10 x Flagellants (100)

Total: 1820 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 130 / 400
Wounds: 130
Drops: 13

I don't think this is a bad start, however I'm not sure what the flagellants are really doing for you other than being  a  screen, which you already have a lot of in the steel helms and the wilder corps to some extent. I'd be looking at trying to fit 5 more cavaliers and a cavalier marshall in somehow if i were you

Agreed, the flagellants are weird. The executioners are too expensive and fragile for what they do. 3x Scourgerunner Chariots might do a better job (esp. with the Fleetmaster)

I‘d advice to increase one Steelhelms unit to 20 and to add 5 Knights!

then keep your counter-charge orders at hand :)

Edited by JackStreicher

Thanks for the input guys!

13 hours ago, papary said:

I don't think this is a bad start, however I'm not sure what the flagellants are really doing for you other than being  a  screen, which you already have a lot of in the steel helms and the wilder corps to some extent. I'd be looking at trying to fit 5 more cavaliers and a cavalier marshall in somehow if i were you

The flagellants were mostly there to suicide themselves into units that are low model count (maw grunta, r-ogors etc.)or thin out chaff on the approach to the steelhelms (who hopefully would be blessing objectives) but mainly because i just finished 20 steelhelms and didn't want to paint another 10 lol.  I did want to get a cav marshall since (imo) he has the best model in the CoS range.

9 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Agreed, the flagellants are weird. The executioners are too expensive and fragile for what they do. 3x Scourgerunner Chariots might do a better job (esp. with the Fleetmaster)

I‘d advice to increase one Steelhelms unit to 20 and to add 5 Knights!

then keep your counter-charge orders at hand :)

I actually was originally looking at the scourgerunner chariots but there aren't many available for a decent price online- unfortunately it'd be a shade over $200 for the three of them and nobody in my gaming circle has any or if they do they aren't parting with them :( 

Thanks again guys!

• Like 1

What do you feel are the best endless spells to include in a Cities list ? I have made a list using the army box as a basis, but I have 80 pts to spare, and I have endless spells around to fill the gap. Personally, I would go with Swords, but that's purely because of flair with the Warforger. But is there some better alternative out there ?

On 11/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What do you feel are the best endless spells to include in a Cities list ? I have made a list using the army box as a basis, but I have 80 pts to spare, and I have endless spells around to fill the gap. Personally, I would go with Swords, but that's purely because of flair with the Warforger. But is there some better alternative out there ?

Ravenaks Gnashing Jaws is my go to endless spell regardless of faction. It can delete slow units and can often be a "stop at all costs" kind of spell for some opponents. But honestly if you have 80pts then a Gyrocopter would be better. They are a sleeper unit in the book and excel at grabbing battle tactics or even screening. 

On 11/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Without wanting to be contrarian, I find it hard to suggest endless spells right now because endless spells have been so unstable when it comes to their rules this edition. Their points change all the time and their rules change with every General's Handbook it feels like. Plus, it seems really hard right now for non-magic-focused armies to make good use of endless spells at all.

I agree with @Landohammer, above 80 points just slap a Gyrocopter or some Aetherwings in there. Otherwise, maybe going for a triumph instead is not so bad.