- Nadirite Blade

10 x Mortek Guard (150)
    - Necrophoros
    - Mortek Hekatos
    - Soulcleaver Greatblade
    - Nadirite Blade

TOTAL POINTS: (1985/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

thoughts on this? Nagash can heal everything if it stays within 24 and can buff the ward of everything within 12…. Play like a huge msu castle?

It’s a typical Nagash list. It really depends on what your facing. If you’re asking the classic question of yourself, what am I trying to accomplish, you’ll find in most cases it’s a goof army. However, goof armies have their place in the greater meta. If nothing else, they test the durability of your super heroes. 

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
 Legion: Null Myriad
– Grand Strategy: Survivor’s Instinct
– Triumphs: Indomitable

LEADERS
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis(440)
Mortisan Boneshaper (120)
 General
– Command Trait: Dark Acolyte
– Artefact: Artisan’s Key
– Spells – Reinforce Constructs
– Aspect of the Champion: Tunnel Master
Mortisan Boneshaper (120)
 Spells: Drain Vitality

BATTLELINE
6 x Immortis Guard (400)
 Reinforced x 1
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (220)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (220)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (170)
 Nadirite Blade and Shield

UNITS
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
 Spirit Halberds

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
Soulstealer Carrion (40)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment

TOTAL: 1970 / 2000

this went 4 and 1 recently 

• 2 weeks later...

Ooof, the point changes in the new battlescroll.  Ouch.  Not a huge hit to anything, but everything that was seeing regular play has gone up.  The last tournament list I saw was hit for 170 points. The one posted by left fist would be up 110.  And it's not like OBR had much depth to work with, not a lot of other builds to grab.  Harvester's down 30 to 180, but even that might not be enough given how badly its rules were nerfed by the faq, and mortek guard didn't go down at all.  Mortek crawlers didn't come down at all, either.  Morghasts down a bit, and stalkers didn't change, so maybe there's still ~something~ workable in there mostly swapping immortis for stalkers, but I'm not sure.

It’s a hard hit, but I’m not surprised. Boneshapers were ubiquitous, as were Immortis Guard which were probably undercosted to begin with. Wish they had dropped Mortek Guard costs or buffed the Harvester a bit as well though. And the Soulreaper remains a meme unit, as is frankly tradition at this point. I do enjoy the Morghast being 220 now, although I think they’re possibly a smidge overcosted and the Crawler could use a drop too. 

All in all, not as bad as it could’ve been but not as balanced as I would’ve liked. 

So how are people responding to the points changes?  I'm looking at something like this for my Null Myriad:

Null Myriad
Battle Regiment:

• Arkhan
  • Soulmason (general, aura of sterility, hoarfrost)
  • Boneshaper (artisan's Key, merciless blizzard)
  • 6 Immortis Guard
  • 20 Mortek Guard with nadirite blades
  • 5 Kavalos Deathriders with nadirite spears
  • 5 Kavalos Deathriders with nadirite spears
  • Gothizaar Harvester

Nightmare Predator

Grand Strategy: Spellcasting Savant (general must be a locus, must survive the battle)
Triumph: Doesn't matter, points total is exactly 2000 so I'd never get it anyway.

Basically playing on hopium to think that the 30 point discount on the harvester is enough to make Harvester + Morteks ok again.  Of course, harvester not working outside of the shooting phase anymore opens up huge weaknesses to shooting and magic, hence both Null Myriad and Aura of Sterility, and backup healing from Arkhan, boneshaper, and the artisan's key to fix up anything that isn't outright wiped out before my hero phase.

There's a fair bit of prioritizing aethetics over quality though - in the attempt to run the guard/harvester combo at all, in spears over blades on the riders, in Arkhan over Katakros, in mason & nightmare predator over second boneshaper and bone tithe shrieker.

It's not ideal, and the faq nerfs to the harvester could make it just too depressing to run in practice, but aethetically it looks like the kind of OBR army I'd like to run - really missing only some morghasts, and it's not like I'm planning to attend actual tournaments any time soon, so I don't know why I care so much about trying to put together something functionally competitive when I'll mostly be playing casual path to glory games.

Alternative Take: Jerrion's Delegation.

Focusing less on the new GHB season's Andtoran Locuses, this list leans into the current Narrative Campaign events by bringing in the new FEC regiment of renown, in the process deploying more bodies and wounds at the start of the battle in order to rely less on healing mid game.

Null Myriad

Battle Regiment

• Arkhan
  • Soulmason (general, Aura of Sterility, Lode of Saturation, Merciless Blizzard)
  • 2 Morghast Arkhai with spirit glaives
  • 6 Immortis Guard
  • 20 Mortek Guard with blades

Retiment of Renown

• Marrowscroll Herald
  • 3 Crypt Flayers
  • 3 Crypt Horrors
  • 20 Crypt Ghouls

Nightmare Predator

I like this list since it's basically the the OBR/FEC alliance from Broken Realms: Teclis, only actually matched play legal.  There's a fun implied narrative to that combo: accept the Herald's invitation to serve Nagash in life as ghouls, or else you will be made to serve in death as raw materials for the Ossiarch Legions.  Plus, it brings in some aesthetic and painting variety, which is nice.

Unfortunately, a big downside of the list is that fielding a bunch of FEC units means fielding fewer OBR units, which means getting fewer extra CP.  only 5 obr units means dropping from 6 bonus CP at the start of the game down to 3, and all the way down to 1 after I lose a single OBR unit.  I'm honestly not sure if that's at all viable.

The other down side would be getting my hands on a Marrowscroll Herald.  It's going for 1/2 the price of the entire regiment box on the secondary market once you add in shipping, which is Too Much, but I absolutely do not need any more of anything else that comes in that box.  Might just proxy the boxing day Ghoul King for it if I try to run this.

Army Faction: Ossiarch Bonereapers
    - Army Subfaction: Petrifex Elite
    - Grand Strategy: Show of Dominance

LEADER

1 x Arkhan the Black (380)

1 x Katakros (460)

1 x Mortisan Boneshaper (140)
    - General
    - Command Traits: Aura of Sterility
    - Artefacts: Artisan’s Key
    - Spells: Hoarfrost

1 x Mortisan Boneshaper (140)

BATTLELINE

3 x Necropolis Stalkers (220)

3 x Immortis Guard (220)

TOTAL POINTS: (2000/2000)

• 3 weeks later...

I need some advice on how to fight my Thursday League battle using my Cabalist StD vs this OBR army (( attached in photos).  Haven't fought the OBRs in a long time, and not with my StDs.  

Mission is Lines of Communication so I'm fairly sure I'll be unable to issue Commands most of the game!   I think I could get spells off though.  

What do we think he'd do in this scenario, as all the objectives are right in center....and what should I try to do, priority targets etc. ?   Or am I just.,...BONED?!?!

Heres my army (I think I should also switch my Grand Strategy if it's allowed at this point).

- Army Faction: Slaves to Darkness

- Subfaction: Cabalists

- Grand Strategy: Bring Ruin to the Realms

- Triumph: Inspired

LEADERS

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (200)*

- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

- Spells: Binding Damnation

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)*

- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

- Spells: Chaotic Conduit, Hoarfrost, Warp Reality

Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (200)**

- General

- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

- Command Traits: Battle-lust

- Artefacts of Power: Helm of the Oppressor

- Spells: Daemonic Speed

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (120)**

- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch

- Spells: Daemonic Speed, Merciless Blizzard, Warp Reality

BATTLELINE

Chaos Chariot (80)*

- Mark of Chaos: Undivided

- Chaos War-flail and Lashing Whip

Chaos Knights (440)*

- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

- Doom Knight

- Cursed Lance

- 2 x Standard Bearer

- 2 x Hornblower

Chaos Chariot (80)*

Chaos Chariot (80)*

Chaos Chariot (80)*

OTHER

Cockatrice (120)**

Chaos Chosen (480)**

- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

- Exalted Champion

- 2 x Icon Bearer

- 2 x Skull Drummer

- Ensorcelled Banner: The Eroding Icon

CORE BATTALIONS

*Battle Regiment

**Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

Screenshot_2023-08-01-14-55-24-04_32615e5a797cbc39da7a59e8fd25b80c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

That’s absolutely a Morghast. It’s either a hero or something with a fairly different role from the prior Morghast, because “Fast melee blender” seems like a role already fully covered by our existing weapon options and variants.

Edited by ScionOfOssia
Further words

• 2 weeks later...

New Battlescroll out!

- Big points increase to katakros
- Small points increase to Deathriders
- Immortis/Stalker recursion nerf (slain models come back with 4 wounds already allocated)

+ Moderate Points decrease to Harvester
+ Moderate points decrease to Crawler
+ Moderate points decrease to Mortek Guard

I was expecting worse (complete removal of the ability to return slain immortis & stalkers, bigger points increase to deathriders, null myriad nerf), so relative to my expectations these changes actually look pretty good to me.  At 160 points, I could see Harvesters being viable as a pure beatstick, with its combat phase healing ability as more of a bonus rather than the reason you take it.

I could see trying out a formation of 20 guard, a Harvester, and an Ossifector with their unique relic, maybe also general with the shooting debuff aura command ability.

On the other hand, will the recursion nerf finally bring an end to immortis domination?  If so, will OBR's win rate finally fall back in line, or even fall through the floor, or will people just shift to Deathriders, or something else?  What do you think?

I think the recursion nerf is enough that Immortis are probably no longer the auto-takes for every situation, but you lists that field multiple sources of healing will still get great value out of them. It's possible we might see MSU Immortis instead of big blocks now, too--since two successful heals gives you a 4 wound Immortis back and a third would waste 2 wounds of healing if put into the same unit, I could see people trying to maximize based around that.

• Like 1

image.jpeg.ec3657626bb68c248e891cdf68547fa3.jpeg

Some sort of talon-footed skele-thing standing on what looks to me like a plaguebearer skull.

OBR Maybe?  Definitely not a morghast foot (and if that is a plaguebearer skull much smaller than a morghasts foot) but could be related to the morghast-style skeletal wing we saw previously.

Edited by Sception

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, I have a very specific wish list for new OBR units/models that has remained consistent pretty much since the faction's release:

1. Walls & Gate terrain, like in the promotional art, if they put enough in the box to run a proper seige game I'd drop us$200 on this without a second thought.
  2. Mortek Archers/crossbows
  3. Morghast Hero, named or otherwise
  4. Warsphynx style seige beast large centerpiece monster w/ howda, (at least) 2 builds - leader build with liege in the howda or non-leader w/ mortek crew, spare base to field the liege as a foot hero if you build the mortek crew.

The one thing I don't want is more foot mortisans, we had enough of those before the ossifector.  Imo we now have too many, and the faction would be improved by removing the ossifector as a unit and just calling the model an alternate boneshaper sculpt.

Of the maybe OBR-esque teasers we've seen, there has been:

One Morghast-style wing.  This could be a new morghast hero or unit, but not necessarily.  It could easily be some other new winged OBR thing, either bigger or smaller than morghasts.  I'm pretty sure it's OBR something though, very distinctive style, and just not how wings in other factions look, even skeletalish wings in other undead factions.

One taloned boney limb, probably a leg, standing on or grasping what looks to be a plaguebearer skull.  If it is a plaguebearer skull, then the model is roughly human sized (as small as a mortek to as large as a liege - almost certainly smaller than stalkers/immortis).  I'm not as sure that this is OBR - it could be a boney daemon or some sort of weird deathrattle thing.  OBR seems most likely though.

If these are the same model then we might be looking at some sort of gargoyle-like winged mortek / mini morghast unit?  I kind of hope that's not the case, though, as imo OBR in general should be a pretty slow and landbound faction, more anvil than hammer if you catch my drift.  Yes, Deathriders exist, but they're not exactly fast by cavalry standards, and yeah morghasts exist too, but they're an expensive and specialized elite, with their speed and flight is part of what makes them special in the army.  Still, if we do get mortek gargoyles then a flying circus with gargoyles backed up by morghasts could be cool to see, even if it did feel off brand for the faction.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 1